Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

NS PNP Application/ documents/Certified ?

NS PNP Application/ documents/Certified ?

Old Jun 1st 2008, 4:57 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default NS PNP Application/ documents/Certified ?

Hi

We are in the process of completing our paperwork for NS PNP application.

After reading through the guides as far as documentation etc it seems that NS require certified copies of All supporting Documents and If application was going direct to London CHC they would not require certifying.

Anyhow, as application has to go to to NS first it looks like I will need to get everything certified, which brings me to my ?

I thought I read somewhere a list of acceptable people that can certify"tue copies". Can anybody confirm where this list maybe, or if I have completely misread and it has to be a solicitor??

Many Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

KAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really niceKAT16 is just really nice
Default Re: NS PNP Application/ documents/Certified ?

Hi Nikki

My OH applied for Alberta PNP and had to supply certified copies of his certificates. We went to a solicitor and paid £100 for about 30 certificates. The solicitor told him it would usually cost £10 per cert but he agreed the price before he took them in. I think you can only do it through a notary!

Hope this helps

Karen
Old Jun 1st 2008, 10:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute

I needed certified copies for our SW PR application. I shopped around for solicitors to do this and the first couple were asking £10 to £15 per item (I had over 30 documents to be certified).

After half an hour of the phone I found a local solicitor who had a quiet afternoon and he said if I bought them down that day he would do the lot for a tenner. I was in the car before he put the phone down.

If definitely pays to shop around.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 11:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

roxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond reputeroxye3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
Hi

We are in the process of completing our paperwork for NS PNP application.

After reading through the guides as far as documentation etc it seems that NS require certified copies of All supporting Documents and If application was going direct to London CHC they would not require certifying.

Anyhow, as application has to go to to NS first it looks like I will need to get everything certified, which brings me to my ?

I thought I read somewhere a list of acceptable people that can certify"tue copies". Can anybody confirm where this list maybe, or if I have completely misread and it has to be a solicitor??

Many Thanks in advance for any advice.
I did my NSNP 6 months ago and was accepted. I did not have to get anythign certified with them. How strange? You sure about that?
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 6:08 am

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roxye3
I did my NSNP 6 months ago and was accepted. I did not have to get anythign certified with them. How strange? You sure about that?
Hi,

Just checked the Application guide and it states twice that all supporting docs must be certified a true copies, guess you were lucky, or maybe they have recently updated their guide??, don't want to take any chances so will shop around to get a good deal!

Many Thanks for all your replies
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 5:52 pm

Just called local solicitor, they wanted £2.50 per document, this doesn't seem bad in comparison to your replies except you DNS, you got a great deal, we will have about 50 docs I think!!!!

Will try and see if someone happy to do a fixed price for the lot!?

Last edited by nikki dreaming; Jun 2nd 2008 at 5:55 pm. Reason: added
Old Jun 4th 2008, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

seanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
Hi

Hi there,

We're applying through the Manitoba PNP and I asked the same question to the immigration officer who invited us to apply. I told her my mum (who is a retired lawyer so can't do it herself) has a neighbour who is a solicitor and the immigration officer said this would be fine.

This was great news because it means it won't cost us a penny!

Maybe you should ring / email the immigration officer in Nova Scotia who will be handling your application, and ask them...? I can't imagine it's just Manitoba who allow this, so if I was told a friend who's a solicitor can do it then surely you can too? (obviously I don't know if you know any solicitors, so if you don't then it's all academic anyway!).

Hope that helps,

Anita
Old Jun 4th 2008, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by seanyg
Hi there,

We're applying through the Manitoba PNP and I asked the same question to the immigration officer who invited us to apply. I told her my mum (who is a retired lawyer so can't do it herself) has a neighbour who is a solicitor and the immigration officer said this would be fine.

This was great news because it means it won't cost us a penny!

Maybe you should ring / email the immigration officer in Nova Scotia who will be handling your application, and ask them...? I can't imagine it's just Manitoba who allow this, so if I was told a friend who's a solicitor can do it then surely you can too? (obviously I don't know if you know any solicitors, so if you don't then it's all academic anyway!).

Hope that helps,

Anita
Hi, Thanks for the info,

I was actually about to post an update on this, I called NS Immigration yesterday and they have confirmed that it does not have to be a lawyer that certifies, it could be a doctor, minister, professional of some capacity, so this has definitly saved me some ££!!

Cheers
Old Jun 4th 2008, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

lynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant futurelynpy has a brilliant future

Just wondered what the actual words are that need to be written as I'm thinking that it may be better if my French Notaire wrote them in English???

Is it something like
'I believe that this is a true copy of the original'??

Will that do?
Cheers
Lynpy
Old Jun 4th 2008, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by lynpy
Just wondered what the actual words are that need to be written as I'm thinking that it may be better if my French Notaire wrote them in English???

Is it something like
'I believe that this is a true copy of the original'??

Will that do?
Cheers
Lynpy
hi Lynpy,

I think it should read " I certify that this is a true copy of the original"

Good luck!!, hoping to get ours off to NS this weekend
Old Jul 31st 2008, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

lokpokhrel11 is an unknown quantity at this point

I got help from my college. The International student office in my college certified the copies.