Wikiposts

Passport Request: Help please

Old Jun 11th 2009, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

abaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Passport Request: Help please

Hello All,

Just received the email asking for my passport - "file is now ready for visa issuance" !!!

I fly to Toronto on June 30th - would love to complete the landing process on this trip. If I drive down to London today and give passport + other stuff, would they accept it? What are my chances of getting my passport back by June 30th?

Can I speak to somebody about this? Lots of questions I know, sorry.

I'm about to go home and get photos sorted - I didn't realise I would need some more photographs. Thought everything that was sent with the application was enough. Oh well, will get some more.

I think I am rambling now - a bit overwhelmed. Why is everything never straightforward for me!

abaddon
Old Jun 11th 2009, 10:10 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport Request: Help please

Originally Posted by abaddon
Hello All,

Just received the email asking for my passport - "file is now ready for visa issuance" !!!

I fly to Toronto on June 30th - would love to complete the landing process on this trip. If I drive down to London today and give passport + other stuff, would they accept it? What are my chances of getting my passport back by June 30th?

Can I speak to somebody about this? Lots of questions I know, sorry.

I'm about to go home and get photos sorted - I didn't realise I would need some more photographs. Thought everything that was sent with the application was enough. Oh well, will get some more.

I think I am rambling now - a bit overwhelmed. Why is everything never straightforward for me!

abaddon
First off breathe hun and Congrats on getting your pass port request

I don't thing the CHC will except your passport today at all, they only do this on Thursdays and you can collect them 2 weeks later ....so no good for your trip really......however, you can post them in and maybe they will be back on time....it's pants sweetie, but i hope you get them back in time for your trip!
Old Jun 11th 2009, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

abaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond reputeabaddon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers
First off breathe hun and Congrats on getting your pass port request

I don't thing the CHC will except your passport today at all, they only do this on Thursdays and you can collect them 2 weeks later ....so no good for your trip really......however, you can post them in and maybe they will be back on time....it's pants sweetie, but i hope you get them back in time for your trip!
Thanks. Breathing ok now!

I will try and ring someone now and ask. I was thinking of posting special delivery with a covering letter explaining when I need it back. Do I take the risk?

abaddon
Old Jun 11th 2009, 10:20 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. Breathing ok now!

I will try and ring someone now and ask. I was thinking of posting special delivery with a covering letter explaining when I need it back. Do I take the risk?

abaddon
If you choose to send it in and take the risk, they will have your passport so you won't be able to go on your trip at all.....oh deary me!
Old Jun 11th 2009, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

If you choose to send it in and take the risk, they will have your passport so you won't be able to go on your trip at all.....oh deary me!
Ok, I've calmed down now and a bit more level-headed!

I don't think it would make much difference driving down today, driving down on Monday or posting special delivery on monday. So will consider all options over the weekend.

I've had no joy trying to get through to a human being at CHC, so I will fax a letter this afternoon explaining the situation and see if they come back to me with anything.

What will cost me more - missing my flight on June 30th or having to make another trip just for "landing"? Maybe not too much in it, so may take the risk.

Interesting times ahead....

abaddon
Old Jun 11th 2009, 10:50 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

Ok, I've calmed down now and a bit more level-headed!

I don't think it would make much difference driving down today, driving down on Monday or posting special delivery on monday. So will consider all options over the weekend.

I've had no joy trying to get through to a human being at CHC, so I will fax a letter this afternoon explaining the situation and see if they come back to me with anything.

What will cost me more - missing my flight on June 30th or having to make another trip just for "landing"? Maybe not too much in it, so may take the risk.

Interesting times ahead....

abaddon

You said it....interesting indeed, but you never know, they could get it back to you on time...just keep trying to contact them and see what happens.

Good Luck abaddon, let me know how you get on.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

You said it....interesting indeed, but you never know, they could get it back to you on time...just keep trying to contact them and see what happens.

Good Luck abaddon, let me know how you get on.
Thank you It's great to have a place to talk about this.

abaddon
Old Jun 11th 2009, 10:58 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

Thank you It's great to have a place to talk about this.

abaddon
Your welcome, you'll find people here are very friendly most of the time...
Old Jun 11th 2009, 11:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of light

Hey Abaddon (and FK)

In your e mail about your PPR do they give you a link to the form you need to complete aswell?
Its just a simple form where you have to complete your passport number, first name, last name, eye colour and height for everyone on your application.
Its a doddle to fill but we had to send that in with more photos as you mention.

As far as I know and as FK has said, you can only take your passports in on a Thursday and pick up the Thursday 2 weeks after that. I haven't heard of any exceptions to that.
Alternatively you can post them in, thats what we did and if I remember correctly they arrived there on the Thursday (Posted special delivery on Wednesday) and we received them back the Thursday or Friday 2 weeks after that....So you could try that but you would be cutting it very close although it could work. High risk though that you might not get them back in time to travel..
Don't know if that helps or not but hey ho...Good luck with whatever you decide.
Cheers
Tim
Old Jun 11th 2009, 11:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tim Steer
Hey Abaddon (and FK)

In your e mail about your PPR do they give you a link to the form you need to complete aswell?
Its just a simple form where you have to complete your passport number, first name, last name, eye colour and height for everyone on your application.
Its a doddle to fill but we had to send that in with more photos as you mention.

As far as I know and as FK has said, you can only take your passports in on a Thursday and pick up the Thursday 2 weeks after that. I haven't heard of any exceptions to that.
Alternatively you can post them in, thats what we did and if I remember correctly they arrived there on the Thursday (Posted special delivery on Wednesday) and we received them back the Thursday or Friday 2 weeks after that....So you could try that but you would be cutting it very close although it could work. High risk though that you might not get them back in time to travel..
Don't know if that helps or not but hey ho...Good luck with whatever you decide.
Cheers
Tim
Yes, there is a PDF attached to the email with the form to fill in and other info. I am sending CHC a fax in the next 20 mins and see if anybody gets back to me. At the moment, my gut feel is that if I send special delivery and get the stuff to them by Monday (15th) with a covering letter, I will get everything back by June 29th - one day before I fly

I'm stuffed if they only do these things on Thursdays!

abaddon
Old Jun 11th 2009, 11:42 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, there is a PDF attached to the email with the form to fill in and other info. I am sending CHC a fax in the next 20 mins and see if anybody gets back to me. At the moment, my gut feel is that if I send special delivery and get the stuff to them by Monday (15th) with a covering letter, I will get everything back by June 29th - one day before I fly

I'm stuffed if they only do these things on Thursdays!

abaddon
Can you not delay your flights by a week just to be sure? Most airlines will allow you to change a booking for a fee.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 11:45 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Can you not delay your flights by a week just to be sure? Most airlines will allow you to change a booking for a fee.
That is certainly an option. It is just me that has this problem. Wife and kids could travel as scheduled and I could delay. Big family wedding to attend on Friday July 3rd, but this is more important.

I will see what the costs are for changing my booking.

Thanks,
abaddon
Old Jun 11th 2009, 11:58 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

That is certainly an option. It is just me that has this problem. Wife and kids could travel as scheduled and I could delay. Big family wedding to attend on Friday July 3rd, but this is more important.

I will see what the costs are for changing my booking.

Thanks,
abaddon
Ah, it's only a wedding. Surely they could postpone that by a week, too?

Congratulations on the passport request by the way. All the best for your new lives in Canada.
Old Jun 12th 2009, 1:50 am
Forum Regular

On my booking confirmation:
  • Changes can be made up to 2 hours prior to departure.Cancellations can be made up to 45 minutes prior to departure.
  • Changes are permitted as follows:
    Prior to day of departure - £84 GBP plus taxes and any fare difference if applicable.
    Day of departure, at the airport - $100 CAD, plus applicable taxes (no charge for fare difference) for same day flights only.

I can change my booking upto 2 hours prior to departure - the fare difference is around £320 at the moment! So it would cost me approx £400 (+ taxes?) to change my outbound flight to a few days later.

I have 45 days (from the date of the letter) to respond to the passport request. 45 days from today is July 27th - that's the day I am scheduled to return to England. I think I have no choice. I need to send this off ASAP and hope for the best. If it doesn't come back in time, then I postpone my outbound flight.

abaddon
Old Jun 12th 2009, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

Unless anybody has any last minute bright ideas, I'm posting this off in the next hour! I'm getting all the stuff together now and writing a covering letter. Then off to the post office.

Haven't received the physical letter from them yet, but all the details are on the email and attached pdf, so I should be ok, right?

Thanks to all for help, advice and time.

abaddon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.