Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Nov 2001 applicant, still waiting - Mr. Miller/experts pls

Nov 2001 applicant, still waiting - Mr. Miller/experts pls

Old May 5th 2004, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

robi63 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nov 2001 applicant, still waiting - Mr. Miller/experts pls

Dear experts

Your opinion is appreciated

My timeline is

Applied - Nov 2001 @ buffalo (skilled worker category)
Initial assesment - Nov 2002
Added husband to file - Feb 2003 (Iranian)
Medicals, after 6 months wait - May 2003 (both of us)
March 2004 - Sent a fax to buffalo about status, reply - "We are still waiting for the results of your background checks"
Nationality - Iranian
Lived in Iran, India and US

As per your experience, could you please tell me how long more is it likely that our process will take ? Any opinions ?Its well over a year after my interview waiver decision. Our medicals have reached their expiry.

Can I leave the US for a travel? In that while if my passport request comes, can I send it to buffalo from outside US and they can send back to a US address, or do I have to be physically in the US to send the passports to the Buffalo RPC ?
Pls respond.

Any other applicants from 2001, please post your experience.

Thanks and good luck
Old May 5th 2004, 7:38 pm
mickj

Default Re: Nov 2001 applicant, still waiting - Mr. Miller/experts pls

Am sorry, but anyone sending their documents to Buffalo after reading all this, is doing so at their own risk of having to wait 3yrs or more. This is the 4th post have read about the ineptitude of Buffalo CHC, could sept 11 have some thing to do with it still, or is the Blackout?

Sorry to hear about your case, hope you hear something positive soon !

Old May 6th 2004, 1:35 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

QUOTE]Originally posted by robi63
Dear experts

My timeline is

March 2004 - Sent a fax to buffalo about status, reply - "We are still waiting for the results of your background checks"
Nationality - Iranian

As per your experience, could you please tell me how long more is it likely that our process will take ? Any opinions ?Its well over a year after my interview waiver decision. Our medicals have reached their expiry.

Can I leave the US for a travel? In that while if my passport request comes, can I send it to buffalo from outside US and they can send back to a US address, or do I have to be physically in the US to send the passports to the Buffalo RPC ?
Pls respond.

Thanks and good luck [/QUOTE]

The delay is most definately the background check for your husband, since he is an Iranian citizen and was added late in the process. You can travel out of the US, but have the passport send to a US address, you do not have to be physically present.

PMM
Old May 6th 2004, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for your replies
Can you please give a ballpark figure as to long more do you think this process of backgrnd checks might take ?

All details below -
Originally posted by PMM
Hi

QUOTE]Originally posted by robi63
Dear experts

My timeline is

Nationality - Iranian

Pls respond.

Thanks and good luck
The delay is most definately the background check for your husband, since he is an Iranian citizen and was added late in the process. You can travel out of the US, but have the passport send to a US address, you do not have to be physically present.

PMM [/QUOTE]
Old May 6th 2004, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

thanchaur is on a distinguished road

Look, I applied in the 4th of september, 2001. I am not from the Middle East nor am I a Moslem if you think Moselm from Middle East in particular are under more scrutiny. Nor do I have anything wrong in my history. Perfectly clean history. Not even a single traffic violation in life. But these Canadians are taking so long time to process my case. When I asked many many times, they said, 'background check is going on' or in their words, 'we have asked other government office(s) for background information". It is so frustrating. I am thinking of giving up really.

Last edited by thanchaur; May 6th 2004 at 5:45 pm.
Old May 6th 2004, 8:08 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Background/security check is conducted completely outside of and independently from CIC by Canadian security and intelligence agencies, with and/or without cooperation of proper authorities in countries were it is being done. Due to 9/11 security checks in some parts of the world became more difficult to conduct, especially when governments of those countries refuse to respond in timely manner to requests from Canadian government. In the past the "leader" in delayed replies or lack of was China - now add to it many Middle East counrties (including Iran).

And security check has nothing to do with criminal record - it checks if applicant is or ever was involved in or associated in any way with anyone who is/was involved in espionage, terrorism, organized crime, was working for the government abusing human rights, took part in crimes against humanity (like ethinic cleansing for example), is or was member of radical groups, etc.

It doesn't take genius to see that it takes long time to check all of the above in certain countries.

Originally posted by thanchaur
Look, I applied in the 4th of september, 2001. I am not from the Middle East nor am I a Moslem if you think Moselm from Middle East in particular are under more scrutiny. Nor do I have anything wrong in my history. Perfectly clean history. Not even a single traffic violation in life. But these Canadians are taking so long time to process my case. When I asked many many times, they said, 'background check is going on' or in their words, 'we have asked other government office(s) for background information". It is so frustrating. I am thinking of giving up really.
Old May 10th 2004, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by robi63
Thanks for your replies
Can you please give a ballpark figure as to long more do you think this process of backgrnd checks might take ?

All details below -

PMM
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your replies PPM and Mr. Miller

Can you please give a ballpark figure as to long more do you think this process of backgrnd checks for my case might take ?
Its a year and half from assessment and a year sicne medicals.
case details described above :

Thanks
Old May 10th 2004, 7:06 pm

For Iranians it may take well over 15 months...

Can you please give a ballpark figure as to long more do you think this process of backgrnd checks for my case might take ?

Thanks [/QUOTE]
Old May 11th 2004, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Andrew Miller
For Iranians it may take well over 15 months...

Thanks
[/QUOTE]

Thanks Mr Miller for your reply.

However both of us, my spouse and I, left Iran before we were 18 yrs of age, infact my spouse was not even 16. Will background/ security checks from Iran be still done on us ?
and do U really think the bottelneck lies there or could it be due to some other reasons ?
Would appreciate your comments

Thanks
Old May 11th 2004, 3:23 pm

I have no idea about background of any of you, thus can't even guess what in your background may be causing delays in security check.

The only sure thing is that as per CSIS own report for 2002 (I haven't seen yet 2003 report) the average time for security check not requiring full report was under 3 months and for check requiring full report was 14 months. It is probably safe to assume that difference in processing time between simple and more complex security checks still remains rather substantial.

Visa post must wait for security decision made by agencies other than CIC (Citizenship and Immigration Canada).

However both of us, my spouse and I, left Iran before we were 18 yrs of age, infact my spouse was not even 16. Will background/ security checks from Iran be still done on us ?
and do U really think the bottelneck lies there or could it be due to some other reasons ?

Thanks [/QUOTE]
Old May 11th 2004, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

vajra is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you guys send your PCC from Iran as well? Not having sent this, may cause delay.

Thanks [/QUOTE]
Old May 11th 2004, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

PCC from Iran

No we did not send this, coz we had not lived in Iran after 16 yrs of age and also Iran was one of the countries for which CIC would obtain PCC directly and applicant didn't need to submit it. So was the case for the Indian PCC. The apllication kit clearly mentioned not to submit PCC from these countries.

Any other Iranians or 2001 applicants on the forum - I would appreciate if you can share your timelines and experiences.

Originally posted by vajra
Did you guys send your PCC from Iran as well? Not having sent this, may cause delay.

Thanks
[/QUOTE]
Old May 11th 2004, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

vajra is an unknown quantity at this point

When you applied, the instructions were different, if you check the CIC website, the new buffalo specific instructions(application kit) are modified. The countries not requiring PCC at the time of application are only U.S and Canada, which you need to send later after they ask for it.

So if you can get the PCC from Iran and India then chances are that you will speed up the process. It won't hurt to send additional documents.

PCC from Iran

No we did not send this, coz we had not lived in Iran after 16 yrs of age and also Iran was one of the countries for which CIC would obtain PCC directly and applicant didn't need to submit it. So was the case for the Indian PCC. The apllication kit clearly mentioned not to submit PCC from these countries.

Any other Iranians or 2001 applicants on the forum - I would appreciate if you can share your timelines and experiences.
[/QUOTE]
Old May 11th 2004, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

Ashok is an unknown quantity at this point

robi63
It is difficult to predict when someone will get a call for Passport.

I noticed a case in Pakistan , when applicant got a call for passport after 3rd medical was just going to expire. Problem ??>> background check

Just today I noticed Sept. 1999 applicants , now getting Interview call in India. Reason for such a long delay unknown.

Jan. 2002 applicants in India , have nothing more than AOR.

I think no one has definite answers,it is a big mess, keep waiting. Do not put your plans on the hold.

Dear experts

My timeline is

Nationality - Iranian

Pls respond.

Thanks and good luck
Old May 13th 2004, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

IWAC is an unknown quantity at this point

I am very frustatate with canadian systems.

I applied 2000 october (BUFFALO,NY)
got my AOR-- 2002 JAN
AFTER one year later I got letter saying "I need to attend interveiw so wait till 8 months get date for interview"
I waited but nothing happen

then 2003 march I got letter saying I need to send info about my current status from 2002 jan till that date....
nothing happen

again I send letter about inquire my status.. I got replied from them last week saying they having my backgrounds checks....so I am hoping 1 more year that plus interview then passport, medical etc add 2 more years..
more than four years ... my case was straightforward I have usa degree and working IT in Usa and I have relative in canada too..
I know lots of friends even they applied after me already got PR also from backhome..
people gossping I got rejected ..which is not true..right I am just paying money for college just maintain my status.. what you guys think how long?? I am from southeast asia( india,nepal).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.