Wikiposts

passport request

Old Sep 23rd 2008, 3:52 am
Forum Regular

Khiran is an unknown quantity at this point
Default passport request

Hi everyone,
First, I would like to thanks all the people behind this great web site and all who are contributing every day with their comments and advices.

I applied under the skilled immigration in 2004 and I finally passed the medical test with my family last week. it took a long time to get here but I can't complain as I had a good job in Kuwait and I gained a lot of experience that I hope will be useful working in Canada.

Now as time is approaching to send the passports for visa stamping, I'm starting to worry about the last process. My lawyer explained to me that I need to send my passports by courier to stamp the visas within 90 days from the date I receive the passports request and it may take around six weeks to get them back.

In my current job, I travel very often and almost on a weekly bases and I would like to know if there is any way in which I can get the visas in a shorter period or at least if I can extend the 90 days period

My contract with my current employer will expire in June 2009 and that is the date in which I'm planing to move permanently to Canada.

Regards,
Old Sep 23rd 2008, 5:48 am
BE Enthusiast

bflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: passport request

Originally Posted by Khiran
Hi everyone,
First, I would like to thanks all the people behind this great web site and all who are contributing every day with their comments and advices.

I applied under the skilled immigration in 2004 and I finally passed the medical test with my family last week. it took a long time to get here but I can't complain as I had a good job in Kuwait and I gained a lot of experience that I hope will be useful working in Canada.

Now as time is approaching to send the passports for visa stamping, I'm starting to worry about the last process. My lawyer explained to me that I need to send my passports by courier to stamp the visas within 90 days from the date I receive the passports request and it may take around six weeks to get them back.

In my current job, I travel very often and almost on a weekly bases and I would like to know if there is any way in which I can get the visas in a shorter period or at least if I can extend the 90 days period

My contract with my current employer will expire in June 2009 and that is the date in which I'm planing to move permanently to Canada.

Regards,
I think it takes about 3 weeks for u to get yr passprt back with the stamp, I dont know about anyone saying 6 weeks, I might be worng but i doubt it.

good luck and once the passport request is out, go for it and it wont be more than 3 weeks.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 8:27 am
BE Enthusiast

raymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to allraymasa is a name known to all

Or if you can take a week holiday to UK (or are on business there), you can hand deliver the passport to CHC and pick it up the following week. I am not positive, but I believe you can hand deliver on Thursday and pick it up the following Thursday. But you may want to confirm that.

Ray
Old Sep 24th 2008, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Little D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud ofLittle D has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bflava
I think it takes about 3 weeks for u to get yr passprt back with the stamp, I dont know about anyone saying 6 weeks, I might be worng but i doubt it.

good luck and once the passport request is out, go for it and it wont be more than 3 weeks.
We sent our passports off to London on 30th August and haven't had them back yet. The letter said to contact them in the unlikely event we haven't had them back witihn 6 weeks.
Old Sep 24th 2008, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

RayS is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by raymasa
Or if you can take a week holiday to UK (or are on business there), you can hand deliver the passport to CHC and pick it up the following week. I am not positive, but I believe you can hand deliver on Thursday and pick it up the following Thursday. But you may want to confirm that.

Ray
I think you can pick them up 2 weeks later, not 1 week later!

Also it is from 2pm to 3pm on a thursday afternoon only

Good luck

Another Ray
Old Sep 24th 2008, 9:43 am
krn
Forum Regular

krn is a jewel in the roughkrn is a jewel in the roughkrn is a jewel in the roughkrn is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Little D
We sent our passports off to London on 30th August and haven't had them back yet. The letter said to contact them in the unlikely event we haven't had them back witihn 6 weeks.
It does say upto 6 weeks,,, so anytime between 2-6weeks...

Little D ,, first it was our file, now i think our passports are catching dust.. I am hoping to get them this week though
Old Sep 24th 2008, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

Khiran is an unknown quantity at this point

I wonder why they require all that time to stamp a visa. Comparing to the long immigration process, two or even six weeks more will not make any dfference but still I can't understand what they need all that time.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

kiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant futurekiton6 has a brilliant future

I wonder why they require all that time to stamp a visa. Comparing to the long immigration process, two or even six weeks more will not make any dfference but still I can't understand what they need all that time.
Clearly, it's to make us all suffer some more and not forget the process we have just gone through
Old Sep 25th 2008, 7:39 am
Just Joined

leicesterboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All
I would to to confirm for you, if you decide to courier your passport CHC state allow 30 working days (6weeks) for your passport to be returned. If you hand deliver to CHC London which has to be on a Thursday between 2-3 pm you will be given a receipt which advises the earliest you may collect is 10working days (2 week) from the date you gave your passport for your visa to added.

I have just gone through this process and was in London last week collecting my passport with my visa attached you also receive a landing document which you complete in front of immigration when you choose to finally land in Canada.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

RayS is on a distinguished road

Probably because they only do it once a week, on Thursday mornings!!

Ray