Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Is it ok to be a Single - Expert Advice please

Is it ok to be a Single - Expert Advice please

Old Feb 26th 2005, 12:52 am
Banned

annai111 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is it ok to be a Single - Expert Advice please

I am in the process of preparing the documentation for my immigration application.
I am an Indian passport holder currently working in US. I have few queries regarding my application and the chances

1. Does being Single affect chances of getting the PR?

I am 33/Single/never married and have not made up my mind to get married or not. Atleast I do not have any immediate plans.

Would this have any impact on my application. Would there be any questions on why not married and r u planning to get married and all if I am called for an interview (I believe I have long way to even think about the interview, though I thought it might help to get expert opinion on the marital status and its influences on the application).

Thanks
Old Feb 26th 2005, 1:04 am
Can I go now!?

OzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really nice
Default Re: Is it ok to be a Single - Expert Advice please

Originally Posted by annai111
I am in the process of preparing the documentation for my immigration application.
I am an Indian passport holder currently working in US. I have few queries regarding my application and the chances

I am 33/Single/never married and have not made up my mind to get married or not. Atleast I do not have any immediate plans.

Would this have any impact on my application. Would there be any questions on why not married and r u planning to get married and all if I am called for an interview (I believe I have long way to even think about the interview, though I thought it might help to get expert opinion on the marital status and its influences on the application).

Thanks
I wouldn't worry about this. I would think that any country that welcomed same sex couples would have no problems with single people. BTW I am single and it has never crossed my mind that this would work against me. So the answer is: NO.
Old Feb 26th 2005, 1:47 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annai111

Only in that you dont get any extra points for your spouses adaptability. Certainly wont be prejudicial to your case if you have the points, so NO.
Old Feb 26th 2005, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

cryout is on a distinguished road

It might also be an advantage...just one applicant to process, no controversial information concerning the funds, no patners to be convinced in moving to Canada...

being single should speed up your application!

Cry
Old Feb 26th 2005, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

bhalerao is on a distinguished road

No not all.
Cheers
Old Feb 26th 2005, 4:27 pm
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bhalerao
No not all.
Cheers
apart frm the extra points u get frm marrying, there is no reason why u should marry! the assesment is made not on the basis of a person's marital status, but on skill level
cheers