non Canadian and kids over 18?

Old Jun 29th 2008, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

skyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really nice
Default non Canadian and kids over 18?

my Fiance is Canadian and we intend to relocate back to BC from the UK in 2012 with our son (we will be married before then). I am a brit and have two daughters from a previous marriage, they will be 25 and 21 when we go.
Do we need to declare them on any paperwork? Will they at some stage be entitled to become residents? which route would they need to take? Thanks in anticipation
Old Jun 29th 2008, 11:33 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: non Canadian and kids over 18?

THe two children will need to go on your "schedule 1" form but canno be included in your applicationo as accompanying you due to their age. If they wish to come to Canada later it would have to be as independent skilled worker applicants. They would get a 5 point bonus on the selection system if you were in Canada as a PR at the time of their applications.
Old Jun 30th 2008, 2:36 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
THe two children will need to go on your "schedule 1" form but canno be included in your applicationo as accompanying you due to their age. If they wish to come to Canada later it would have to be as independent skilled worker applicants. They would get a 5 point bonus on the selection system if you were in Canada as a PR at the time of their applications.
Actually if the time of the application the 21 year old is still single and dependent she could be included in the application..
Old Jun 30th 2008, 2:47 am

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

Age is locked in at the time of application, but not the dependency requirements. Thus she will have to remain dependent beyond age 22 until visas are issued. It means being a full time student since before turning 22, remaining single and financially dependent from parents.
Old Jun 30th 2008, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

skyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really nice

Interesting replies, thanks ppl. An after thought......what if I was to make my application now or before both my girls were 22 would I be able to include them on my application even if they never actually moved to Canada? (am I just complicating things now?)........just looking for the best option to secure my girls coming to live with me in the future if they decide to.
Old Jun 30th 2008, 12:34 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point

As I already stated - age won't be a problem as long as dependency criteria are met until visas are issued.

If they will continue being full time students since before turning 22 and until visas are issued, be single and financially dependent from you then, providing nobody is found inadmissible they will get their PR visas valid for up to 12 months from medicals. If they won't land in Canada before PR visas expire then those visas will be gone.