Wikiposts

Packing list

Old Aug 15th 2008, 8:41 pm
Nova Scotia

Bellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond repute
Default Packing list

Hi guys, can anyone answer my question? Me and big Stevo are getting to the point where we really need to start packing, we are unsure what to list or whether we need a list at all if we are going over on a twp could someone give us some advice please, thankyou
Bella
xx
Old Aug 15th 2008, 9:08 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Packing list

Hi

Here is a link to the wiki, goods to follow information.

This will still be required on landing as a TWP holder, I am fairly sure

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Goods_To_Follow

also this list might be useful for you

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Depart...K_to_Canada%29

Good luck
Old Aug 15th 2008, 9:09 pm
Nova Scotia

Bellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
Hi

Here is a link to the wiki, goods to follow information.

This will still be required on landing as a TWP holder, I am fairly sure

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Goods_To_Follow

also this list might be useful for you

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Depart...K_to_Canada%29

Good luck
Thanks Nikki, I'll have a look
xx
Old Aug 16th 2008, 12:16 am
Job Hunting in Ottawa

sheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of light

I made a start on my to do list, it's damn overbearing.
Old Aug 16th 2008, 3:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Tim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of lightTim Steer is a glorious beacon of light

I do not know if this information is correct or not but..We were told at the Leeds expo the other month (by one of the removal companies) that they will actually create the list of everything that they are packing and then you just need to put values against it..
I don't know what removal company you are using but whilst I am sure it costs extra for this, I think it is the route we will probably use just to take all the hassle out of it...Almost sounds to good to be true...
Old Aug 16th 2008, 5:21 am
9 months, start to finish

gibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond repute

hi

we had a shipper out yesterday for a quote, 'robinsons'......real great guy and explained that they do list everything and you just sign it at the end.....when i say everything, i mean everything obvious ie: if already packed by you, just leave the box open so that they can see into the box and list it.....if they pack it themselves, then everything is listed......you also have to fill in a 'marine' insurance form, which lists everything that you take and you fill in the values.......

hope that helps?
Old Aug 16th 2008, 5:53 am
Forum Regular

fionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nicefionamst is just really nice

We came over in 2005 on a twp and had Pickfords pack our stuff and they just gave us a list of our packing, we didn't put values on any of it and it was ok for customs, it was just basically boxes of extra clothing, toys, computer stuff, books, nick-naks etc nothing big. Only half a container.

Fiona
Old Aug 16th 2008, 5:59 am
Nova Scotia

Originally Posted by gibsonslanding
hi

we had a shipper out yesterday for a quote, 'robinsons'......real great guy and explained that they do list everything and you just sign it at the end.....when i say everything, i mean everything obvious ie: if already packed by you, just leave the box open so that they can see into the box and list it.....if they pack it themselves, then everything is listed......you also have to fill in a 'marine' insurance form, which lists everything that you take and you fill in the values.......

hope that helps?

Sounds good thankyou I will give them a ring next week cheers for the advice
Bellla
Old Aug 16th 2008, 6:01 am
Nova Scotia

[QUOTE=Tim Steer;6685555]I do not know if this information is correct or not but..We were told at the Leeds expo the other month (by one of the removal companies) that they will actually create the list of everything that they are packing and then you just need to put values against it..
I don't know what removal company you are using but whilst I am sure it costs extra for this, I think it is the route we will probably use just to take all the hassle out of it...Almost sounds to good to be true...[/QUOTE

Does sound really good, like you say you probably pay for the privilage, but well worth it, thankyou
Bella
Old Aug 16th 2008, 6:09 am
BE Enthusiast

emmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud of

We have just had all the forms and with the insurance form you can either pick to accept their value by cubic capacity, or list everything yourself. We opted to list everything. This was because they worked out that for the capacity we are taking it was worth £17,000, the insurance is then 3% of that.
When we listed everything it came to approx £9000, so even though it took all day sorting stuff it has cut the cost down. We are using 'Crown' so not sure if other removers have the same sort of insurance forms.
As we have a copy of that form it will be easier to transfer onto the 'goods to follow' but I have just looked at the itinery and it says ' as your personal belongings are carefully wrapped and packed your Crew Supervisor will note each item on a 'Packing Inventory Sheet'...
We have over the last few months been saving cardboard boxes and bubble wrap, but the consultant said no need for that as they do it all. We even bought some of those packing bags that you suck the air out and he advised us not to use them with the shipping because mold could occur.
Hope that helps...nightmare isn't it. good luck anyway
Old Aug 16th 2008, 9:52 am
9 months, start to finish

gibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamst
We came over in 2005 on a twp and had Pickfords pack our stuff and they just gave us a list of our packing, we didn't put values on any of it and it was ok for customs, it was just basically boxes of extra clothing, toys, computer stuff, books, nick-naks etc nothing big. Only half a container.

Fiona
please, please, please....if you do nothing else, pay for 'marine' insurance. i was told yesterday that on average 10,000 containers fall over board every year or go down with the ship.....this is however a very small percentage of the worldwide merchant distribution but hey! this could be your container and you've got to replace the goods.....also, without insurance in place, you are also liable for the cost of the salvage too; ironicly.......costs enough to move it over to canada in the first place, right.
Old Aug 17th 2008, 12:03 am
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

Alot of money is made out of marine insurance too and realistically, how much of what is in your container would you actually replace.

We took the line of working out how much cash we would need to replace the essentials (beds, sofa etc) and insured to that total amount but we listed the items which we most likely to get broken in transit as the ones we would claim against so that if a really nice ornament or mirror got smashed we would be compensated.

Our container arrives tomorrow so we will find out if it was a good move then.