Wikiposts

PASSPORT DAY - HURRAH!!

Old Sep 19th 2007, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

simon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud of
Default PASSPORT DAY - HURRAH!!

So, we're off to London this morning to deliver our passports to the High Commission.

We've got our letter, forms, photographs, passports and a packed lunch.

If anyone else is going, see you in the queue at 1.00 p.m.

Simon
Old Sep 19th 2007, 7:52 pm

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PASSPORT DAY - HURRAH!!

Simon - I wish I was that far in the process, but alas we are not.

But have a great day in London..you must be soooo excited

Tell us later how you both got on.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

TinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simon876
So, we're off to London this morning to deliver our passports to the High Commission.

We've got our letter, forms, photographs, passports and a packed lunch.

If anyone else is going, see you in the queue at 1.00 p.m.

Simon
How exciting! have a great day!(probably best queue you'll ever stand in ?!)

hopefully it will happen to us all sooner rather than later.......
Old Sep 19th 2007, 8:27 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

They should build a Tim's near there in london, would make the line alot better waiting in

Good luck and have a few later

Gill
Old Sep 19th 2007, 11:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

cneldred will become famous soon enough

At least it isn't raining for you Simon. Well done.

Chris

PS the next 2 weeks really drags by.
Old Sep 20th 2007, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

simon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud of

The Morning after......

Being the well-prepared person I usually am, we arrived at London Euston just after 11.30. As it wasn't raining, I persuaded my daughter that the 'short' walk to CHC was going to be enjoyable. Actually it was, we window-shopped most of the way, with Rachel "mmmm-ing" at every food shop we passed (note passed).

We got to CHC at 12.15, thinking we could have a picnic in Grosvenor Square before queuing. However, there was a queue already. We decided to stake our claim and took up residence on the pavement. As it turned out, it was the quickest hour and three-quarters ever, spent chatting to a few folks in the line.

When the doors opened, I was in the first group let in. The friendly security guy barely glanced at my invitation letter. A brief skirmish with very tight security (the man with the rubber glove was surprisingly gentle) and I headed up to the first floor to hand in my 'stuff'.

After all that, our passports, two piccies of each of us and the update form were handed to a very nice young lady with a gorgeous French accent. Everything was popped into a brown envelope and was sealed with the other half of the cloakroom ticket I was given as my receipt.

So, that's it. 2 years 10 months of waiting, summed up in one raffle ticket. Still, it's probably the only raffle ticket that ever meant anything to me.

One thing that did concern me was that (as we used immigration lawyers) the original PPR letter went to them and they sent me a .pdf version of the letter. I was worried that CHC might insist on my having the original letter. My lawyers assured me that having the original was not necessary and this proved to be the case. Worry over.

Travelling back was easy. By now my daughter was so full of excitement that I simply tied a string to her leg and she floated home.

Two weeks, eh? I guess there's still plenty to keep us busy.

Got home to find a tax assessment for underpayment from the Inland Revenue. I knew it was coming but timing wasn't perfect. Still, nothing spoiled the day.

Last of all, I opened an email from a contact in London, ON to say that he wants me to start working with him as soon as I can get my SIN sorted out when we arrive - HURRAH!!

Other than all that, a pretty crap day really.

Simon
Old Sep 20th 2007, 8:45 pm

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by simon876
The Morning after......

Being the well-prepared person I usually am, we arrived at London Euston just after 11.30. As it wasn't raining, I persuaded my daughter that the 'short' walk to CHC was going to be enjoyable. Actually it was, we window-shopped most of the way, with Rachel "mmmm-ing" at every food shop we passed (note passed).

We got to CHC at 12.15, thinking we could have a picnic in Grosvenor Square before queuing. However, there was a queue already. We decided to stake our claim and took up residence on the pavement. As it turned out, it was the quickest hour and three-quarters ever, spent chatting to a few folks in the line.

When the doors opened, I was in the first group let in. The friendly security guy barely glanced at my invitation letter. A brief skirmish with very tight security (the man with the rubber glove was surprisingly gentle) and I headed up to the first floor to hand in my 'stuff'.

After all that, our passports, two piccies of each of us and the update form were handed to a very nice young lady with a gorgeous French accent. Everything was popped into a brown envelope and was sealed with the other half of the cloakroom ticket I was given as my receipt.

So, that's it. 2 years 10 months of waiting, summed up in one raffle ticket. Still, it's probably the only raffle ticket that ever meant anything to me.

One thing that did concern me was that (as we used immigration lawyers) the original PPR letter went to them and they sent me a .pdf version of the letter. I was worried that CHC might insist on my having the original letter. My lawyers assured me that having the original was not necessary and this proved to be the case. Worry over.

Travelling back was easy. By now my daughter was so full of excitement that I simply tied a string to her leg and she floated home.

Two weeks, eh? I guess there's still plenty to keep us busy.

Got home to find a tax assessment for underpayment from the Inland Revenue. I knew it was coming but timing wasn't perfect. Still, nothing spoiled the day.

Last of all, I opened an email from a contact in London, ON to say that he wants me to start working with him as soon as I can get my SIN sorted out when we arrive - HURRAH!!

Other than all that, a pretty crap day really.

Simon
Simon....what a great day you had in London....forget about the Inland Revenge...as we call them I suppose you'd better pay the bill though.

Can't believe you have a job lined up too..way to go

Just two short weeks left of hanging on in desperation..eh?
Old Sep 20th 2007, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

KatyM is just really niceKatyM is just really niceKatyM is just really niceKatyM is just really niceKatyM is just really niceKatyM is just really niceKatyM is just really niceKatyM is just really nice

Simon,

Can I turn up on my own with passports for my wife , daughter and myself? Or do all appicants have to go?

andrew
Old Sep 20th 2007, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Andrew, we got our PPR on the Friday. So rather than wait until the following Thursday to go up to CHC in person i sent them 'signed for'. They came back in 2 and a half weeeks, the day before i would have picked them up if i had gone up to London the following Thursday.

See you all soon

Chris
Old Sep 20th 2007, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

KatyM is just really niceKatyM is just really niceKatyM is just really niceKatyM is just really niceKatyM is just really niceKatyM is just really niceKatyM is just really niceKatyM is just really nice

Makes sense Chris but I believe there are 4 days of postal strikes next month which is a bit worrying.
andrew

Originally Posted by cneldred
Andrew, we got our PPR on the Friday. So rather than wait until the following Thursday to go up to CHC in person i sent them 'signed for'. They came back in 2 and a half weeeks, the day before i would have picked them up if i had gone up to London the following Thursday.

See you all soon

Chris
Old Sep 20th 2007, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

oh didn't know about that. Surely they will change their minds now that summer is over (yeah i know didn't really start). In that case yeah i would go up to London.

Chris
Old Sep 20th 2007, 11:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by KatyM
Simon,

Can I turn up on my own with passports for my wife , daughter and myself? Or do all appicants have to go?

andrew
Hi Andrew,

You can all go if you like, but only the principal applicant will be allowed in.

Simon
Old Sep 21st 2007, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Simon.I'll keep Katy my wife away from central London as the new HSBC Canadian crdit cards are burning a hole in her pocket I think.
andrew
Old Sep 21st 2007, 1:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Ah, the truth comes out Katy didn't lose her purse on the way back, you hid it didn't you Andrew??
Old Sep 21st 2007, 3:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by KatyM
Thanks Simon.I'll keep Katy my wife away from central London as the new HSBC Canadian crdit cards are burning a hole in her pocket I think.
andrew
Hmmm, that sounds familiar except it's Laura who impounds my credit card every time I go near a bike shop!!

I'm sure you'll hear soon, then all hell breaks loose.

Keep smiling,

Simon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.