Photos for COPR

Old Jul 23rd 2022, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

jordanleanne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Photos for COPR

Hi!
I'm back again with another question sorry! We finally have an update on our PR application (submitted Feb 2020). We have 30 days to submit update paperwork and photos. On the supporting information link, it specified the photo must be from a commercial photographer, with the photography studio name and address annotated on the back. Am I correct assuming we can't just use a passport photobooth? In which case, what kind of photographer do we need to find?
Thanks!
Old Jul 23rd 2022, 4:04 pm
dah diddly dah

btar has a reputation beyond reputebtar has a reputation beyond reputebtar has a reputation beyond reputebtar has a reputation beyond reputebtar has a reputation beyond reputebtar has a reputation beyond reputebtar has a reputation beyond reputebtar has a reputation beyond reputebtar has a reputation beyond reputebtar has a reputation beyond reputebtar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Photos for COPR

Originally Posted by jordanleanne
Hi!
I'm back again with another question sorry! We finally have an update on our PR application (submitted Feb 2020). We have 30 days to submit update paperwork and photos. On the supporting information link, it specified the photo must be from a commercial photographer, with the photography studio name and address annotated on the back. Am I correct assuming we can't just use a passport photobooth? In which case, what kind of photographer do we need to find?
Thanks!
I would suggest that you should not do anything other than follow the instructions or it could result in further delays. We used an "ordinary" high street photographer who knew exactly what was required and told us to come back if what they provided was unacceptable so they could address the problem.
Old Jul 24th 2022, 7:27 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jordanleanne
Hi!
Thanks!
A Photo Booth won’t give you the right size photos. You do need a photographer that can give you exactly what is needed, Snappy Snaps do them if you have one near you?
Old Jan 9th 2024, 1:30 pm
Just Joined

CapeBretonBound is an unknown quantity at this point

Can I just double check on this please as it's been a little while since this was originally posted.

For PR applications, can you really not upload digital photos you have taken yourself?

Seems bonkers in this day and age that they will only accept images of physical photos. Especially as the whole process in online anyway.

Thank you!
Old Jan 9th 2024, 1:35 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CapeBretonBound
Can I just double check on this please as it's been a little while since this was originally posted.

For PR applications, can you really not upload digital photos you have taken yourself?

Seems bonkers in this day and age that they will only accept images of physical photos. Especially as the whole process in online anyway.

Thank you!
It is possible to upload a digital photo taken yourself, but not for all apps. So you need to follow the specific instructions given to you.
Old Jan 9th 2024, 1:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
It is possible to upload a digital photo taken yourself, but not for all apps. So you need to follow the specific instructions given to you.
Thank you .

They weren't exactly specific instructions given to me, it's what it says in the guide: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ace/photo.html

I just wondered if perhaps this just hadn't been updated yet.

If I submit digital photos and they reject them, how much would it likely hold up our application do you think?

Thanks so much
Old Jan 9th 2024, 1:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Thank you .

They weren't exactly specific instructions given to me, it's what it says in the guide: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ace/photo.html

I just wondered if perhaps this just hadn't been updated yet.

If I submit digital photos and they reject them, how much would it likely hold up our application do you think?

Thanks so much
That's a guide for one route that may not apply to you though. Other guides have been updated to include digital photos (example - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...on-portal.html)

So you really need to wait until you actually get your instructions and then follow them.
Old Jan 9th 2024, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

Thanks but in my online portal for my PR application (not yet submitted) it is asking me to upload photos and it gives a link (the one I gave above) to that guide.

I just wasn't sure if this was just a generic (and possibly outdated) guide. But if you think it may have been specific to me, then I'll just go along with that one.
Old Jan 9th 2024, 2:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Thanks but in my online portal for my PR application (not yet submitted) it is asking me to upload photos and it gives a link (the one I gave above) to that guide.

I just wasn't sure if this was just a generic (and possibly outdated) guide. But if you think it may have been specific to me, then I'll just go along with that one.
If you're applying online then you can't follow those instructions as you can't submit physical photos with stuff written on the back. So I'd go with the one I've linked to personally, although if you want to be super safe then you could get Photo Booth photos rather than risk taking your own.

Good luck.