Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

emloyment letter for CEC..Mr Miller please

emloyment letter for CEC..Mr Miller please

Old Sep 25th 2008, 3:42 am
Forum Regular

sbhusan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default emloyment letter for CEC..Mr Miller please

Dear Mr Miller,
I'm planning to apply for PR under CEC but my current employer is not willing to issue any letter addressing CEC with all the required info as per the checklist rather ready to issue a generic letter in pdf format with the salary,designation,period of employment and type of employment (full time) information. will the printcopy of that letter suffice cic requirement for letter of reference from employer along with my paystub and initial assignment letter ?

Thanks,
Sbhusan
Old Sep 25th 2008, 4:10 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: emloyment letter for CEC..Mr Miller please

Checklist clearly requires the originals of employment reference letters, not any printouts from digital file (which is easy to alter).

Letters must include all of the following information:
• The specific period of your employment with the company
• The positions you have held during the period of employment and the time spent in each position
• Your main responsibilities in each position
• Number of hours of work per week
• Your total annual salary plus benefits
• The signature of your immediate supervisor or the personnel officer of the company
• A business card of the person signing

If you are currently working for particular employer then what is the problem for employer to give you original of signed letter??? CIC is not asking for anything illegal - all required information must be provided by employer and I don't see any reasons why employer wouldn't do it.

Canadian employers by law are required to issue record of employment upon request - this is one of the item required in checklist too.

T4 slips are not the same as paystubs - checklist asks for T4 slips that employer is also required to issue for tax purposes.

Initial assignment letter is worthless when it comes to documenting all the facts required.

And don't forget Notice of Assessment from Revenue Canada. You have filed tax returns in Canada, haven't you?

Don't look for shortcuts - the CEC has strict requirements that must be followed to the letter.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

I even can't understand why my employer is hesitant to issue a letter. They are ready for extending WP multiple times but dont want their employees get PR and switch employment(which I guess could be one reason).Even they issue me letters(digital) for my US visitor visa application upon request but a big no for PR.

I have everything else like T4,CRA Notice of assessment as I file tax return myself but stuck with the reference letter which is digital in nature.

Is it the end to my hope in CEC class or any other way left.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 12:02 pm

Is this also the reason you want to use CEC instead of SW with arranged employment route?
Old Sep 25th 2008, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

yes thats the only reason.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

Any suggestion if I can go ahead with those available documents as long as those are genuine and unaltered and my employer can't deny the fact mentioned in the letter upon enquired by CIC or I should stop preparing for CEC.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 2:45 pm

I can't tell you what to do as nobody yet has any experience with CEC. You'll have to decide yourself and if you take the plunge you'll be one of very first applicants. Keep us informed please.
Old Sep 25th 2008, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

RNair is an unknown quantity at this point

I am also in the same boat as Mr. Bhushan.

I am working in Canada since January 15,2005 and have been filing my TAX returns for the last 3 years. My company has made us sign contracts which says i should not apply for imigration. (My company is a computer Consultancyfirm with over 100K employees all around the world, and this is the way they make people not jump once they land in N.America)

Also i have a split salary where i get allowance in Canada and a full salary in India. I got a leterr in official letter head which says i have a net salary of X amount and i am a full time employee of the organization and i have been in Canad since 2005 but the letter was obtained as a reference for opening a bank account.

I am planning to attach a notarized copy of my salary letter in India along with the TAX docs and a letter from my client saying i have been working 40 hrs per week in their IT organization with my responsibilities at the client location

Hope this would be enough. Lets see how it goes

Regards