Passport Request for PR

Old Feb 18th 2014, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

kasoogi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Passport Request for PR

We're awaiting the decision on our PR application from CIC. Our application is with Sydney NS and they have received our medicals so we should be hearing fairly soon.

The CIC call centre tells me that because we're applying for PR, we shouldn't be required to send our passports off, we'll just get an invitation to enter the country as Permanent Residents and that should be it.

I'm in the process of booking a trip back to the UK and I don't want to confirm flights and then find I'm without my passport at the crucial moment. Can anyone confirm that to be granted PR we don't need to send off passports? We're currently resident in Canada on TWP.
Old Feb 18th 2014, 9:57 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport Request for PR

Did you apply inland or outland?
Old Feb 18th 2014, 10:12 pm
Just Joined

We applied from within Canada
Old Feb 18th 2014, 10:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

albertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond repute

We applied within Canada. Our application was sent to Ottawa. I thought Sydney was just an intake office? We landed 5th January and did not have to send our passports.
Old Feb 18th 2014, 10:45 pm
Just Joined

We applied through NBPNP so possibly that's why our application went to Sydney?
What was the process after medicals - just wondering how long we will be waiting and what will happen once we get a decision.
Old Feb 19th 2014, 3:04 am
Forum Regular

ookie123 is a jewel in the roughookie123 is a jewel in the roughookie123 is a jewel in the roughookie123 is a jewel in the rough

Hi we have applied for PR through ANIP from within Canada they received our medicals in Oct 2013 we received the RPRF on Jan 28th and still r waiting for a decision. The current official timeline is stating up to 17 months if this is correct we could still be in for a long wait, so frustrating when all you want to do is make plans for the future.
Old Feb 20th 2014, 10:33 am
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure if it's the same for all inland applications, as mine was spousal sponsorship, but we did get called for an interview at what turned out to be the end of the process (it was actually when we got PR, but the letter simply stated it was to attend an interview). The letter stated we would need to bring passports with us.

As said, not sure if the class you are applying under would require you to send off passports / attend a meeting and bring them with you (which would be better, as you would still have them in hand).

It could be worth calling CIC and asking them.
Old May 10th 2014, 4:53 pm
Just Joined

ABBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

I was wondering if anyone could shed some more light on the Passport Request.

I've applied via AINP (inland) & just received my request for medicals but really need to book a trip back to the UK for October/November but don't want to get caught without a passport.

What is confusing me is that I know some people who have had a PPR before their PR has been approved & others who have not had to send their passport off at all!
Old May 10th 2014, 5:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ABBrit
I was wondering if anyone could shed some more light on the Passport Request.

I've applied via AINP (inland) & just received my request for medicals but really need to book a trip back to the UK for October/November but don't want to get caught without a passport.

What is confusing me is that I know some people who have had a PPR before their PR has been approved & others who have not had to send their passport off at all!
I rang CIC prior to our PR confirmation and they informed us that for our circumstances (working in Canada on TWP and applying via PNP) there should be no passport request. This proved to be the case and we only had a request for photocopies of the passport before receiving our PR letter.
Old May 13th 2014, 2:17 am
Just Joined

ABBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks kasoogi, that puts my mind at ease a little. Guess I'll just have to see!