Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

OFFICIAL: Total received applications from CIC post june 26

OFFICIAL: Total received applications from CIC post june 26

Old Oct 20th 2010, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of
Default OFFICIAL: Total received applications from CIC post june 26

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...plications.asp

At last, some kind of official news. Seems they only had 2200 "complete" applications which count towards the cap. I am assuming that means those passed the eligiblity review are should soon be winging their way to visa office.

The question is if they have done the eligibility reviews on over 2200 applications, where the hell are the AORS????

Wayne
Old Oct 20th 2010, 4:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OFFICIAL: Total received applications from CIC post june 26

Thanks for the update Waggle.

I checked that spreadsheet you linked to in one of your posts recently and it seems nobodies got an AOR yet as you say. PMM said there won't be AORs, just Medical Requests but I was somewhat skeptical, now it is beginning to seem like that may be the case.

Not very polite of them to not keep everyone up to date...
Old Oct 20th 2010, 4:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Deeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to all

Thanks Waggle,

Reassuring news, now we have one less thing to stress over!

I am two weeks behind your application so watching your posts with extra interest...

I know in the scheme of things we haven't been waiting long but our 1st application in 2008 failed so this is the fruition of plan B.

Good luck.
Old Oct 20th 2010, 5:55 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Also about 2 weeks behind you, but Cat 2. Based on what the representative at CIC told OH, we are expecting them to be processing our application and to see some change to our status in the next fortnight to three weeks.
Old Oct 21st 2010, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CanadaJimmy
Thanks for the update Waggle.

I checked that spreadsheet you linked to in one of your posts recently and it seems nobodies got an AOR yet as you say. PMM said there won't be AORs, just Medical Requests but I was somewhat skeptical, now it is beginning to seem like that may be the case.

Not very polite of them to not keep everyone up to date...
Hmm with respect I think they have to send at least the first AOR, otherwise people will not get a file number and will have no way to check the status of their application on ECAS. Those people who paid by banker's drafts whose bank cannot tell them when/if it was cashed won't even have any sure way of knowing their application ARRIVED until they get medical requests! People could be sitting in the dark for how long, 6 months? 1 year? more?

Given it seems they've only done 2226 eligibility reviews, it seems somehow strange that no AORs have happened yet. Perhaps they have to send AORs for May/June applicants before they can start on the new batch?

I suspect that a seperate admin team is responsible for sending out AORs and mailing back rejections, and there lies the bottleneck. Anyway I am hopeful that CIC will start issuing AORs soon for post-June-26, and also hoping they update their list every Tuesday when they update ECAS.

Wayne.
Old Oct 21st 2010, 10:44 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Waggle
Hmm with respect I think they have to send at least the first AOR, otherwise people will not get a file number and will have no way to check the status of their application on ECAS. Those people who paid by banker's drafts whose bank cannot tell them when/if it was cashed won't even have any sure way of knowing their application ARRIVED until they get medical requests! People could be sitting in the dark for how long, 6 months? 1 year? more?

Given it seems they've only done 2226 eligibility reviews, it seems somehow strange that no AORs have happened yet. Perhaps they have to send AORs for May/June applicants before they can start on the new batch?

I suspect that a seperate admin team is responsible for sending out AORs and mailing back rejections, and there lies the bottleneck. Anyway I am hopeful that CIC will start issuing AORs soon for post-June-26, and also hoping they update their list every Tuesday when they update ECAS.

Wayne.
I would assume that London (other Visa Office) would send out AORs once they receive your pack from CIO - as they assign you a new file number. These can be very hit and miss at the best of times, so don't pin your hopes on an AOR landing anytime soon!
Old Oct 21st 2010, 2:09 pm
mcm
Just Joined

mcm is a name known to allmcm is a name known to allmcm is a name known to allmcm is a name known to allmcm is a name known to allmcm is a name known to allmcm is a name known to allmcm is a name known to allmcm is a name known to allmcm is a name known to allmcm is a name known to all

Thats amazing - for the processing times I thought there would be moreby this stage of the year - seems my suspicions were true, the CIC really is just one bloke in a basement somewhere with one rubber stamp and a limited supply of ink!
Old Oct 21st 2010, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

humanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mcm
Thats amazing - for the processing times I thought there would be moreby this stage of the year - seems my suspicions were true, the CIC really is just one bloke in a basement somewhere with one rubber stamp and a limited supply of ink!
Old Oct 21st 2010, 2:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
I would assume that London (other Visa Office) would send out AORs once they receive your pack from CIO - as they assign you a new file number. These can be very hit and miss at the best of times, so don't pin your hopes on an AOR landing anytime soon!
Under the old system, as I understand it, there were 2 AORs sent out
1) Sent out by CIC once they confirmed from the forms that your application was eligible for processing, and pls send docs + app to VO with 120 days etc
2) Sent out by VO once they received your documents after 120 day letter

Now, the 2nd AOR is unnecessary because you send all your documents up front. However, the process leading up to the 1st AOR for CIC is the same, i.e.
1) Completeness check
2) Charge CC/cash draft
3) Eligibility review
4) Send AOR

The only difference is that CIC have all your supporting documents as well now so have more information on which to determine your eligibility. But I don't see the process itself being any different up until the point they would usually issue a 1st AOR?

However, I notice on the canadavisa forum that May and June applicants have experienced different delays, and applicants for London and Buffalo offices in particular were slow getting their AORs compared with other less busy offices, so perhaps you may have something there!

Wayne.
Old Oct 21st 2010, 5:08 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

We met with our Immigration Lawyer yesterday. He told us that the new system has a 3 month back log already and he see's it getting worse. There are 15 countries send their packs to Sydney, with 47 officers to administrate them.

Looks like another big hole is being dug.
Old Oct 21st 2010, 7:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Eh? 15 countries to send to CIO?

If you're applying out-land CIO has nothing to do with PR, you still send to the local visa office first. That hasn't changed. Nothing has really been changed to cause a delay like you describe.
Old Oct 21st 2010, 9:16 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CanadaJimmy
Eh? 15 countries to send to CIO?

If you're applying out-land CIO has nothing to do with PR, you still send to the local visa office first. That hasn't changed. Nothing has really been changed to cause a delay like you describe.
No, you send the whole pack to Sydney and then they send it on to the local visa office ( in our case, London) when they are finished with making their checks and are satisfied that you are eligible and suitable for processing.
Old Oct 21st 2010, 10:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Blimey I had no idea about that. So in effect there's now no longer any such thing as an application "outside" Canada? What on earth were they thinking...
Old Oct 22nd 2010, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

Waggles wife is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique
We met with our Immigration Lawyer yesterday. He told us that the new system has a 3 month back log already and he see's it getting worse. There are 15 countries send their packs to Sydney, with 47 officers to administrate them.

Looks like another big hole is being dug.
I wouldn't take everything that an immigration lawyer as gospel, we have heard conflicting stories from different consultants. Our money was taken about two - three weeks after it arrived and no-one has has an AOR yet.

All FSW application have to go to Sydney so I think it is more than 15 countries.

It is all a waiting game ... I am not very good at it
Old Oct 22nd 2010, 8:56 am

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

A little light reading....

http://www.matrixvisa.com/pages/news...30Sept2010.pdf

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.