Nova Scotia PNP

Old Oct 14th 2011, 6:18 pm
Just Joined

Stew-Lisa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nova Scotia PNP

Hi all, we are applying via the Nova Scotia PNP. Just had a letter asking for 3rd party job opportunities proof, 3rd party employment history proof, 3rd party proof of funds.
Has anybody else been asked for these and what kind of proof did you supply?
Old Oct 14th 2011, 6:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nova Scotia PNP

Originally Posted by Stew-Lisa
Hi all, we are applying via the Nova Scotia PNP. Just had a letter asking for 3rd party job opportunities proof, 3rd party employment history proof, 3rd party proof of funds.
Has anybody else been asked for these and what kind of proof did you supply?
Hi, which stream are you applying under? Hopefully somebody applying under the same stream will be along to advise shortly.
Old Oct 14th 2011, 6:59 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hi, which stream are you applying under? Hopefully somebody applying under the same stream will be along to advise shortly.
Hi, thanks for posting.
The Nova Scotia Provincial Nominee Program, Community Identified Stream.
Old Oct 14th 2011, 7:00 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Also - what proof did you initially submit?
Old Oct 14th 2011, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Also - what proof did you initially submit?
Hi,
CV's, education and training certificates, house valuation, letter from Hants RDA backing us up etc.
What they asked for.
Did another trip and met more people but its a bit difficult to start nailing down jobs when its going to be another 2 years+ before we get there.
That why we are a bit stuck with the 3rd party proof theme.
Old Oct 14th 2011, 7:31 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
CV's, education and training certificates, house valuation, letter from Hants RDA backing us up etc.
What they asked for.
Did another trip and met more people but its a bit difficult to start nailing down jobs when its going to be another 2 years+ before we get there.
That why we are a bit stuck with the 3rd party proof theme.
Hmm did you send bank statements? Did you send employment references? Did you speak with any potential employers here in NS and send along proof of this?
Old Oct 14th 2011, 7:42 pm
Just Joined

Hmm did you send bank statements? Did you send employment references? Did you speak with any potential employers here in NS and send along proof of this?
We came on a fact finding trip to look at NS, met a lot of people but couldn't say they would be employers as we work in police and teaching so it would be more authorities than companies. We do have some potential contacts inline.
Bank statements no, they didn't ask for them.
Old Oct 14th 2011, 7:52 pm

We came on a fact finding trip to look at NS, met a lot of people but couldn't say they would be employers as we work in police and teaching so it would be more authorities than companies. We do have some potential contacts inline.
On your financial statement in the NSNP100 - did you list savings/bank accounts - or just your house?
Old Oct 14th 2011, 8:05 pm
Just Joined

On your financial statement in the NSNP100 - did you list savings/bank accounts - or just your house?
Yes filled out all financial info as directed by the notes and included everything, banks, pensions etc.
Old Oct 14th 2011, 8:21 pm

Yes filled out all financial info as directed by the notes and included everything, banks, pensions etc.
Then this is the financial info they are after - they want proof of these.

I would double check with them what they are actually looking for in respect of the 3rd party job opportunities and education - there may be something specific they are wanting that you have omitted from the pack.
Old Oct 14th 2011, 9:34 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

I would add that in so far as TP employment type info, you need to be able to demonstrate your employ-ability out here in some way, either through the contacts you have made and/or if there is any adjusting you would need to do for your qualifications etc, you should show that you have researched this aspect and understand what you may need to do to be licensed here etc in your line of work, how would you go about doing this, who have you contacted, what info have you obtained etc, just some thoughts following my application through this route.
Old Oct 15th 2011, 6:56 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
I would add that in so far as TP employment type info, you need to be able to demonstrate your employ-ability out here in some way, either through the contacts you have made and/or if there is any adjusting you would need to do for your qualifications etc, you should show that you have researched this aspect and understand what you may need to do to be licensed here etc in your line of work, how would you go about doing this, who have you contacted, what info have you obtained etc, just some thoughts following my application through this route.
Thanks for all the responses so far. Much appreciated.
Old Oct 15th 2011, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

AdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to behold

I'll add to what Nikki said with regard to employment - having also gone down the PNP/CI route (and just got our visas, hoorah!)

Proof, IMHO, needs to be specific - to the level of who did you speak with? In what employment sector are they? About which opportunities and how your skills would be of transfer value to the Province.

Remember, the Province wants to be convinced that you will stick around for a good long time and add something to the community - to do that, you must be able to show that you have given it some serious thought and asked questions of people who are best placed to help.
Old Oct 15th 2011, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by AdrianR
I'll add to what Nikki said with regard to employment - having also gone down the PNP/CI route (and just got our visas, hoorah!)

Proof, IMHO, needs to be specific - to the level of who did you speak with? In what employment sector are they? About which opportunities and how your skills would be of transfer value to the Province.

Remember, the Province wants to be convinced that you will stick around for a good long time and add something to the community - to do that, you must be able to show that you have given it some serious thought and asked questions of people who are best placed to help.
Congratulations and thanks for the advice
Old Oct 16th 2011, 1:08 am
Just Joined

didnotbother is a splendid one to beholddidnotbother is a splendid one to beholddidnotbother is a splendid one to beholddidnotbother is a splendid one to beholddidnotbother is a splendid one to beholddidnotbother is a splendid one to beholddidnotbother is a splendid one to beholddidnotbother is a splendid one to beholddidnotbother is a splendid one to beholddidnotbother is a splendid one to beholddidnotbother is a splendid one to behold

Just reading through this post, I'm not planning on emmigrating to Canada but I'm going to be nosey. As a matter of interest and no offence intended to you, but I didn't know that you could look for potential employment in Canada without a work permit. I lived and worked out in Canada back in the 80s and 90s on a temporary work permit, but I didn't like living there so I came back. The firm I worked at sorted out the permit for me and kept on extending it, till I was told I could apply for permanent residence which I didn't bother with.

Folk who are interested in moving out to Canada have asked me how I got out there, and I just tell them it was all laid on for me. But I did have friends come out and visit me back then, and look for work, then return home and apply for a permit. Then when the High Commission asked them how they got the job offer, they said they had looked for it whilst visiting Canada, and were informed they were commiting an immigration offence whilst looking for work and were knocked back. So have they changed the rules?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.