Wikiposts

Notary in London, UK

Old May 11th 2005, 9:37 pm
Just Joined

sizzler is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Notary in London, UK

Hi

Sorry if this has been asked before but I can't seem to find a thread with the relevant info. We've literally got everything we need after about a year of collating all the documents from various agencies and companies around the World.

My question is :do we really need to get everything notarised by a registered notary or as I have "heard" , can a person of good standing do it? e.g. a company director, bank manager, teacher?

If anyone can help on this I would really appreciate it before I commit to spending a fortune on notary fees.

Many thanks
Old May 11th 2005, 10:36 pm
Here and happy at last

gooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant futuregooding has a brilliant future
Default Re: Notary in London, UK

Are you British and applying through London. If so you no longer have to have items notorised. Except certain documents.

recently this was confirmed by a poster who had a letter through from Immigration stipulating this on bottom of official letter. Also told to people at immigration fair by CHC London officials themselves. Documents that have to be translated in to English need to be done.

Originally Posted by sizzler
Hi

Sorry if this has been asked before but I can't seem to find a thread with the relevant info. We've literally got everything we need after about a year of collating all the documents from various agencies and companies around the World.

My question is :do we really need to get everything notarised by a registered notary or as I have "heard" , can a person of good standing do it? e.g. a company director, bank manager, teacher?

If anyone can help on this I would really appreciate it before I commit to spending a fortune on notary fees.

Many thanks
Old May 12th 2005, 2:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Majj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really nice

Yes, apart from police certificates which have to be originals.

I used a company in Central London after phoning around a bit. It think they were called De Pinna something. They are in the yellow pages online www.yell.com Basically they charged a flat fee as they are familiar with the requirements. I think it was around a 117.50 quid. That was for the lot. But they did split up the documents into sections.

Hi

Many thanks
Old May 12th 2005, 12:48 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Many thanks
For many purposes in the UK it's usually acceptable to have documents certified as true copies by a solicitor or JP. This is much easier/cheaper than using a notary.

Check whether CIC London really mean you should go to a *notary* - they may be using the word 'notarise' in a generic sense.

Jeremy
Old May 12th 2005, 9:25 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JAJ
For many purposes in the UK it's usually acceptable to have documents certified as true copies by a solicitor or JP. This is much easier/cheaper than using a notary.

Check whether CIC London really mean you should go to a *notary* - they may be using the word 'notarise' in a generic sense.

Jeremy

Thanks very much everyone, you've all been extremely helpful.
Old Jul 11th 2005, 8:47 pm
Just Joined

Just a footnote: I contacted CHC londonfrom their UK website and made the following inquiry:

ENQUIRY: Notarised Documents: Please could you confirm
that only employment contracts and any translated documents need to be
notarised.

I got a response a couple of days later:

Thank you for your query, you can send only photocopies of your
documents.
Many thanks

I'm going to take this as that I don't have to notarise anything at all. Any thoughts on it? It's a little vague and maybe I'm reading only what I want to believe but it seems to me that only photocopies are needed.

cheers
Old Jul 11th 2005, 10:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to take this as that I don't have to notarise anything at all. Any thoughts on it?
I didn't get anything notarised (though the university did stamp and sign the photocopy of my diploma they sent me), and that at least got past the AoR stage... still have a few months to go before they actually process the application.

Others have said that they didn't notarise anything and had no problems: obviously if you've lived abroad you should probably get any documentation from there notarised, since they can't check it as easily as UK documents. But if you've spent all your life in the UK, it seems that you should be fine.
Old Jul 12th 2005, 12:22 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Just a footnote: I contacted CHC londonfrom their UK website and made the following inquiry:

ENQUIRY: Notarised Documents: Please could you confirm
that only employment contracts and any translated documents need to be
notarised.

I got a response a couple of days later:

Thank you for your query, you can send only photocopies of your
documents.
Many thanks

I'm going to take this as that I don't have to notarise anything at all. Any thoughts on it? It's a little vague and maybe I'm reading only what I want to believe but it seems to me that only photocopies are needed.

cheers
Well done for getting that confirmed AGAIN!

Cloth-ears please note: DOCUMENTS IN ENGLISH TO LONDON CHC FROM A UK APPLICANT DO NOT NEED NOTARISING, PLAIN PHOTOCOPIES WILL DO!!!

Sorry, I'll get off my soap box now

Morw
Old Jul 12th 2005, 12:52 am
BE Enthusiast

smitp11 will become famous soon enoughsmitp11 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Morwenna
Well done for getting that confirmed AGAIN!

Cloth-ears please note: DOCUMENTS IN ENGLISH TO LONDON CHC FROM A UK APPLICANT DO NOT NEED NOTARISING, PLAIN PHOTOCOPIES WILL DO!!!

Sorry, I'll get off my soap box now

Morw

OK, I undertand that having your documents notarised is not necessary for CHC London, but, do you think it helps if you do have them done. It proves that all documentation is a copy of an original (and hopefully the original is genuine), do you think it speeds the process up at the background check stage ?

Comments anyone ?
Old Jul 12th 2005, 1:19 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smitp11
OK, I undertand that having your documents notarised is not necessary for CHC London, but, do you think it helps if you do have them done. It proves that all documentation is a copy of an original (and hopefully the original is genuine), do you think it speeds the process up at the background check stage ?

Comments anyone ?
In a word .... no
Old Jul 12th 2005, 1:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tangram
In a word .... no
Tangram,

How do you know this ? Can you elaborate a bit....
Old Jul 12th 2005, 11:36 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smitp11
Tangram,

How do you know this ? Can you elaborate a bit....
Well put it another way......why would it? And as you so rightly point out...there is no guarantee that the "original" is authentic anyways!
Old Jul 13th 2005, 2:19 am
Enjoying being in Canada!

ExBritExAfrican is an unknown quantity at this point

The only thing I notarised was my identity page of my passport which cost me 20 quid. The rest, I sent photocopies except IELTS results and Police check. As my timeline indicates, it has not caused any delays so far. I will keep my fingers crossed that I will get passport request soon (might have already got it as I left canada a week after I took medicals and going back next week! - I am a nervous wreck right now praying that I passed the medicals).
Old Jul 13th 2005, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

Kazphillips will become famous soon enoughKazphillips will become famous soon enough

Hi

I just wanted to confirm what sizzler said. I also contact London as I wanted to confirm whether docs had to be notorised by a Notary Public or whether being certified as true copies by my lawyer would be enough. This was the reply:

"Thank you for your query. Please send neat photocopies of your
documents. If the immigration officer wishes to see any original
documents he or she will contact you in due time."

It put my mind at ease somewhat!
Old Jul 13th 2005, 7:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kazphillips
Hi

I just wanted to confirm what sizzler said. I also contact London as I wanted to confirm whether docs had to be notorised by a Notary Public or whether being certified as true copies by my lawyer would be enough. This was the reply:

"Thank you for your query. Please send neat photocopies of your
documents. If the immigration officer wishes to see any original
documents he or she will contact you in due time."

It put my mind at ease somewhat!
So there is potential for application delay if non-notarized documents are sent and the IO is unsure of authenticity.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.