Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Photographs: For London Applications

Photographs: For London Applications

Old Oct 31st 2004, 5:29 pm
Moved from Chester UK

IckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really nice
Question Photographs: For London Applications

Hi,

Can anyone who has applied to the London office tell me where they went to get their photographs taken for the application form? Or how exactly they went about finding someone? Was it expensive?

Thanks
Old Oct 31st 2004, 6:15 pm
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice
Default Re: Photographs: For London Applications

I just went to a little photo plae that does passport photos - it was in St James's Park tube station, but any such place should be able to do them. I am pretty sure that they're the same size as British passport photographs - 33mm by 45mm. Just make sure that your head is the right size on the photos - between 25mm and 35mm, I believe.
Old Oct 31st 2004, 6:30 pm
Guinness is good for you.

Airseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud ofAirseir has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by IckleHelen
Hi,

Can anyone who has applied to the London office tell me where they went to get their photographs taken for the application form? Or how exactly they went about finding someone? Was it expensive?

Thanks
We just looked in the yellow pages for the nearest place that advertised for passport photos. We found someone about 6 miles away - not bad when we live in a small village with no shops and the next nearest village is 2 miles away. So I guess you should find someone very close. It only cost us £14 for two of us.
Old Oct 31st 2004, 6:53 pm
Moved from Chester UK

IckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really nice

Originally Posted by Airseir
We just looked in the yellow pages for the nearest place that advertised for passport photos. We found someone about 6 miles away - not bad when we live in a small village with no shops and the next nearest village is 2 miles away. So I guess you should find someone very close. It only cost us £14 for two of us.
Thanks - I've just looked at the yellow pages and there are two close by.
Old Oct 31st 2004, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

achak is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks - I've just looked at the yellow pages and there are two close by.

We used an immigration consultant and they required 10 photos each. We paid £40 total and there are 4 of us so it cost £10 each. That was through a local portrait photographer. We took the complete pack with us and he followed the instructions to the letter so it was totally worth it for peace of mind. The last thing I want is our application returned beacuse of something silly like an incorrect photo...
Old Oct 31st 2004, 7:41 pm
Moved from Chester UK

Originally Posted by achak
The last thing I want is our application returned beacuse of something silly like an incorrect photo...
Good point
Old Oct 31st 2004, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

Suzey has a brilliant futureSuzey has a brilliant futureSuzey has a brilliant futureSuzey has a brilliant futureSuzey has a brilliant futureSuzey has a brilliant future

A Photo-Me booth will give you the correct spec photos at a fraction of the price that a photographer will charge you...

Suze

Hi,

Thanks
Old Oct 31st 2004, 10:04 pm
Moved from Chester UK

Originally Posted by Suzey
A Photo-Me booth will give you the correct spec photos at a fraction of the price that a photographer will charge you...

Suze
I haven't measured them, but the application forms actually state that they are not the same as passport photographs. Is that because passport photographs are different sizes thoughout the world?
Old Oct 31st 2004, 10:33 pm
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice

I am pretty sure that you'll find that they're not the same as Canadian passport photos, but they are the same as British passport photos.

I haven't measured them, but the application forms actually state that they are not the same as passport photographs. Is that because passport photographs are different sizes thoughout the world?
Old Nov 1st 2004, 5:51 am
got visa

scrim20gb is an unknown quantity at this point

i done mine my self with a digital camera and my computer. dont bother forking out for photos do em your self.
Old Nov 1st 2004, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

Suzey has a brilliant futureSuzey has a brilliant futureSuzey has a brilliant futureSuzey has a brilliant futureSuzey has a brilliant futureSuzey has a brilliant future

Yeah - eg American passport pics are a very weird size - I know an American woman and she always had to go to a photographer for hers.

Suze

Old Nov 1st 2004, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jonny is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Suzey
Yeah - eg American passport pics are a very weird size - I know an American woman and she always had to go to a photographer for hers.

Suze
The one's you supply with your PR application are the same size as UK passport photos. The problem arises when you try to get photos for a Canadian or US passport in the UK. It's these that are different sizes.

Try it, go to a photo booth and get some test ones done for £3. Or just get your UK passport out and measure your photo in it...
Old Nov 1st 2004, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

smitp11 will become famous soon enoughsmitp11 will become famous soon enough

I wish I'd found these forums before having my photos done. It cost me 60 quid for 2 adults and one child...we are using an immigration consultant an they insisted we have them done professionally.

Old Nov 1st 2004, 8:46 pm
Moved from Chester UK

Originally Posted by smitp11
I wish I'd found these forums before having my photos done. It cost me 60 quid for 2 adults and one child...we are using an immigration consultant an they insisted we have them done professionally.

Well at least you would have looked good!
Old Nov 1st 2004, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

charlie1 is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie1 is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie1 is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie1 is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie1 is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie1 is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie1 is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie1 is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie1 is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie1 is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie1 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,

Thanks
Please don't just go anywhere, they do need to be exact or they will be rejected. Check through yellow pages and ask them if they are aware of the requirements, we had ours done in Shrewsbury but he was the only one in shropshire that was aware of the strict policies. If they are not correct your application can be delayed, so take the time to get it right 1st time.

Good Luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.