NSPNP CIS employers help

Old Sep 24th 2013, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

confused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default NSPNP CIS employers help

I just received an email requesting more information & one of the things they say is missing is:

Please provide 3rd party proof of your contact with employers (ie. response from employers), such as e-mails and letters.

Does it mean current employers (i.e. proof I've worked) or potential employers in Canada?

If it's for potential employment I didn't know that this was supposed to be included, & haven't had any contact with employers as we were thinking we would start our own company.

What do I do? They want it by the 23rd Oct, if I start emailing people (& I have know idea where to start) will I even get a response? Are they expecting them to say 'yes we'll hire you' or do they just want to see we've attempted it even if the letters say 'no thanks'.

How should I word any email I write?

Arrgghhh HELP
Old Sep 24th 2013, 11:24 am
BE Enthusiast

AdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: NSPNP CIS employers help

Oh dear!

The whole point (or one of them) of the NS-PNP CI stream was to have potential employers assess your suitability as you established 'community ties' - this is best done face-to-face as, in essence, you are trying to establish a rapport with them and gain some sort of evidence to show that the Province will gain from having you there.

Will they respond to emails? They may...it's a tough call.

You could try and wing it by explaining that you intend to start your own business and demonstrate this by sending your business plans, SWOT analysis, cashflow projections etc. It may be worth the effort.
Old Sep 24th 2013, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

confused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond reputeconfused_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AdrianR
Oh dear!

The whole point (or one of them) of the NS-PNP CI stream was to have potential employers assess your suitability as you established 'community ties' - this is best done face-to-face as, in essence, you are trying to establish a rapport with them and gain some sort of evidence to show that the Province will gain from having you there.

Will they respond to emails? They may...it's a tough call.

You could try and wing it by explaining that you intend to start your own business and demonstrate this by sending your business plans, SWOT analysis, cashflow projections etc. It may be worth the effort.
Thanks

The problem is we have no idea what sort of business to start, we have so many ideas.

At the moment I'm a CAD technician, there's plenty of companies in the Halifax area for my kind of work but not in the Valley. If I got responses from these companies would that help or do they all need to be local?

Could I say I wanted to work as a freelance CAD technician & ask some of the realtors etc I know in the area if they would be interested in my services. Or does it have to be a company that would be willing to employ me full time?
Old Sep 24th 2013, 12:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

I feel for you... We have friends going through the same process as you.
We read, re-read and re-re-read the criteria and when they submitted their application there was no request for correspondence from employers or indeed letters of support from people they knew. So the husband submitted some of the jobs he had identified on career beacon. We arranged also for friends and ourselves to write letters anyway...

When did you apply confused? They have heard nothing since their file number at the end of July...
Old Sep 24th 2013, 12:23 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

If you tell them that you are wanting to start a business, they will want business plans, details of people you met with in NS regarding setting up your business and proof of continued contact with them.

Have you made visits to NS - do you have any contacts at all relating to employment?
Old Sep 24th 2013, 12:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DandNHill
I feel for you... We have friends going through the same process as you.
We read, re-read and re-re-read the criteria and when they submitted their application there was no request for correspondence from employers or indeed letters of support from people they knew. So the husband submitted some of the jobs he had identified on career beacon. We arranged also for friends and ourselves to write letters anyway...

When did you apply confused? They have heard nothing since their file number at the end of July...
I got my document received email on 5th June, this is the first I've heard back.
Old Sep 24th 2013, 12:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
If you tell them that you are wanting to start a business, they will want business plans, details of people you met with in NS regarding setting up your business and proof of continued contact with them.

Have you made visits to NS - do you have any contacts at all relating to employment?
Yes we have a house there so have been many times. I just haven't gone into too much research regarding work (I know, I know) as we weren't planning on applying so soon but we got the application in quick due to this route closing.

I think I'm just going to have to start emailing people & see how far I get with that
Old Sep 24th 2013, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by confused_uk
I got my document received email on 5th June, this is the first I've heard back.
Oh dear, not quite the 12 weeks they quoted!!! Oh well in our friends case they want to move over next summer so there is no particular rush other than to feel satisfied that it has been done.

Good luck with yours, does this mean you might need to come over to build up some business contacts?
Old Sep 24th 2013, 1:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oh dear, not quite the 12 weeks they quoted!!! Oh well in our friends case they want to move over next summer so there is no particular rush other than to feel satisfied that it has been done.

Good luck with yours, does this mean you might need to come over to build up some business contacts?
I'm not coming over til November & the deadline is a month away. I think I will just send as many emails as possible & hope some will respond.

So you don't know if identifying jobs on career beacon has worked yet then? I might include some as well anyway, it can't hurt.
Old Sep 24th 2013, 1:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

I'm not coming over til November & the deadline is a month away. I think I will just send as many emails as possible & hope some will respond.

So you don't know if identifying jobs on career beacon has worked yet then? I might include some as well anyway, it can't hurt.
Well the husband sent his CV to lots of companies he felt were suitable and they either didn't reply or replied saying he wasn't right for the job, despite him being very choosy and making sure his resume was a perfect fit...so it has to be down to location and status.
I'll let you know when they hear back but that might be a while yet based on your experience. So no harm for sure in sending off applications and recording any feedback and so on...
Old Sep 24th 2013, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well the husband sent his CV to lots of companies he felt were suitable and they either didn't reply or replied saying he wasn't right for the job, despite him being very choosy and making sure his resume was a perfect fit...so it has to be down to location and status.
I'll let you know when they hear back but that might be a while yet based on your experience. So no harm for sure in sending off applications and recording any feedback and so on...
Thanks. I've emailed the town hall (as I do a lot of work for councils in the UK) for any advice or information on their contractors so hopefully they'll get back to me. I'm also going to email some people I know that could possibly use my expertise, I just hope it'll we be enough. Information on the supporting documents has been very vague & confusing for this stream
Old Sep 24th 2013, 1:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks. I've emailed the town hall (as I do a lot of work for councils in the UK) for any advice or information on their contractors so hopefully they'll get back to me. I'm also going to email some people I know that could possibly use my expertise, I just hope it'll we be enough. Information on the supporting documents has been very vague & confusing for this stream
What is it you do exactly? If I have any contacts I can put you in touch with...
Old Sep 24th 2013, 1:50 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

They are massively behind at the moment - they are trying to catch up but I don't think they are making much headway. I guess they are gearing up for the changeover but this is causing them to slip behind with their workload.

The idea behind the soon to be announced new NSNP CIS route is that it will be more job driven - so they want to see those connections, that you have met with potential employees and that you are able to do the job etc - they don't want people who are looking at starting their own companies when they move over.

I don't think that just showing you have applied for jobs will cut it - they will want to see that the employers are interested in you and that there has been some communication -by e-mail or letter. You need to apply for jobs but then follow up by phone/e-mail and get responses that you can use to prove the communication.
Old Sep 24th 2013, 1:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

What is it you do exactly? If I have any contacts I can put you in touch with...
Thank you for offering, that's very kind of you. I'm CAD Technician, I do technical drawings mainly for engineering purposes but also architectural. I have about 7 years experience in this.

I also have a degree in theatre design & over 10 years experience volunteering in a theatre in my spare time. So I'm quite capable of doing anything design or production related also.
Old Sep 24th 2013, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
They are massively behind at the moment - they are trying to catch up but I don't think they are making much headway. I guess they are gearing up for the changeover but this is causing them to slip behind with their workload.

The idea behind the soon to be announced new NSNP CIS route is that it will be more job driven - so they want to see those connections, that you have met with potential employees and that you are able to do the job etc - they don't want people who are looking at starting their own companies when they move over.

I don't think that just showing you have applied for jobs will cut it - they will want to see that the employers are interested in you and that there has been some communication -by e-mail or letter. You need to apply for jobs but then follow up by phone/e-mail and get responses that you can use to prove the communication.
I wasn't planning to actually apply for jobs (I would want to be deceitful & waste anyone's time) just email companies that do my line of work & ask if I'm someone that they would consider hiring in the future. Would that be ok, or do you think most wouldn't bother responding?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.