Nova Scotia CI Stream update

Old Jan 18th 2013, 1:35 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nova Scotia CI Stream update

I heard today that all the RDAs in Nova Scotia are closing at the end of March.
ISIS will be taking on the immigration side of things nad apparently they are looking at ending the CI Stream as there has been too much abuse (people getting their PR then disappearing off to another province).
So if you are putting the paperwork together I would suggest you do it quickly before it's too late...
Old Jan 18th 2013, 1:40 am
BE Enthusiast

AdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Nova Scotia CI Stream update

Interesting!

Are you able to say from whence this was heard?
Old Jan 18th 2013, 1:43 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AdrianR
Interesting!

Are you able to say from whence this was heard?
Not really but it was from an official source...
Old Jan 18th 2013, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

PortchesterRoyal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DandNHill
I heard today that all the RDAs in Nova Scotia are closing at the end of March.
ISIS will be taking on the immigration side of things nad apparently they are looking at ending the CI Stream as there has been too much abuse (people getting their PR then disappearing off to another province).
So if you are putting the paperwork together I would suggest you do it quickly before it's too late...
I am very glad now our paperwork is in and we are down the track! It is a shame because I have nothing but good words for Colchester RDA and especially our advisor, Margot, such a lovely and helpful lady We are going to stay in Nova Scotia, once we are there

John
Old Jan 18th 2013, 12:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

It was in the local rag South Shore Now (though only mentioned Lunenburg & Queens RDA, so I wasn't aware it was all of them).

Wouldn't surprise me if they closed the CI stream, or at least put tighter controls on it.

Thanks for the info on who is taking over. We will no doubt still be in process in March.....
Old Jan 18th 2013, 5:29 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kaye5
It was in the local rag South Shore Now (though only mentioned Lunenburg & Queens RDA, so I wasn't aware it was all of them).

Wouldn't surprise me if they closed the CI stream, or at least put tighter controls on it.

Thanks for the info on who is taking over. We will no doubt still be in process in March.....
Do you have a link to the article? Please and thank you x
Old Jan 18th 2013, 5:58 pm
Just Joined

karli is on a distinguished road

This is frightening- we just submitted out application to Lunenburg and Queens RDA two days ago for nomination. I wonder if we will still get put through. Very badly timed news as we already live here on a work permit and are currently purchasing a property! EEK.
Old Jan 18th 2013, 7:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Do you have a link to the article? Please and thank you x
There ya go. It's just a para in an article about Chester - first I heard about the RDAs going.

http://www.southshorenow.ca/archives...rateg.html.php
Old Jan 18th 2013, 7:57 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

here is another article, they started the review back last summer, re the CI stream its a shame but I am not surprised to hear that it may get pulled

http://www.trurodaily.com/News/Local...y-new-bodies/1

http://novascotia.ca/news/release/?id=20121128004
Old Jan 18th 2013, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute

wow that's a shame! I'm glad we are through the process, because I don't think we would have got in any other way. I guess they might put something else similar in place - surely NS still needs immigrants and would still look to encourage people to choose NS over other provinces... I suppose the CI stream wasn't tight enough but I'd hope they might be able to tweak it a bit and keep something similar.... A shame for the RDAs if they're no longer required, MaDonna in Kings County was just lovely.
Old Jan 18th 2013, 9:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

I agree with PortchesterRoyal, Margot is excellent. The same could be said about a lot of them.
The newcomer navigators will still have jobs but reporting to ISIS instead.

As far as the CI Stream is concerned they haven't pulled it yet, there is just talk of doing so. I'm assuming that applications in process will be ok.

Presumably there could be "human rights" issues if people are limited to one area but the genuine concern they have is that people use the CI Stream to get to Canada, live in the "less desirable" provinces long enough to get PR then disappear off to another more "affluent" province.

I think it wrong to have that intention from the start but nobody can be blamed for wanting to move on perhaps after say 5 years in the same place (wherever that may be)...
Old Jan 20th 2013, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

rockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nicerockspie is just really nice

I have had lots of contact with ISIS and have found them very very helpful perhaps more helpful than our RDA who we have never heard from or had contact with since we completed our initial cis application.
Old Jan 20th 2013, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

family_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant futurefamily_of_4 has a brilliant future

I spoke to our RDA last week and her office were given their notice on the 1st day back after xmas, so they no longer exist after 1st Feb.
Its such a shame, our RDA is absolutely lovely and i cant tell you how much she goes above and beyond her duties. However saying that i know three couples who have waited it out for a couple of years and moved/moving to Toronto, Vancouver (which was their plan all along), i expect the system has been abused by some. I do however think it is hard to say you will stay in the same county for life as you never know what lies ahead.
Old Jan 20th 2013, 3:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

AdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by DandNHill
...Presumably there could be "human rights" issues if people are limited to one area but the genuine concern they have is that people use the CI Stream to get to Canada, live in the "less desirable" provinces long enough to get PR then disappear off to another more "affluent" province.
Which is what the natives of the Maritimes are busy doing!

I think that, perhaps, the CI stream may need tighter control but when one looks at the number of immigrants entering under that programme, compared to the total, annual immigration inflow, it's a very small proportion.
Old Jan 21st 2013, 12:03 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by family_of_4
I spoke to our RDA last week and her office were given their notice on the 1st day back after xmas, so they no longer exist after 1st Feb.
Its such a shame, our RDA is absolutely lovely and i cant tell you how much she goes above and beyond her duties. However saying that i know three couples who have waited it out for a couple of years and moved/moving to Toronto, Vancouver (which was their plan all along), i expect the system has been abused by some. I do however think it is hard to say you will stay in the same county for life as you never know what lies ahead.
Which RDA did you use?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.