Not easy!!

Old Aug 16th 2017, 2:29 pm
Just Joined

Tony246 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Not easy!!

Hi all

Now, I didn't think it would be easy to apply for immigration to Canada. I didn't realise it would be impossible for me! Let me explain, my wife and daughter and I wish to move to Calgary in Canada (2020) to be with my aunt, uncle and two cousins. I have spent the past 3 weeks looking at various routes and options, however there always seems to be one requirement I fall down on.. I am planning and executing our plan to boost my points and according to the CIC points calculator I will have 431 points, that's only with a certified job offer!. And the Alberta government has just emailed me to say they are not taking any nominations... I am stuck, how in the hell am I going to make up a minimum of 9 points to even qualify. Yes, the points may lower in 3 years. But according to the CIC site the lowest it has ever been is 440. I'm starting to think all my experience and qualifications count for nothing.. Any advice would be appreciated, im even thinking of hiring an immigration lawyer to point me towards the best possible route for us, what's your thoughts on an immigration lawyer?

Sorry for the partial rant, its just frustrating to think you would be an ideal candidate and then realising your not what Canada is looking for.

25 years experience as a chef/chef manager within the Royal Air Force and a masters degree in strategic management.
Old Aug 16th 2017, 2:43 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not easy!!

Get a job in hotel restaurant management in the UK with a big US based chain and then apply for a transfer to one of their properties in AB?
Old Aug 16th 2017, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

Good idea!! something to think about.. thanks
Old Aug 16th 2017, 3:08 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

Are any other provinces a good option for you? If they have nominations open maybe you can move there, you will be closer and at least in the right country.
Old Aug 16th 2017, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

Thought about that Howefamily and its something we are looking into. What I need to find out is, after a year can I move to another province or will I need to stay put. Its not something I have seen an answer for though.. still looking. This is where I thought an immigration lawyer would come in handy.
Old Aug 16th 2017, 3:38 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tony246
Thought about that Howefamily and its something we are looking into. What I need to find out is, after a year can I move to another province or will I need to stay put. Its not something I have seen an answer for though.. still looking. This is where I thought an immigration lawyer would come in handy.
As a general point, there's nothing that an immigration lawyer could tell you that you can't find out about on this forum.

To the specific question, yes, you could move to AB after a year in another sponsoring province. Once you have PR you can live anywhere in the country.
Old Aug 16th 2017, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

willmissthebeeronly is an unknown quantity at this point

415 was the lowest crs has dropped too, it went back up after a month of no draws and has started to fall back down.

Your score, granted with job offer, could get you an ita sooner than you think

Last edited by willmissthebeeronly; Aug 16th 2017 at 5:04 pm.
Old Aug 16th 2017, 9:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

Sorry for the partial rant, its just frustrating to think you would be an ideal candidate and then realising your not what Canada is looking for.

25 years experience as a chef/chef manager within the Royal Air Force and a masters degree in strategic management.
Ya think Canada is bad then try looking at moving to the USA.
Old Aug 16th 2017, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

Collie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond reputeCollie has a reputation beyond repute

I went to evening classes and improved my French (unused since an O-level in 1970!) which got me the few extra points which we needed...
Old Aug 16th 2017, 10:06 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum and I hope you find something.
Old Aug 17th 2017, 4:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Vulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond reputeVulcanoid has a reputation beyond repute

What I need to find out is, after a year can I move to another province or will I need to stay put. Its not something I have seen an answer for though..
If a province nominates you for PR, and it goes through, then you become a Permanent Resident of Canada,ans can live anywhere in the country.

If you take advantage of a PNP programme to become a PR whilst not intending to live in the province that nominates you, that could be considered misrepresentation, which would be grounds for your Residency, and potentially later citizenship to be revoked.

So, for example, if you want to move to Newfoundland, research it, plan it, get nominated, move there, try to work, fail, and find after several years that you can only get work in Alberta, so you move there - that is very different to planning to move to Alberta, discovering only NL might nominate you, going through their process, then moving to AB. In one, a person had genuine intentions to make a life in the nominating province, discovered it didn't work, and took advantage of their right to make a life elsewhere. In another, they abused a process to their own advantage. So you need to be clear what question you're asking.
Old Aug 18th 2017, 8:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by willmissthebeeronly
415 was the lowest crs has dropped too, it went back up after a month of no draws and has started to fall back down.

Your score, granted with job offer, could get you an ita sooner than you think
lowest was 413 on 31-May-17

Express Entry results: Previous rounds of invitations

You sound like you would have enough points. Where are you falling down?
Old Sep 17th 2017, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

Sam1970 is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you had your qualifications assessed? there may be points there, also the IELTS. it is needed but the higher the score the more points gained( you may have to sit it a few times )..both you and your partner should do the IELTS...it helped us gain a few extra points. Neither of us had certified job offers we did have Canadian experience though. Part of the application asks you to join the job bank if you don't have a job offer again for some reason this seemed to help us with our ITA
Old Sep 17th 2017, 4:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam1970
Have you had your qualifications assessed? there may be points there, also the IELTS. it is needed but the higher the score the more points gained( you may have to sit it a few times )..both you and your partner should do the IELTS...it helped us gain a few extra points. Neither of us had certified job offers we did have Canadian experience though. Part of the application asks you to join the job bank if you don't have a job offer again for some reason this seemed to help us with our ITA
Just to clarify for the OP - the EC and IELTS are mandatory for FSW applications, so they're not only useful for extra points, they're also essential just to be eligible!
Old Sep 17th 2017, 4:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Engineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond reputeEngineer_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Just to clarify for the OP - the EC and IELTS are mandatory for FSW applications, so they're not only useful for extra points, they're also essential just to be eligible!
Also the job bank requirement has been removed and does not add any points anyway

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.