Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Passport back - I HAVE MY SHINY LITTLE VISA

Wikiposts

Passport back - I HAVE MY SHINY LITTLE VISA

Old May 5th 2007, 6:34 am
BE Forum Addict

mkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Passport back - I HAVE MY SHINY LITTLE VISA

Great news Robski, from a hot and sunny Florida!
Keep in touch!
Old May 5th 2007, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

jcatterbury is on a distinguished road

Hey Robski

Almost missed this thread!

Anyway that is excellent news. Are you bored of all the congratulations yet?

Best of luck with everything!

Cheers,
Jason
Old May 5th 2007, 6:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud of

Weee heee, thanks everyone. Still all warm and fuzzy (and slightly hung over now too ). The passport has been in and out of my handbag that many times over the last 48 hours to show people and of course has spent the nights under my pillow

HOwever, I think the realness of the whole thing is finally starting to sink in. Not panicking too much though, but the logistics of the actual move are a bit of a challenge arent they?

Cant finish work too soon, obviously need as much money as poss before i move 5000 miles to somewhere with no job... must sell house, but not be homeless before am ready to go.... ship furniture out, but not too soon... sell car.... sell excess funriture.... find somewhere to live on the other side.... find job to go to and ofcourse given where wnat to live will need decent car asap on arrival..... book cats flight......AGHHHHH

No, is fine, am not pinicking yet, really, no problems here people, all totally calm...

Off back to bed to hide under duvet for a couple more hours. Will get up again later and face it all then
Old May 5th 2007, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

mkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Robski
Couple of tips:
- don't leave selling the car too long - we thought our's would go pretty quickly but in the end it was a last minute rush. Took us about a month, without 'giving it away'. If you rent a car, once you've sold your's, Hertz do one way and drop off at Heathrow for an extra thirty quid.
- get stuff on Ebay too- we made nearly five hundred quid on stuff which we thought might end up at the local tip
- shipping - is vague and dependent on sailings, so our stuff will be in Vancouver in three and a half weeks! Darn it - means paying more for storage t'other end!
Take care though - any wobbles, share them with us, we're already homeless, jobless, footloose and fancy free.......and we're parents! (Spot the unfit mother trying to get her daughter to do fractions and home schooling when she can see the pool from the other side of the patio doors......!)
Old May 6th 2007, 5:33 pm
Bring on the snow!

Rob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond reputeRob_999 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow - many many congrats Robski!! You beat me to it

I'll be waiting anxiously for the post this week!!
Rob
Old May 6th 2007, 10:27 pm

gloveman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mkmurrays
Hi Robski
Couple of tips:
- don't leave selling the car too long - we thought our's would go pretty quickly but in the end it was a last minute rush. Took us about a month, without 'giving it away'. If you rent a car, once you've sold your's, Hertz do one way and drop off at Heathrow for an extra thirty quid.
- get stuff on Ebay too- we made nearly five hundred quid on stuff which we thought might end up at the local tip
- shipping - is vague and dependent on sailings, so our stuff will be in Vancouver in three and a half weeks! Darn it - means paying more for storage t'other end!
Take care though - any wobbles, share them with us, we're already homeless, jobless, footloose and fancy free.......and we're parents! (Spot the unfit mother trying to get her daughter to do fractions and home schooling when she can see the pool from the other side of the patio doors......!)
Agree about the car - we have two to get rid of and even though we are asking well below what they are worth - there is no interest - probably end of giving them away to a dealer which really hurts.
Hope you're having a good holiday.
Old May 6th 2007, 11:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

If it helps, on the car front, we sold ours via Autotrader online/magazine. Worth a try if you haven't done so already.
One went to a guy in Isle of Wight - we lived in Milton Keynes!
Lived as in the past tense sounds weird!

Hope that helps and all's well with you?.
Old May 7th 2007, 3:55 am

gloveman is an unknown quantity at this point

If it helps, on the car front, we sold ours via Autotrader online/magazine. Worth a try if you haven't done so already.
One went to a guy in Isle of Wight - we lived in Milton Keynes!
Lived as in the past tense sounds weird!

Hope that helps and all's well with you?.
Thanks - it's already been done!!
Old May 7th 2007, 11:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by zmartin
Congratulations on your visas! One day we might get ours!!

Anyway, don't go buying all those nice houses that I've seen - leave one for us for when we get out there!

Keep in touch and maybe by the end of the year we can meet up in the Wild Wood bistro and have a beer.

Zoe M. x
Zoe, i promise i only plan to buy the one house in Pemby

Good luck to you for the coming months, i hope you hear soon, and then we can make a plan for drinks in the Wildwood for sure (I had lunch there on Easter Sunday)
Old May 7th 2007, 11:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Robski
Couple of tips:
Great advise, thank so much.

My "to do" list is growing by the day, and as yet nothing really getting ticked off of it. Am a bit in limbo until I Exchange but hey, then full steam ahead.

Hopefully I wont have too many collywobbles between now and then.