Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Which office to select to process PR application ?

Which office to select to process PR application ?

Old Feb 17th 2014, 10:33 pm
Just Joined

confusedimmigrant is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Which office to select to process PR application ?

Hi All,

Thanks in advance for helping out.

I have been nominated by PNP and I am entering canada on a work permit next week. I intend to send my paper work after i arrive in Canada so which office should I select on form 008 to process my application ?

I have read that if I select an office inside canada it takes a lot longer then the country of my citizenship. I am Australian and the PNP processing time in sydney is 12 months as compared to 17 months in canada.

Can I choose sydney ?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old Feb 18th 2014, 2:37 am
BE Enthusiast

manitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of lightmanitobain is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Which office to select to process PR application ?

yes you can and should.
Old Feb 18th 2014, 7:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manitobain
yes you can and should.
Sorry, but just to disagree with this, you can't choose Sydney, as it's not a visa office.

You can however, choose Ottawa if you have been admitted to Canada for a year or more.

HTH.
Old Feb 18th 2014, 7:52 pm
Just Joined

confusedimmigrant is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Sorry, but just to disagree with this, you can't choose Sydney, as it's not a visa office.

You can however, choose Ottawa if you have been admitted to Canada for a year or more.

HTH.
Hi There.. I am talking about the Sydney, Austraia office not the one in Nova Scotia. Is that okay or I cant select that too ?
Old Feb 18th 2014, 7:54 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by confusedimmigrant
Hi There.. I am talking about the Sydney, Austraia office not the one in Nova Scotia. Is that okay or I cant select that too ?
You have to send it to NS first (as I am sure you are aware) but yes, you can designate Sydney Australia as the processing office if you prefer to.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ons/sydney.asp

Old Feb 18th 2014, 8:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by confusedimmigrant
Ooops, sorry! I assumed it was Sydney NS. Serve me right for skim reading on an iphone.