Wikiposts

One step closer yeah

Old Sep 4th 2007, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

thedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud of
Default One step closer yeah

Hi everybody,

Just thought I would let you all know we went for our medicals yesterday with the new DMP in Glasgow. Everything went well and now just waiting for the next step...

My husband Michael has booked flights to Nova Scotia on the 16th to do a final reccy trip to finalise where we will settle down intially. (How trusting a wife am I that lets her man make such important decisions ) No really we have narrowed it down to a few places and having done research for the best part of 3 years I think short of being there we couldn't be more informed.

Anyway if there is anyone out there in NS who will be available during the dates of the 16th to the 23rd of September and could meet up with him or could recommend someone who will be able to show him around or tell him about some little known gems then please email me.

Thanks in advance
Julie
Old Sep 4th 2007, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

MandD is just really niceMandD is just really niceMandD is just really niceMandD is just really niceMandD is just really niceMandD is just really niceMandD is just really niceMandD is just really nice
Default Re: One step closer yeah

Hi, Brilliant well done

Can I ask how long it took to get an appointment at the new DMP?
I know there is a long wait with the others in Scotland, I am heading off to the post office to post out PNP application.
Regards MandD
Old Sep 4th 2007, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

thedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud ofthedignans has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MandD
Hi, Brilliant well done

Can I ask how long it took to get an appointment at the new DMP?
I know there is a long wait with the others in Scotland, I am heading off to the post office to post out PNP application.
Regards MandD
Hi ManD

The new DMP does not seem to have a waiting list, she was able to offer us an appointment the next week.
The other DMP in Glasgow for us had a waiting list of over 2 months for a family of 4. So good news for us Scottish folk.
Julie
Old Sep 4th 2007, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

MandD is just really niceMandD is just really niceMandD is just really niceMandD is just really niceMandD is just really niceMandD is just really niceMandD is just really niceMandD is just really nice

superb
we are a family of 5, (so goodness knows how much that will cost), heyho!
What about ex-rays, do they co-ordinate all that for you?
Old Sep 4th 2007, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

lace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant futurelace has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by MandD
superb
we are a family of 5, (so goodness knows how much that will cost), heyho!
What about ex-rays, do they co-ordinate all that for you?
Hi MandD,

We had medicals with the new DMP in Glasgow a fortnight ago, she tells you to make an appointment for the Nuffield Hospital in Kelvindale for the x-rays, and they try to fit you in as near as possible to your medical date.

We also are a family of 5,

Medicals cost £100 per person regardless of age
X-rays cost £75 per person over 11 or 12 (cant remember which one).

P.s. the doctor tries to fit you in within 10 days of you phoning.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lace
Hi MandD,

We had medicals with the new DMP in Glasgow a fortnight ago, she tells you to make an appointment for the Nuffield Hospital in Kelvindale for the x-rays, and they try to fit you in as near as possible to your medical date.

We also are a family of 5,

Medicals cost £100 per person regardless of age
X-rays cost £75 per person over 11 or 12 (cant remember which one).

P.s. the doctor tries to fit you in within 10 days of you phoning.
Hi there,

That is right the new DMP charges £100 regardless of age but the other Glasgow DMP is £175 per adult but that includes your x-ray and they do reductions for children under 15 and they make your x-ray appointment for you.
We as a family of 4 were quoted £175 each for both myself and my husband, £45 for our 3yr old and £7 for our 3 month old with the orignial DMP which was a lot cheaper but the waiting list was so long we decided to pay the extra and get them done sooner.
The new DMP is lovely and she made us feel really comfortable and relaxed, so the choice really comes done to whether you want to wait and get a cheaper deal or pay the extra and get them out the way. For bigger families you have to weigh up your options but for childless couples or single adults the new DMP is a good choice.
Julie
Old Sep 4th 2007, 10:14 pm
Over here

virion has a brilliant futurevirion has a brilliant futurevirion has a brilliant futurevirion has a brilliant futurevirion has a brilliant futurevirion has a brilliant future

I can second that the new DMP in Glasgow (Dr Helen Bryden) has no waiting list, is very cheap and very friendly. Big thanks to whoever originally posted her details - just waiting on PPR now!
Old Sep 4th 2007, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by virion
I can second that the new DMP in Glasgow (Dr Helen Bryden) has no waiting list, is very cheap and very friendly. Big thanks to whoever originally posted her details - just waiting on PPR now!
Hi there,

Not wanting to be big headed but well done me. I contacted the CIC and told them of the huge waiting times for the Glasgow DMP and they replied with the details of the new DMP which I immediately posted on this forum.
After speaking to the New DMP yesterday she said she had applied to be a DMP, but the CIC like to stick to the people they know, but with my email regading waiting times she believes that helped her get on the list.
So shameless as it seems I am giving myself a big pat on the back for helping reduce the waiting times for us north of the border.

Julie
Old Sep 4th 2007, 11:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

simon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud of

Well done on getting the meds completed.

Now prepare for the worst wait of all - PPRs

Keep smiling,

Simon
Old Sep 5th 2007, 3:46 am
Over here

virion has a brilliant futurevirion has a brilliant futurevirion has a brilliant futurevirion has a brilliant futurevirion has a brilliant futurevirion has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by thedignans
Hi there,

Not wanting to be big headed but well done me. I contacted the CIC and told them of the huge waiting times for the Glasgow DMP and they replied with the details of the new DMP which I immediately posted on this forum.
After speaking to the New DMP yesterday she said she had applied to be a DMP, but the CIC like to stick to the people they know, but with my email regading waiting times she believes that helped her get on the list.
So shameless as it seems I am giving myself a big pat on the back for helping reduce the waiting times for us north of the border.

Julie
nice one Julie, thanks loads for sorting that out for all of us. Looks like I'll be out there before 2008 thanks to you.

R