notorized copy??

Old Mar 14th 2009, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

goodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant future
Default notorized copy??

hi folks i see that some of the update documents need to ba notorized copy?
i have no idea what this means....can someone explain?

sorry for my ignorance.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

MarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to all
Default Re: notorized copy??

Originally Posted by goodpikey
hi folks i see that some of the update documents need to ba notorized copy?
i have no idea what this means....can someone explain?

sorry for my ignorance.
This means that you have to take the original document and a photocopy of it to a public notary, and he or she will stamp the photocopy and sign it to confirm that it's a true copy of the original. It's basically a way of allowing you to send a photocopy rather than the original, but the recipient knows it is a copy of a genuine document.

If you go to http://www.thenotariessociety.org.uk/ you can search for a notary in your area. Most of them are trained lawyers as well.

There is a lot of debate on whether or not certain documents need to be notarised, and if you look around on here you will see different opinions. If you want to be careful, get notarised copies of everything the instructions ask for, but if it doesn't ask for it then don't bother as getting documents notarised can be expensive.

Oh, and on cost, ring around a few different notaries and solicitors and see what they charge. There is a wide range from virtually no charge to hundreds of pounds if you need a lot done.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

goodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant futuregoodpikey has a brilliant future
Default Re: notorized copy??

many thanks for this.