Parents Sponsorship

Old Aug 5th 2014, 10:49 pm
Photography Enthusiast

akabutter has a brilliant futureakabutter has a brilliant futureakabutter has a brilliant futureakabutter has a brilliant futureakabutter has a brilliant futureakabutter has a brilliant futureakabutter has a brilliant future
Default Parents Sponsorship

Hello everyone!

If a permanent resident wants to sponsor his parents, but his parents have a underage child aged 15 as their dependant, can the parents still be sponsored? If they can, I suppose that the under age child should be included in the application as well, is it correct?

Thank you!
Old Aug 6th 2014, 6:02 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parents Sponsorship

Hi

Originally Posted by akabutter
Hello everyone!

If a permanent resident wants to sponsor his parents, but his parents have a underage child aged 15 as their dependant, can the parents still be sponsored? If they can, I suppose that the under age child should be included in the application as well, is it correct?

Thank you!
What is the relationship to the child? Adopted? natural?
Old Aug 6th 2014, 2:38 pm
Photography Enthusiast

akabutter has a brilliant futureakabutter has a brilliant futureakabutter has a brilliant futureakabutter has a brilliant futureakabutter has a brilliant futureakabutter has a brilliant futureakabutter has a brilliant future

Thanks for the reply, PMM. The child is natural and has no disability. The parents ages are 60 (mother) and 81 (father).

Thank you again.
Old Aug 6th 2014, 4:59 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks for the reply, PMM. The child is natural and has no disability. The parents ages are 60 (mother) and 81 (father).

Thank you again.
Then the child is included in the application as a dependent. Better have lots of proof that child is that of the mother. CIC is going to question that a 45 year gave birth, and may request DNA testing.
Old Aug 15th 2014, 3:00 am
Photography Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi
Then the child is included in the application as a dependent. Better have lots of proof that child is that of the mother. CIC is going to question that a 45 year gave birth, and may request DNA testing.
Thank you for your reply. But, wow! Really? I'm really surprised that the parents can be sponsored and have to include the underage child.

My personal reasoning (that I'm aware is worth nothing) was that because of the kid they would become ineligible for this kind of sponsorship. Since you can't sponsor siblings under regular circumstances, it could be seem as an attempt to sponsor a brother/sister disguised as parents sponsorship.

Thanks again.

Cheers,
Old Aug 15th 2014, 3:09 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi

Thank you for your reply. But, wow! Really? I'm really surprised that the parents can be sponsored and have to include the underage child.

My personal reasoning (that I'm aware is worth nothing) was that because of the kid they would become ineligible for this kind of sponsorship. Since you can't sponsor siblings under regular circumstances, it could be seem as an attempt to sponsor a brother/sister disguised as parents sponsorship.

Thanks again.

Cheers,
It has been going on for years. Sponsor parents with dependent children, family emigrates, kids remain, parents return home. That is why parents sponsorship reduced to 5K per year. Previously running at about 25K a year before the moratorium.

There are still the astronauts where the family applies under FSW gets visa, breadwinner returns after "landing" to job in home country, spouse and children remain. Breadwinner declares self to be non tax residence, especially if working in a tax free country and bobs your uncle.