NOC Job Descriptions?

Old Oct 29th 2006, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

akitared is on a distinguished road
Question NOC Job Descriptions?

Hi

I have been looking at the NOC matrix and the HRDC sites to try and understand how closely my employment matches up to Canadian descriptions. I believe that some of my roles certainly fall into Skill Level B. However, some of my more recent roles encompass a wide range of duties & responsibilities, these fall into both Skill level A & Skill level B.

Which skill level should I base my skilled worker application on? Some of my Job Titles don't appear on the HDRSC site, but the duties do?

Please help,

Old Oct 29th 2006, 5:42 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NOC Job Descriptions?

PR visa selection criteria in Skilled Workers class are not occupation based, thus one simply cannot "base skilled workers application on" any occupation.

But there are 2 important factors that are occupation and experience related -

1. Definition of skilled worker - to apply as skilled worker applicant must have at least 12 months of full time (or full time equivalent), paid and continuous work experience in one or more skilled occupations as listed in NOC matrix under Skills Level 0, A or B.

2. Work Experience factor - only work experience in skilled occupations (NOC Skills Level 0, A and B) in past 10 years counts towards points in this factor.

So, it is irrelevant what and how many occupations you claim, as long as you meet (1) and (2) above.

Job tiltles or positions you held are also irrelevant. What counts are duties you performed. In order to claim experience in any particular occupation you must have performed substantial number of main duties and all essential duties as listed in such occupation's NOC description. Thus for example, having same position and job title with same employer for x number of years may result in claimed experience in more than one occupation.

You should list experience in all occupations you can conclusively document, even if some are within the same job.

Originally Posted by akitared
Hi

I have been looking at the NOC matrix and the HRDC sites to try and understand how closely my employment matches up to Canadian descriptions. I believe that some of my roles certainly fall into Skill Level B. However, some of my more recent roles encompass a wide range of duties & responsibilities, these fall into both Skill level A & Skill level B.

Which skill level should I base my skilled worker application on? Some of my Job Titles don't appear on the HDRSC site, but the duties do?

Please help,