Phew! It's here!

Old Mar 19th 2009, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

volovolo1973 is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Phew! It's here!

After a few anxious months the wife phoned me at work and after chatting for 10 minute she suddenly remembered to tell me the meds had arrived this afternoon
Rushed home during lunch hour to book meds but alas :curse: there is a spelling error in my wifes name. Now instead of a [B]in the middle of her name they have put a [D]. Am absolutely furious because when we received AOR had same error, faxed and emailed them the corrections but obviously someone seriously can't differentiate between [D] and [B]. All the excitement gone. So back to the office and more waiting until we get corrected version.

Last edited by volovolo1973; Mar 19th 2009 at 2:25 pm. Reason: grammatical error
Old Mar 19th 2009, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

noolan has a brilliant futurenoolan has a brilliant futurenoolan has a brilliant futurenoolan has a brilliant futurenoolan has a brilliant futurenoolan has a brilliant future
Default Re: Phew! It's here!

Originally Posted by volovolo1973
After a few anxious months the wife phoned me at work and after chatting for 10 minute she suddenly remembered to tell me the meds had arrived this afternoon
Rushed home during lunch hour to book meds but alas :curse: there is a spelling error in my wifes name. Now instead of a [B]in the middle of her name they have put a [D]. Am absolutely furious because when we received AOR had same error, faxed and emailed them the corrections but obviously someone seriously can't differentiate between [D] and [B]. All the excitement gone. So back to the office and more waiting until we get corrected version.
Hi volovolo1973,

You dont need to wait for the correction.The (effecient... )CHC will take ages. Normally the DMP can sort out this problem. I had the same problem ,which was corrceted by the DMP.

Hope this helps,
Old Mar 19th 2009, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

ZWogan is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't be too disheartened by this. We had exactly the same thing when on the meds our daughter's birthday date was wrong. We just emailed the CHC and within 24 hours a new form arrived first class so there was no delaying in going for our medicals. Just mark your request urgent and they should be back to you quite quickly. Well hopefully anyway.
Old Mar 19th 2009, 5:52 pm
C'mon already

kazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on receiving your med requests.

Could you please post your timeline so that we all know where we are in comparison to you?

Thanks,

Karen
Old Mar 19th 2009, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

z030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to beholdz030209 is a splendid one to behold

Oh well done!! congratulations!!! yeah yeah, the DMP corrects the error, i wouldnt send it back... seriously!!
Old Mar 20th 2009, 12:11 am
Forum Regular

DESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really nice

Congratulations and good luck. Just the final hurdle ahead
Old Mar 20th 2009, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

WendyS has a brilliant futureWendyS has a brilliant futureWendyS has a brilliant futureWendyS has a brilliant futureWendyS has a brilliant futureWendyS has a brilliant futureWendyS has a brilliant future

We also had an error on my daughters birth date. Pointed it out to the DMP and she corrected it.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

volovolo1973 is an unknown quantity at this point

Meds now booked for Slough next Wednesday. Anyone with experience with the Slough Practice?
Old Mar 20th 2009, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

rufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nice

Hi

We had an error on ours too. Emailed CIC and received a corrected form within 24 hours. Didn't need to send the old one back so may be worth a try

Helen

Old Mar 21st 2009, 3:15 pm
Bristolish expat

Location: Bristol ~ Nanaimo, BC ... It's a bit like Salem's Lot!!
bananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond reputebananahammock has a reputation beyond repute

Just a bit of useful advice (hopefully ) ......

I had my meds in 2004 & the birthdate month was wrong ~ it said Mar instead of May ~ I also spoke to CIC & had this corrected at the Doc's as others are recommending but when I landed it was still wrong on form IMM1000?, the record of landing, so subsequently my PR card etc were all wrong :curse: ...... this bearing in mind I thought I'd sorted it out & done the right thing at the Doc's .......... anyway, had to go to CIC here fill out forms etc & after a couple of weeks it got sorted .......... fast forward to now, we've just applied for Citizenship ~ I have every form of ID they could possibly want with the correct date but no, they want the record of landing form!! (plus a zillion other things!! ) so the advice finally is if this happens to you keep the official letter you will receive once the changes are complete because you will need it if you are planning to apply for Citizenship somewhere down the line ....... phew, what a long winded way of saying keep all yer stuff