Paying taxes

Old Aug 6th 2009, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

Robert.Mcps is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Paying taxes

Hello,

After getting my PR stamped for the first time I intend to return to Canada only after 1.5 years to start living there. Till then I plan to stay in my home country and do my job there. The question I have is should I be paying taxes to the Canadian government for the period which I am not in Canada (1.5 years) and doing a job in my home country for which I am paying taxes to the government in my home country?

Thank You
Rob.
Old Aug 6th 2009, 2:54 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Paying taxes

Originally Posted by Robert.Mcps
Hello,

After getting my PR stamped for the first time I intend to return to Canada only after 1.5 years to start living there. Till then I plan to stay in my home country and do my job there. The question I have is should I be paying taxes to the Canadian government for the period which I am not in Canada (1.5 years) and doing a job in my home country for which I am paying taxes to the government in my home country?

Thank You
Rob.
Don't know about your home country or where it is.You'll pay taxes in Canada once you become a tax resident, which from what you say here, would be when you return to Canada.

What you need will be in here http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/nnrsdnts.../menu-eng.html