Option c wait or not?

Old Mar 26th 2015, 11:44 pm
Forum Regular

chrisbrought125 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Option c wait or not?

Hi all

Not sure if this has come up before. My wife is asking for her option c via the appropriate phone number but every day she calls they say that the new tax year versions aren't ready yet so can't send it. This is getting frustrating as I want to send off my family class spouse package asap.

So do we just ask for 2013/14 and use that one or have to wait and get the new year which will probably mean another delay (maybe send it off after separately when it is ready?) I don't want to have to be put to the bottom of the pile if they look at it and think it's too old and she may have had social assistance this year or something (which isn't true).

But... another thing is that we are using the marriage documents (one with license number and another with signatures of everyone) that the officiator gave us in March rather than the full marriage certificate (I have applied for it but may take some weeks to come still) so I don't know if it's pointless sending it off yet anyway and rushing things is the wrong way if the package could be deemed incomplete? Any advice appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by chrisbrought125; Mar 26th 2015 at 11:53 pm.
Old Mar 27th 2015, 1:55 am
A taffy in Ontario

snuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant future
Default Re: Option c wait or not?

I remember having to wait for my marriage certificates to come before i could sent me off my application... Think it was around 6 weeks

In my opinion I would wait until you get your certificates and in that time you may be able to get your wife's tax option c document so you can send it all off together.
Old Mar 27th 2015, 11:57 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Option c wait or not?

Kind of your call on this one, really.

For both the Option C and the Marriage Certificates, a lot of people decided to send the application without the updated info, and just included a letter saying the relevant docs would be forwarded once they were available.

If your marriage certificate is expected imminently, then probably worth waiting, but I'd just send last year's Option C printout with a letter saying you'll forward the new one when it's available - not sure WHEN that will be available considering taxes aren't even due yet, not sure if the updated ones are only available after your return has been processed.

So definitely don't bother waiting for the Option C, just send last year's with a letter saying you'll send the new one when it's available. Assuming your girlfriend worked, you can include pay stubs etc as proof she's not on welfare, otherwise just include in your letter.

If you've only just recently applied for the marriage certificate, then I'd say just send the app off and write a letter saying you've applied but haven't received it yet. This is pretty common, lots have done it, CIC is used to seeing it.

Hope that helps!