Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

OFFICIAL PERMANENT RESIDENT Our landing experience !!!!!

Wikiposts

OFFICIAL PERMANENT RESIDENT Our landing experience !!!!!

Old Jun 2nd 2007, 11:29 am
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute
Default OFFICIAL PERMANENT RESIDENT Our landing experience !!!!!

Our landing experience was very un-eventfull,
After having to wait all these years for this big day, it was a total anti-climax.

We left early in the morning and travelled down to America. We did some shopping and had lunch and we came back across the border to officially land. Explained to the border guard that we were officially landing and he directed us to the immigration dept.

20 mins later we were all done and on our way, no marching band, no big drums, no Welcome to Canada, just a wham bam thank you mam, in and out at Sarnia port or entry!!!

I guess the guy who processed us was having a bad day, well thats the excuse I'm sticking with !!!!!

Thats us all done with the PR process, just waiting on our PR cards and we shall be done forever.

Its been a long tiresome, eventfull, stressfull, pressure filled experience but still worth it.

For all of you guys still playing the big immigration waiting game, PLEASE HANG ON IN THERE as your time will come.
I never thought our day would come but it did. I reckon I knocked off at least two years in processing times by coming here on a work permit, so YES it is worth it of you can secure a HRDC approved job offer. From arriving here and getting everthing finalised with regards PR, was a total time of 8 months.

I will not disappear forever but I pop in on the BE forum now and again.
I want to say a big thanks to all you guys who have been a constant source of advice and information

Keep up the good work on here all you regulars, you know who you are !!!!!!!

Eddie ( NOW AN OFFICIAL PERMANENT RESIDENT )

Last edited by Voyager970; Jun 2nd 2007 at 11:35 am. Reason: Added some more info !!!
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 11:36 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OFFICIAL PERMANENT RESIDENT Our landing experience !!!!!

Originally Posted by Voyager970
After having to wait all these years for this big day, it was a total anti-climax.

We left early in the morning and travelled down to America. We did some shopping and had lunch and we came back across the border to officially land. Explained to the border guard that we were officially landing and he directed us to the immigration dept.

20 mins later we were all done and on our way, no marching band, no big drums, no Welcome to Canada, just a wham bam thank you mam, in and out at Sarnia port or entry!!!

I guess the guy who processed us was having a bad day, well thats the excuse I'm sticking with !!!!!

Thats us all done with the PR process, just waiting on our PR cards and we shall be done forever.

Its been a long tiresome, eventfull, stressfull, pressure filled experience but still worth it.

For all of you guys still playing the big immigration waiting game, PLEASE HANG ON IN THERE as your time will come.
I never thought our day would come but it did. I reckon I knocked off at least two years in processing times by coming here on a work permit, so YES it is worth it of you can secure a HRDC approved job offer. From arriving here and getting everthing finalised with regards PR, was a total time of 8 months.

I want to say a big thanks to all you guys who have been a constant source of advice and information

well done mate, welcome back.
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

cancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to beholdcancov is a splendid one to behold

Well done!

We are in London as well, how are you finding it? I grew up here and not much has changed since then.
What field of employment are you in? What area of London do you live in? It is cool to see someone localon BE!

Kellie
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 12:27 pm
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cancov
Well done!

We are in London as well, how are you finding it? I grew up here and not much has changed since then.
What field of employment are you in? What area of London do you live in? It is cool to see someone localon BE!

Kellie
Kellie sent you a PM

Eddie
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 12:35 pm
Glasgow Rangers

Originally Posted by Tangram
well done mate, welcome back.
Thanks P

Hope all is well with you

Eddie
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 4:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

PaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to allPaulCall is a name known to all

all the best eddie
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 6:54 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations. But remember you're not "done forever" until you get your Canadian citizenship.
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 10:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

gibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nicegibbos1 is just really nice

Hi Eddie,
many congrates, well done and happy new life

The work permit route is the route we are thinking of going down. I have a job offer, but want to wait until we go over and have a chat to them one to one. Also have a few other companies that I have arranged to meet up for a chat. Then when we come back, we will see about sending offers off to the HRSDC.

All the best for the future,
cheers,
Carl
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 2:21 am

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Eddie ,
Glad you have landed - dont forget to keep the blue flag flying for the Gers over there in Canada!

Old Jun 3rd 2007, 3:10 am

Mrs Miggins is an unknown quantity at this point

Uneventful sounds really really good!

All the best to you and your family

Enjoy the rest of your lives

Mrs Miggins x
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 3:22 am
BE Forum Addict

mkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond reputemkmurrays has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, uneventful seems the way to go.
We landed a week ago and it was much the same.
Congrats and best wishes - hope it all goes swimmingly.

MK (now Kelowna) Murrays
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

blueRussell has a brilliant futureblueRussell has a brilliant futureblueRussell has a brilliant futureblueRussell has a brilliant futureblueRussell has a brilliant futureblueRussell has a brilliant future

Well done. I hope our landing, in Ottawa, is as uneventful as yours on 14th June. Somehow I think our two dogs & two cats will have something to say about that!

Russ...
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 9:10 am
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Eddie

Whaddayamean no pipe and drums to welcome ye back officially to Canada

drum roll pleeeez.................... Eddie and family are now official Permanent Residents of Canada .................... cheers, applause and much banner waving, followed by a beautiful rendition of Oh Canada !
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 11:16 am
Glasgow Rangers

Originally Posted by Yes-can-do
Hi Eddie

Whaddayamean no pipe and drums to welcome ye back officially to Canada

drum roll pleeeez.................... Eddie and family are now official Permanent Residents of Canada .................... cheers, applause and much banner waving, followed by a beautiful rendition of Oh Canada !

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Got my drum roll

Ta Much YCD, dont know about Oh Canada, hows about O Flower Of Scotland

O Flower of Scotland,
When will we see
Your like again,
That fought and died for,
Your wee bit Hill and Glen,
And stood against him,
Proud Edward's Army,
And sent him homeward,
Tae think again.
The Hills are bare now,
And Autumn leaves
lie thick and still,
O'er land that is lost now,
Which those so dearly held,
That stood against him,
Proud Edward's Army,
And sent him homeward,
Tae think again.

Those days are past now,
And in the past
they must remain,
But we can still rise now,
And be the nation again,
That stood against him,
Proud Edward's Army,
And sent him homeward,
Tae think again.

0 Flower of Scotland,
When will we see
your like again,
That fought and died for,
Your wee bit Hill and Glen,
And stood against him,
Proud Edward's Army,
And sent him homeward,
Tae think again.

All ra best

Eddie
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 12:40 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

That would bring a tear to a glass eye

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.