Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Passport Request Recieved... Mr.Miller Please advice

Passport Request Recieved... Mr.Miller Please advice

Old Nov 2nd 2004, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

ihassan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Passport Request Recieved... Mr.Miller Please advice

I applied from Buffalo in August 2002. Interview held in May 2004 at LA. Medicals were sent in June 2004. Passport request recieved yesterday.

My question to you is that as i am currently in Pakistan and it is illegal to send passports outside Pakistan by mail or by courier service, i believe i need to go in person all the way to LA for Visa issuance. Do you have any idea that if i go in person to the la consulate how much time will they take to process my passports? Can it be the same day. Secondly if i send them the passports through regular mail from USA how long would it take to get the passports back.

Would appreciate you help.

Thank you
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 6:32 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Passport Request Recieved... Mr.Miller Please advice

There are reports from those who got their passports back the same day in LA and from those who had to come back few days later.

If you mail it within US then you may get it back within 1 to 4 or so weeks.

Originally Posted by ihassan
I applied from Buffalo in August 2002. Interview held in May 2004 at LA. Medicals were sent in June 2004. Passport request recieved yesterday.

My question to you is that as i am currently in Pakistan and it is illegal to send passports outside Pakistan by mail or by courier service, i believe i need to go in person all the way to LA for Visa issuance. Do you have any idea that if i go in person to the la consulate how much time will they take to process my passports? Can it be the same day. Secondly if i send them the passports through regular mail from USA how long would it take to get the passports back.

Would appreciate you help.

Thank you