notarized documentation

Old Apr 14th 2010, 8:18 am
Just Joined

johnnyk.kennedy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default notarized documentation

can an irish police officer certify my documents? and this will be regarded as notarized? obviously he/she will stamp the photocopy and confirm the document as a certified copy.

if not can i use the same solicitor .... any kind of solicitor to do the same thing?

most people in ireland have not even heard of the word notarized!

thanks,
johnny
Old Apr 14th 2010, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: notarized documentation

Originally Posted by johnnyk.kennedy
can an irish police officer certify my documents? and this will be regarded as notarized? obviously he/she will stamp the photocopy and confirm the document as a certified copy.

if not can i use the same solicitor .... any kind of solicitor to do the same thing?

most people in ireland have not even heard of the word notarized!

thanks,
johnny
Only a public notary can notarize documents. A solicitor can certify as a true copy. No idea about police. Our notary did background checks to verify the qualifications (contacted unis etc) and such. Loads and loads of threds about notarizing/certifying, who can and who can't, on here, try a search and you should find helpful info.

Last edited by singingringingtree; Apr 14th 2010 at 8:57 am.