Wikiposts

Packaging an Application

Old Jan 20th 2016, 9:47 pm
Just Joined

MissDW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Packaging an Application

My apologies if this has been answered already somewhere on the forum, I couldn't seem to find it.

My fiance and I are ready to submit our PR application. I'm sponsoring him, as I'm Canadian and he's British. We've got all the documents we need, but I'm struggling with how to package them up.

I got a great table of contents from another thread, which has helped me organize, but since you basically can't have anything bulky (staples, binders, paper clips etc) I'm wondering how other people packaged up their application? Any advice or pictures would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

MissDW
Old Jan 21st 2016, 3:20 am
Forum Regular

jk94441 has a reputation beyond reputejk94441 has a reputation beyond reputejk94441 has a reputation beyond reputejk94441 has a reputation beyond reputejk94441 has a reputation beyond reputejk94441 has a reputation beyond reputejk94441 has a reputation beyond reputejk94441 has a reputation beyond reputejk94441 has a reputation beyond reputejk94441 has a reputation beyond reputejk94441 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Packaging an Application

Hello,
We also used a table of contents and had every page numbered and in the same order as the table. We then used coloured sticky notes (the mini ones) to break up the different sections (sponsor forms, applicant forms, relationship proof) etc. I think as long as it is easy to find everything the processing officer will be very happy as I'm sure they get some which are a total mess!
Old Jan 21st 2016, 6:04 am
Forum Regular

P4rv1n is on a distinguished road

I used foldback clips (the black ones), to keep all my proof of communication with hubby, and photos, wrote on the back of the pictures what was happening, i.e engagment ceremony and date of engagement, and just placed them in the application where i thought it was appropriate, i did not do a table of contents or number my pages (a good idea though), i did not staple anything, oh and i highlighted the dates on the emails my husband and i sent each other so it was easily visable for the person checking the forms.
Old Jan 21st 2016, 7:12 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MissDW
My apologies if this has been answered already somewhere on the forum, I couldn't seem to find it.

My fiance and I are ready to submit our PR application. I'm sponsoring him, as I'm Canadian and he's British. We've got all the documents we need, but I'm struggling with how to package them up.

I got a great table of contents from another thread, which has helped me organize, but since you basically can't have anything bulky (staples, binders, paper clips etc) I'm wondering how other people packaged up their application? Any advice or pictures would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

MissDW
Hello and welcome to BE!

How exciting that you are almost ready to send it off - and scary too! You might want to have a quick look over our very own Schnookololy's FAQ's about spousal sponsorship in the wiki which has a section on your question - you can find it here: Spousal Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ : British Expat Wiki

There's also a really helpful thread here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...-ready-797134/

Personally, I placed separators (you could use thicker paper or card) between each section with a title in very large letters on each and also one of those sticky tabs - staggered - with the section reference on it.

Just a reminder, but do get your fiance to read the whole application from back to front to make sure nothing has been missed (it's a great way to spot things) and also, double check that you haven't left anything blank - if it doesn't apply, you must say so.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask away - we'll do our best to help!

Last edited by Siouxie; Jan 21st 2016 at 7:20 pm.
Old Jan 22nd 2016, 4:14 am
Just Joined

AnDee3238 is an unknown quantity at this point

Can i ask how you,ve included your photos, im in the same boat as you just getting it all together to send off, the guide says to leave them loose but i have so many to include for evidence, im worried if left loose they,re just going to be a "pile" once they get to the other end.

thanks
Andy
Old Jan 22nd 2016, 5:39 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AnDee3238
Can i ask how you,ve included your photos, im in the same boat as you just getting it all together to send off, the guide says to leave them loose but i have so many to include for evidence, im worried if left loose they,re just going to be a "pile" once they get to the other end.

thanks
Andy
I scanned (or where I had digital ones, uploaded to the computer) my photos and printed them off 3-4 to a page with a short description written under them - some people do them 2 to a page, but as long as you can be identified that's all that really matters. I wouldn't send any originals.

Photos required for the actual application (for the PR card etc) I believe need to be attached somehow.

Old Jan 22nd 2016, 10:25 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Also included in the FAQ, btw. Spousal Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ : British Expat Wiki