Passports requested for PR stamp

Old Aug 23rd 2011, 12:48 am
Just Joined

shrekpatel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Passports requested for PR stamp

Does anyone know how long it normally takes for the passports to return after they were requested for PR Stamping?
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 1:39 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passports requested for PR stamp

Hi

Originally Posted by shrekpatel
Does anyone know how long it normally takes for the passports to return after they were requested for PR Stamping?
1. Making an assumption that you are sending them to London, you can figure with processing and mailing 5/6 weeks before you get them back.
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 1:55 am
Just Joined

Hi, thanks for the speedy response, actually they are going to a Canadian address, as per their option.

Could i ask also what happens next? The reason why is I want to know how long before I can work ?
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 2:52 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

HI

Hi, thanks for the speedy response, actually they are going to a Canadian address, as per their option.

Could i ask also what happens next? The reason why is I want to know how long before I can work ?
This must be 20 Questions? What Canadian address? The only one that I know of is for Fort Erie for applications be processed through Buffalo where the applicant is in Canada. Same processing time applies, maybe a week shorter.

The same day you "land" as a PR.
Old Aug 28th 2011, 2:54 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by PMM
HI

This must be 20 Questions? What Canadian address? The only one that I know of is for Fort Erie for applications be processed through Buffalo where the applicant is in Canada. Same processing time applies, maybe a week shorter.

The same day you "land" as a PR.
Hi, You are correct, I am based in Canada, and the application originally went through Buffalo. So you are thinking 4wks to return our passports;

It then requires us to head off via car to the US Border and make a U-Turn to become (Landed or something), from that, how long is it that we officially become PR resident? or is that it?
Old Aug 28th 2011, 3:33 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi

Hi, You are correct, I am based in Canada, and the application originally went through Buffalo. So you are thinking 4wks to return our passports;

It then requires us to head off via car to the US Border and make a U-Turn to become (Landed or something), from that, how long is it that we officially become PR resident? or is that it?
1. If you don't wish to "flagpole" at the border you can make an appointment to "land" in Canada at a local CIC by calling the call centre 1-888=242=2100 about 2-6 week wait.
2. if you "land" at the border, then you are a PR as soon as the COPR is signed and the passport stamped.
Old Aug 31st 2011, 12:48 pm
Just Joined

Muppetgal is just really niceMuppetgal is just really niceMuppetgal is just really niceMuppetgal is just really niceMuppetgal is just really niceMuppetgal is just really niceMuppetgal is just really niceMuppetgal is just really nice

Our last step will be sending my husband's passport in....our local MP thought the timeframe would be 2 weeks...but here I am reading up to 6 weeks??

If we actually physically GO to London, can that be expediated?? We cannot afford to wait that long, we have two mortgages now and I have no job!
Old Aug 31st 2011, 12:50 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Muppetgal
If we actually physically GO to London, can that be expediated?? We cannot afford to wait that long, we have two mortgages now and I have no job!
Yes, if you go and drop them off in person then you collect them two weeks later.

Old Aug 31st 2011, 1:00 pm
Just Joined

Muppetgal is just really niceMuppetgal is just really niceMuppetgal is just really niceMuppetgal is just really niceMuppetgal is just really niceMuppetgal is just really niceMuppetgal is just really niceMuppetgal is just really nice

Thank you! That is at least more hopeful...cheap flight to London to drop it off will be more affordable than a month and a half worth of mortgage to be paid!
Old Aug 31st 2011, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

BrennaBoo is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Muppetgal
Thank you! That is at least more hopeful...cheap flight to London to drop it off will be more affordable than a month and a half worth of mortgage to be paid!
HEY! Well - my husbands passport came back today...just a little over 3 weeks to get back to canada by post...it's really not THAT much longer by post!
Old Aug 31st 2011, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

I have to say, that with their track record for our specific file, I would expect them to lose his passport.

I think we will be certain and drop it off in person. Although this is kinda confusing to me as I did get through to a switchboard operator last week who told me there was no one in the office at all, even if you show up in person. My reply: If there is no one there, who completes my application?

Old Aug 31st 2011, 2:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

britsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond reputebritsnake has a reputation beyond repute

I have been to the London office and there are loads of people in the building.

When it comes to drop off and pick up of passports, they only do on a Thursday. When I did it there were many people doing the same thing. But of course you can only do this if you applied via the London office.

Last edited by britsnake; Aug 31st 2011 at 2:06 pm.
Old Sep 1st 2011, 5:10 pm
Just Joined

Wemyssbay is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi There,

new on here. Have been going through PR application process (aaargh) I am currently in Canada with my wife (she is Canadian) and have an extension on my passport to extend my stay. Would it raise any concerns if they see my last entry date as Oct 2010 and I am asking them to post my passport back to Canada so that I can do a "flagpole run"? Any suggestions/info/advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks very much

Ps. to all those going through the processs, stick it out, it is long but so worth it!
Old Sep 1st 2011, 6:04 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi

Originally Posted by Wemyssbay
Hi There,

new on here. Have been going through PR application process (aaargh) I am currently in Canada with my wife (she is Canadian) and have an extension on my passport to extend my stay. Would it raise any concerns if they see my last entry date as Oct 2010 and I am asking them to post my passport back to Canada so that I can do a "flagpole run"? Any suggestions/info/advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks very much

Ps. to all those going through the processs, stick it out, it is long but so worth it!
No.
Old Sep 2nd 2011, 1:09 pm
Just Joined

Wemyssbay is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that. Went down to the local CIC office, they checked it out, my extension is still in process, they said there should be no probs either.

Thanks again