Notarisation

Old Nov 24th 2004, 11:41 am
Banned

Gideon is a name known to allGideon is a name known to allGideon is a name known to allGideon is a name known to allGideon is a name known to allGideon is a name known to allGideon is a name known to allGideon is a name known to allGideon is a name known to allGideon is a name known to allGideon is a name known to all
Default Notarisation

Ok, ready to send my documents, but can any of you gentlemen and ladies help me with the following.

Educational Qualification Certificates and diplomas. I understand that the originals need notarizing. Do I need to get my Degree ceritificates transcribed?

Employment References. I have got the references but some employers have not given their business cards, additionally, none of the documents have the company official seal. Can i get the originals notarized and submitted on that basis?

Marriage and birth certificates, and passports, Do I send originals, or do I send notarized copies.

Proof of relationship. My cousin has provided copis of Birth Certificates and Canadian passports in colour. Do these need notarizing, and do i need to provide some kind of documentary proof of the relationship other then this?

My apologies for my ignorance but I have difficulty in understanding the exact format for submission of the documents.

Many thanks in advance for your help and advice.
Old Nov 24th 2004, 6:11 pm
Banned

Gideon is a name known to allGideon is a name known to allGideon is a name known to allGideon is a name known to allGideon is a name known to allGideon is a name known to allGideon is a name known to allGideon is a name known to allGideon is a name known to allGideon is a name known to allGideon is a name known to all
Default Re: Notarisation

Bump

Advice please , anyone?
Old Nov 24th 2004, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

jpaul is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Gideon
Bump

Advice please , anyone?
Hi Gideon,
I know that each visa post is diffrent. By from my experience, I had notarized ONLY photo copies of my Degree's and diplomas, u are not notarizing the original.

Hope this help a bit.

jpaul
Old Nov 24th 2004, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

ABL25 will become famous soon enoughABL25 will become famous soon enough

Hi Gideon,
jpaul is right, you need to photocopy the originals, then get the photocopies notarised as a true copy of the original, and send the copies.

The best way to answer your question is to say that :-
you are trying to prove (beyond any doubt) to the Canadian High Commission that everything you have written on your application forms is correct, have provided the evidence to back it up. Degree certificates need the transcript so they can see exactly what your degree covered. If you don't provide a transcript, they may write to your university to get it - which will delay your application.

Employment references: - try to provide as much information as humanly possible to prove that you were actually employed in the position that you say you are. Letters from ex bosses, payslips, job offers, bank statements. If the letters of reference don't have a seal, don't worry about it but explain in a covering letter why. Similarly for missing business cards.

Don't send any originals UNLESS YOU DON'T want them back. I have heard that sometimes originals are returned ........... but don't count on it!!. Send a notarised copy.

We have only recently put our application in, but assumed that the more notarised documentation that we could send with the original application, the less need there would be for CHC to ask for more information (and hence delay the application!).

If there are any annomolies in your application, put it down in your covering letter and don't try to hide anything.

Hope this helps
Alex

Originally Posted by Gideon
Ok, ready to send my documents, but can any of you gentlemen and ladies help me with the following.

Educational Qualification Certificates and diplomas. I understand that the originals need notarizing. Do I need to get my Degree ceritificates transcribed?

Employment References. I have got the references but some employers have not given their business cards, additionally, none of the documents have the company official seal. Can i get the originals notarized and submitted on that basis?

Marriage and birth certificates, and passports, Do I send originals, or do I send notarized copies.

Proof of relationship. My cousin has provided copis of Birth Certificates and Canadian passports in colour. Do these need notarizing, and do i need to provide some kind of documentary proof of the relationship other then this?

My apologies for my ignorance but I have difficulty in understanding the exact format for submission of the documents.

Many thanks in advance for your help and advice.
Old Nov 25th 2004, 12:54 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by ABL25
Hi Gideon,
jpaul is right, you need to photocopy the originals, then get the photocopies notarised as a true copy of the original, and send the copies.

The best way to answer your question is to say that :-
you are trying to prove (beyond any doubt) to the Canadian High Commission that everything you have written on your application forms is correct, have provided the evidence to back it up. Degree certificates need the transcript so they can see exactly what your degree covered. If you don't provide a transcript, they may write to your university to get it - which will delay your application.

Employment references: - try to provide as much information as humanly possible to prove that you were actually employed in the position that you say you are. Letters from ex bosses, payslips, job offers, bank statements. If the letters of reference don't have a seal, don't worry about it but explain in a covering letter why. Similarly for missing business cards.

Don't send any originals UNLESS YOU DON'T want them back. I have heard that sometimes originals are returned ........... but don't count on it!!. Send a notarised copy.

We have only recently put our application in, but assumed that the more notarised documentation that we could send with the original application, the less need there would be for CHC to ask for more information (and hence delay the application!).

If there are any annomolies in your application, put it down in your covering letter and don't try to hide anything.

Hope this helps
Alex
Many, Many thanks to you both, Alex, and JP. Deeply appreciated.
Old Nov 25th 2004, 1:49 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABL25
Hi Gideon,
If in the UK, you need to check *exactly* what's meant by 'notarisation' in terms of what CIC London require.

Find out if it's acceptable to have copies certified by a solicitor or JP. That's usually a lot easier than visiting a notary public.

Jeremy
Old Nov 25th 2004, 4:34 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by JAJ
If in the UK, you need to check *exactly* what's meant by 'notarisation' in terms of what CIC London require.

Find out if it's acceptable to have copies certified by a solicitor or JP. That's usually a lot easier than visiting a notary public.

Jeremy
I didn't realise that there was a difference. Thank you, I will check.
Old Nov 25th 2004, 11:49 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Gideon,

If you are a UK national and all your documents are in english, all you have to get notarised according to the CHC London, are copies of "present and past employment contracts" and "professional qualification certificates".

http://www.canada.org.uk/visa-info/f...d/e_swchck.pdf

All other documents you just send photocopies, except Police certificates (and proof of language test certificates, if applicable), where you must send the originals.

Morw
Old Dec 8th 2004, 8:55 am
Banned

From The UK Check List Appendix A, (IMM 7023 E)

Gather documents as listed. Check each item on the checklist and attach it to your documents (a paper clip will do). Place all documents in a sealed envelope. Do not send originals. Send notarized photocopies of all documents except the the police certificates, which must be originals. If your documents are not in English or French, send a notarized (certified) translation with a photocopy of the originals.

EDUCATION/TRAINING/QUALIFICATIONS
• Transcripts: original transcripts of all degrees must be submitted in university sealed envelopes.
• Professional qualifications certificates: notarized professional qualification certificates should be submitted if available. (e.g.. Engineer, Computer Programmer, Accountant, Economist, Translator/Interpreter, Architect etc.)

WORK EXPERIENCE
For you and your spouse or common-law partner:
• notarized employment contracts from your present and past employers, accompanied by an English or French translation•

Original and up-to-date letters of reference from your past and current employers.
Letters must be written on company letterhead and show the company’s full
address, telephone and fax numbers, and be stamped with the company’s official seal.

PROOF OF LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
• Test results from an approved language-testing organization: We strongly
recommend that you submit test results if you are claiming proficiency in a
language that is not your native language. If you choose to send the reports to usdirectly, you must provide the original. Photocopies are unacceptable. Language test results must not be older than one year upon submission.

Last edited by Gideon; Dec 8th 2004 at 9:26 am.