Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Parents and Grandparents Program 2020 Results

Parents and Grandparents Program 2020 Results

Old Nov 1st 2020, 8:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

KenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really nice
Default Parents and Grandparents Program 2020 Results

I applied for my mom in this lottery,

I know it finishes in 2 days. but when are the results?

Will they contact us if she was selected or do we have to search somewhere? and if so where?
Old Nov 1st 2020, 9:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parents and Grandparents Program 2020 Results

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration.../selected.html

Do you meet the criteria to sponsor though? Maybe I’m mixing you up with somebody else but I thought you’d only recently moved to Canada?
Old Nov 1st 2020, 10:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

KenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really niceKenA is just really nice

Yea I have been for a year in Canada

I think I meet the criteria of Financial Support
Old Nov 1st 2020, 11:41 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by KenA

1. You need 3 years of Canadian income over the MINI to qualify. "To prove you meet the income requirements, you must include your Notice of Assessment from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) for the last 3 tax years before you apply (2020, 2019 and 2018). The easiest way to prove your income is to give us permission to get your Notices of Assessment directly from the CRA."
Old Nov 1st 2020, 11:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

I can provide proof of income and bank account from Australia that prove that I can support my mom
beside my work in canada for the year I lived in Canada

Last edited by KenA; Nov 1st 2020 at 11:48 pm.
Old Nov 1st 2020, 11:45 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Umm.. sorry, but I don't think you will.. you need to supply your Notice of Assessment from Revenue Canada for 3 years to show you qualify.
To prove you meet the income requirements, you must include your Notice of Assessment from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) for the last 3 tax years before you apply (2020, 2019 and 2018). The easiest way to prove your income is to give us permission to get your Notices of Assessment directly from the CRA.
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpce...um=1445&top=14
Old Nov 2nd 2020, 6:46 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, but as the others have said above you don’t qualify. You need 3 full years of income in Canada before you can sponsor a parent, your income in Australia isn’t relevant.

Best to cancel your application now to give somebody else a chance, and then reapply when eligible - looks as though you moved in January from your previous posts? So you should be able to apply in 2022 (if you earned enough under your first part year) or 2023 (if you didn’t.

HTH.