Passport request

Old Mar 18th 2005, 6:33 am
Just Joined

Jill-D is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Passport request

Today I received a passport request asking to send it AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. I am currently working in Canada under work permit, and I have to leave Canada on April 03 2005 for a business trip for one month. Since I do not think I will receive my passport back before April 03 if I send it to buffalo tommorow, CAN I SEND MY PASSPOST TO THEM AFTER I COME BACK TO CANADA ON APRIL 30, 2005? will it be a problem for Buffalo because of this delay? In the passport request letter, there is no words like 'passport has to be sent in within xxx days'.

Thanks

Last edited by Jill-D; Mar 18th 2005 at 6:36 am.
Old Mar 18th 2005, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

Yasmina2005 will become famous soon enoughYasmina2005 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Passport request

Originally Posted by Jill-D
Today I received a passport request asking to send it AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. I am currently working in Canada under work permit, and I have to leave Canada on April 03 2005 for a business trip for one month. Since I do not think I will receive my passport back before April 03 if I send it to buffalo tommorow, CAN I SEND MY PASSPOST TO THEM AFTER I COME BACK TO CANADA ON APRIL 30, 2005? will it be a problem for Buffalo because of this delay? In the passport request letter, there is no words like 'passport has to be sent in within xxx days'.

Thanks
Why don't you go physically to Buffalo. they will give you back your passport on the same day. Of course, this assumes you have a visa to the US (if you need one).

Usually, PR receipients are required to go either on Tuesdays or Thursdays. Buffalo Consulate opens to the public between 8 to 11 am. they give the passports between 1:30 and 3:30 or 3 pm.
Old Mar 18th 2005, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

reddy_cd is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jill,

Congratulations on receiving your passport request! Could you share your timeline please?

Regards

Thanks
Old Mar 18th 2005, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

Geet is on a distinguished road

Thanks
Congratulations ..... Time to open up the bubbly.
Old Mar 18th 2005, 4:14 pm
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
I think Yasmina is right!!
on the contrary, delay in sending the passport can be detrimental for ur PR application.
Old Mar 18th 2005, 6:12 pm
Account Closed

guest210 is an unknown quantity at this point

Its true, I have not landed yet, but I know many who have. If you don't do it soon, there are all kinds of possible consequences. Possibly nothing, but possibly more delays! Fly to Buffalo, or to Toronto and rent a car. Get there at 7am and get that stamp. And think about me while you do it.

What's your timeline?
Old Mar 19th 2005, 8:33 am
keep checking....

mhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to allmhhp is a name known to all

I agree with most of the others: If you want to play it safe, just go to buffalow get your visa and land on the way back.

Congratulations BTW.