Pass mark

Old Oct 28th 2004, 1:20 am
DEVILS work is never done

Hellboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pass mark

Is any body aware of any potential changes to the skilled worker passmark in the near future (next 24 months). I have applied using the current 67 marks ( I have 72), however I am aware this would not be enough if the pass mark reverted back to 75. Is this possible/probable etc? or am I worrying over nothing. :scared:
Old Oct 28th 2004, 2:59 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pass mark

Possible? Yes. Rather highly if you are asking about 2 years frame.

Probable? Yes. But maybe not to 75.

Originally Posted by Hellboy
Is any body aware of any potential changes to the skilled worker passmark in the near future (next 24 months). I have applied using the current 67 marks ( I have 72), however I am aware this would not be enough if the pass mark reverted back to 75. Is this possible/probable etc? or am I worrying over nothing. :scared:
Old Oct 28th 2004, 3:41 am

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
Possible? Yes. Rather highly if you are asking about 2 years frame.

Probable? Yes. But maybe not to 75.
Andrew do you know of any historical precedence for this. Would it not be fair for existing applicants to be assessed on the lower number of points in accordance with their timing of application? I just can’t see how C.I. can suddenly change the rules in retrospect without causing widespread annoyance and a loss of credibility.
Old Oct 28th 2004, 4:08 am

It is the law - read here:

http://www.canlii.org/ca/regu/sor2-227/sec77.html

Law provides the option to adjust pass mark as needed and such will be applied to all pending cases, just like last year's (Sep 18, 2003) reduction of pass mark was applied to all still pending cases.

If you read the law you'll see that changing pass mark and applying such to still pending application is not "changing the rules" - the rules are in place to accomodate floating pass mark as immigration program's management tool.

This matter has been more than extensively discussed in this and other forums for past 2+ years - no need to start it all over again.

Andrew do you know of any historical precedence for this. Would it not be fair for existing applicants to be assessed on the lower number of points in accordance with their timing of application? I just can’t see how C.I. can suddenly change the rules in retrospect without causing widespread annoyance and a loss of credibility.
Old Oct 28th 2004, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

dimon237 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
It is the law - read here:

http://www.canlii.org/ca/regu/sor2-227/sec77.html

Law provides the option to adjust pass mark as needed and such will be applied to all pending cases, just like last year's (Sep 18, 2003) reduction of pass mark was applied to all still pending cases.

If you read the law you'll see that changing pass mark and applying such to still pending application is not "changing the rules" - the rules are in place to accomodate floating pass mark as immigration program's management tool.

This matter has been more than extensively discussed in this and other forums for past 2+ years - no need to start it all over again.
Just do a search on "passmark" and you'll find a very extensive discussion on this issue. If I had to guess, I'd say it will be in the 70-72 mark. This is not based on anything solid, just my opinion.
Old Oct 28th 2004, 5:06 am

Originally Posted by dimon237
Just do a search on "passmark" and you'll find a very extensive discussion on this issue. If I had to guess, I'd say it will be in the 70-72 mark. This is not based on anything solid, just my opinion.
thank you, I will take your advice.
Old Oct 28th 2004, 5:56 am
BE Enthusiast

cryout is on a distinguished road

thank you, I will take your advice.

does it means that also the pending cases waiting for the passport request will be re-assessed?
Old Oct 28th 2004, 6:30 am

Yes. Waiting for "passport request" really means waiting for final decision as initial assessment is not a final approval yet.

And section 77 of Regulations clearly states:

---------------------------------
77. For the purposes of Part 5, the requirements and criteria set out in sections 75 and 76 must be met at the time an application for a permanent resident visa is made as well as at the time the visa is issued.
---------------------------------

Originally Posted by cryout
does it means that also the pending cases waiting for the passport request will be re-assessed?