And now we wait...

Old Dec 8th 2020, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

jordanleanne is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking And now we wait...

So I'm hoping for a bit of input on timelines and a checklist of 'what's next'?

Myself and my husband have submitted our EE profile, so IELTS and document conversion (WES) are complete. Our profile has us eligible for federal skilled worker- how do we qualify for any other route eg. PNPs? Also, I am aware we will need police history checks and a medical, but aren't sure when to do those.
What would we expect the wait for an ITA to be, with CRS 482?
Where and when is it best to start looking for jobs, our NOCs are 2121A and 2112A. On this, my husband will need to be 'accredited' as a chemist for his job. We are ideally aiming for PR Alberta, but are open to any option, and can move to the Rockies later if necessary. I noticed Alberta is one of the provinces needing accreditation for this career, so when do we go about this? Any other recommendations to boost employability in these NOC careers?
What comes after receiving our ITA? I'm thinking (all being well!) we put in our PR application, that then goes for approval, we're accepted, 'soft land' to activate, then sell up here and move within 12 months?

Is there anything important we are overlooking? Please bombard me with information, correct me, share links, anything you think could help! TIA
Old Dec 8th 2020, 3:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: And now we wait...

Originally Posted by jordanleanne
Myself and my husband have submitted our EE profile, so IELTS and document conversion (WES) are complete.
Congrats!

Our profile has us eligible for federal skilled worker- how do we qualify for any other route eg. PNPs?
You'd need provincial nomination to qualify for the PNP. For Alberta these are the various streams/requirements - https://www.alberta.ca/ainp.aspx But I can't see why you'd need to even look at that if you're scoring 482?

Also, I am aware we will need police history checks and a medical, but aren't sure when to do those.
When requested. You'll get a checklist of things to submit when you do get an ITA, and those will be included.

What would we expect the wait for an ITA to be, with CRS 482?
I'd expect you to get an ITA in the next draw. Last draw was on 25th November and they're done roughly every 2-3 weeks, so any day now.

Where and when is it best to start looking for jobs, our NOCs are 2121A and 2112A.
When you get to Canada. Have you read the Job Hunting section of the Wiki? That has tons of useful info in, but once you are there and work authorised, you'll hopefully be lucky.

I noticed Alberta is one of the provinces needing accreditation for this career, so when do we go about this?
I'd get that underway now. No idea how long it will take for a chemist, but with other occupations such as nurses or doctors, it can take a year or two, so definitely get that started asap!

What comes after receiving our ITA? I'm thinking (all being well!) we put in our PR application, that then goes for approval, we're accepted, 'soft land' to activate, then sell up here and move within 12 months?
Yep. Note you don't have to move within 12 months, you only have to 'land' within 12 months of your medical - the move can come later, as long as you spend at least 2 out of every 5 years in Canada after landing you'll maintain PR status.

Please bombard me with information, correct me, share links, anything you think could help! TIA
Not sure there's anything we can add that isn't already on the forum tbh. So I'd make sure you've read the Wiki, search the forums, etc, and you'll find tons of info.

HTH, best of luck.

Old Dec 9th 2020, 4:03 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Registration - Chemist..
https://open.alberta.ca/publications...ration-process > pdf opens in new tab, no download required.. https://open.alberta.ca/dataset/1afe...evsept2015.pdf
https://www.pchem.ca/

Old Dec 9th 2020, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Congrats!

You'd need provincial nomination to qualify for the PNP. For Alberta these are the various streams/requirements - https://www.alberta.ca/ainp.aspx But I can't see why you'd need to even look at that if you're scoring 482?

When requested. You'll get a checklist of things to submit when you do get an ITA, and those will be included.

I'd expect you to get an ITA in the next draw. Last draw was on 25th November and they're done roughly every 2-3 weeks, so any day now.

When you get to Canada. Have you read the Job Hunting section of the Wiki? That has tons of useful info in, but once you are there and work authorised, you'll hopefully be lucky.

I'd get that underway now. No idea how long it will take for a chemist, but with other occupations such as nurses or doctors, it can take a year or two, so definitely get that started asap!

Yep. Note you don't have to move within 12 months, you only have to 'land' within 12 months of your medical - the move can come later, as long as you spend at least 2 out of every 5 years in Canada after landing you'll maintain PR status.

Not sure there's anything we can add that isn't already on the forum tbh. So I'd make sure you've read the Wiki, search the forums, etc, and you'll find tons of info.

HTH, best of luck.
Thanks for your reply. I wasn't sure 482 was that much above the points threshold, so I'd assumed it would increase our chances to approach as many different routes as possible, but if you think that's a decent score likely to get us an ITA we'll stick to EE and only have to get one set of documents ready!
We're working through the Wiki a few articles at a time, I've looked through some of the jobs section and we are working on revamping our resumes into Canadian style. We also need to sign up to JobBank to get a taste of what is out there.
I'll get hubby started on his registration too, thank you!

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Thanks for the link, we'll make a start!
Old Dec 9th 2020, 10:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your reply. I wasn't sure 482 was that much above the points threshold, so I'd assumed it would increase our chances to approach as many different routes as possible, but if you think that's a decent score likely to get us an ITA we'll stick to EE

Have you not had an invite today? You should have done if you are definitely scoring 482, there was a draw today and score was 469 and over? https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...vitations.html
Old Dec 10th 2020, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Have you not had an invite today? You should have done if you are definitely scoring 482, there was a draw today and score was 469 and over? https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...vitations.html
Yes, we have our ITA! That'll teach me to not check my emails before sending a reply
Old Dec 10th 2020, 12:45 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Yes, we have our ITA! That'll teach me to not check my emails before sending a reply
Old Dec 10th 2020, 3:26 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats! Now you have 90 days to complete the application https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...residence.html
Old Dec 10th 2020, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

Hi guys, so I am working through the applications and in the personal information 'travel history', do I need to put in exact dates of all holidays we've taken in the last 10 years? And if so, any idea the best way of finding exact dates...? I know I went to Italy in August 2014, but knowing the actual day we landed and left is kind of clutching at straws?
Or, am I getting my wires crossed and they only need travel if we were continuously out of the country for 6 months?
Old Dec 10th 2020, 10:53 pm
Banned

Hi guys, so I am working through the applications and in the personal information 'travel history', do I need to put in exact dates of all holidays we've taken in the last 10 years? And if so, any idea the best way of finding exact dates...? I know I went to Italy in August 2014, but knowing the actual day we landed and left is kind of clutching at straws?
Or, am I getting my wires crossed and they only need travel if we were continuously out of the country for 6 months?
They want dates to the day - not just the month.. (as best as you can remember) Also ensure when you do your other history - such as employment that you don't leave any gaps at all, they must be seamless. Follow the guide to a t - what they say is required you must submit..
Check your passport for date stamps, hotels / b&b reservations, / emails from airlines / travel agents / bookngs - check social media / ask friendss / check photos for date stamps / check phone records / make a subject access requestfor border exits and entries.. https://www.gov.uk/government/public...nd-immigration
Old Dec 15th 2020, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Siouxie
They want dates to the day - not just the month.. (as best as you can remember) Also ensure when you do your other history - such as employment that you don't leave any gaps at all, they must be seamless. Follow the guide to a t - what they say is required you must submit..
Check your passport for date stamps, hotels / b&b reservations, / emails from airlines / travel agents / bookngs - check social media / ask friendss / check photos for date stamps / check phone records / make a subject access requestfor border exits and entries.. https://www.gov.uk/government/public...nd-immigration
Ah, ok, we've mostly worked through that then. Now the same for address history

I have another question if anyone can help- when it asks on the application what funds you plan to take, do they want to see that you have enough for settlement (~£10000 for two of us), or the whole amount we think we will have when we move (including equity from selling the house)? Obviously we need to show proof of funds at this stage of the application, but we don't have the full amount we should be taking until after selling the house. If we put the application in with the expected amount (~£75000), is that the amount they will want to see proof of?
Old Dec 15th 2020, 12:43 pm
Rhe
Forum Regular

Rhe has a reputation beyond reputeRhe has a reputation beyond reputeRhe has a reputation beyond reputeRhe has a reputation beyond reputeRhe has a reputation beyond reputeRhe has a reputation beyond reputeRhe has a reputation beyond reputeRhe has a reputation beyond reputeRhe has a reputation beyond reputeRhe has a reputation beyond reputeRhe has a reputation beyond repute

We got our ITA at the same time so we will be following the same path!

I'm afraid not though. It says you must have the money readily available both when you submit and when you land. The thing I'm also unsure about is that it has to be in the lead applicants name or in a joint account. My husband and I have always had separate accounts and a joint one that we transfer into purely for house stuff.... So I think he needs my money to meet the £10k... You might be in the same boat on that as well? Could you maybe take a mortgage payment holiday for a month to build up some extra money?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...oof-funds.html

This is from the official site:
Funds must be readily available to you. For example, you can't use equity on real property as proof of settlement funds.

You also can’t borrow this money from another person. You must be able to use this money to pay the costs of living for your family (even if they aren’t coming with you).

If your spouse is coming with you, you can count money you have together in a joint account. You may be able to count money in an account under their name only, but you must prove you have access to the money.

The funds must be available both when you apply and when (if) we issue you a permanent resident visa. You must prove to an immigration officer that you can legally access the money to use here when you arrive.

Last edited by Rhe; Dec 15th 2020 at 12:49 pm. Reason: Spelling mistake
Old Dec 15th 2020, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rhe
We got our ITA at the same time so we will be following the same path!

I'm afraid not though. It says you must have the money readily available both when you submit and when you land. The thing I'm also unsure about is that it has to be in the lead applicants name or in a joint account. My husband and I have always had separate accounts and a joint one that we transfer into purely for house stuff.... So I think he needs my money to meet the £10k... You might be in the same boat on that as well? Could you maybe take a mortgage payment holiday for a month to build up some extra money?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...oof-funds.html

This is from the official site:
Congratulations on also getting you ITA- where are you heading?

The bit I'm unsure about is just for the purpose of the application. We can have the settlement funds in an accessible account ready to submit the application, but we expect to put the house up for sale as soon as we are accepted for PR (I'm hoping 6-9 months after we submit), which should then give us £60-70k to also take with us. The problem is, we don't have proof for the expected equity at the moment, just proof of settlement funds, so which number do we put on the application?
Old Dec 15th 2020, 1:16 pm
Rhe
Forum Regular

Rhe has a reputation beyond reputeRhe has a reputation beyond reputeRhe has a reputation beyond reputeRhe has a reputation beyond reputeRhe has a reputation beyond reputeRhe has a reputation beyond reputeRhe has a reputation beyond reputeRhe has a reputation beyond reputeRhe has a reputation beyond reputeRhe has a reputation beyond reputeRhe has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, I see! I think it is literally just to show you meet the minimum. I think it is like the CRS score of the language tests - getting higher won't get you anything extra necessarily :-) So I would just prove you have enough for the required funds and not worry about the house equity. We're in the same position - thinking of selling the house but not quite sure yet - we might rent it out just in case (and it's in London so probably safer here than sat in our account waiting for us to build up our Canadian credit history!).

And thank you!!! We're hoping to move to Halifax / Nova Scotia. We spent a lot of time in London so have no pull to go back to a big city! Halifax seems nice - big enough that it has everything but small enough to be able to live in a nice big house just outside. We fell in love with it when we first went there and have some friends in nearby. I can't wait now!! Just nervous something will trip us up! How about you? Have you got somewhere in mind?

Old Dec 15th 2020, 1:18 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Yep, what s/he said, you need to put what you can prove (so equity in a home is no good) and as long as you have got at least the required amount, then that'll be fine.

And just a gentle reminder that we try to keep the threads in the immi section of the forum on topic, so if you want to discuss areas of Canada or your intended destinations, please do so via PM or a new thread in the main forum.

Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.