PHEP Passport collection ?

Old Jun 5th 2008, 3:49 pm
NEMESIS

dazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond repute
Default PHEP Passport collection ?

Hi guys

I received a letter from the High Commission asking for my passport and a couple of Visa photos. I took it all the Canadian High commission today and they gave me a receipt and told me to come back in 2 weeks and pick up my Passport !
Stupid question but does that mean the Visa will be with my passport when i pick it up and it also says make no plans to travel until you receive your passport with immigrant visa and confirmation of permanent residence (is this in the form of a letter?) !

The thing is i only applied for a spousal visa as my wife is Canadian (we've been married 5 years and have a 3yo son) about 3 months ago !

Just seems really quick as the CIC website says 6-8 months !

Sorry to ask this dumb question but i`m too excited to wait 2 weeks ! LOL

By the way i`m so glad i found this site cos its fantastic and i`m sure its gonna come in very handy in the future !

Many many thanks Daz

PS we are moving to Toronto (just thought i`d say)

Last edited by dazzlerdaz; Jun 5th 2008 at 3:53 pm.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 3:58 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PHEP Passport collection ?

Oddly enough this is good news for you as you will have your visa in two weeks. Hard to imagine why you worry about the speed. They do try to be quick in their processing of spousal applications.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 4:06 pm
NEMESIS

dazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you very much Jim !

Its just that people have been telling me (obviously not on this forum) that it takes so long and all kinds of things can go wrong !
I wish i`d found this Forum sooner, then i would have been a lot more relaxed and would have had a damn site more knowledge of what really happens when you apply ! Ah well...better late than never !
Old Jun 5th 2008, 4:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

It was 3mths for us, some people have it even sooner. Congrats
Old Jun 5th 2008, 4:15 pm
NEMESIS

some in less than 3 months WOW !
Sorry if i sound a little eager but i feel like all my xmas`s have come at once !
It just feels really strange knowing its all going ahead now !
Old Sep 6th 2008, 8:52 am
Just Joined

vancouvervilla is an unknown quantity at this point

I have just received one of these letters after checking on the website and seeing 'decision made'. We only applied last October!!

My girlfriend is in Vancouver and I have been back in England since May 07. I guess I'm one of the people at the over end to keep the average a little higher than 3 months!

So after reading this, I'm expecting good news. Will calm down when I actually get in the country though! We were rejected in May as they weren't satisfied and they asked for additional information. We could only give them a couple of basic letters. They said that they would reply in 45 days but I heard nothing until my medical results ran out. I have pulled most of my hair out!!
Old Sep 6th 2008, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

dgpondhoppper is a jewel in the roughdgpondhoppper is a jewel in the roughdgpondhoppper is a jewel in the roughdgpondhoppper is a jewel in the rough

Hi Dazzler

We collected our visa on thursday the single entry visa is fixed in the passport and you get a three part letter (very official looking) to present to immigration in CAN ,this is your confirmation of permanant residence. good luck