Newly weds immigrating

Old Jan 4th 2005, 1:36 pm
Just Joined

Brit & Canadian is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Newly weds immigrating

hi

I was hoping someone could give me some advice.

I am british and married my canadian wife in 2004 and we are currently living in the UK and she is on a working holiday makers visa which expires at the end of 2005.(we have been together for 2 years)

We would like to immigrate to canada, does anyone know if its possible to do all the paper work from the UK ? Or would my wife have to be in canada to sponsor me?

Idealy we would like to get everything sorted from here and both go back together and be able to start work etc.... Or is that just wishful thinking?! :scared:

Any other top tips or information would be most appreciated.

Cheers

Jack
Old Jan 4th 2005, 2:33 pm

Andrew Miller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Newly weds immigrating

Canadian citizens are eligible to sponsor their spouses while living abroad. Start process ASAP.

Originally Posted by Brit & Canadian
hi

I was hoping someone could give me some advice.

I am british and married my canadian wife in 2004 and we are currently living in the UK and she is on a working holiday makers visa which expires at the end of 2005.(we have been together for 2 years)

We would like to immigrate to canada, does anyone know if its possible to do all the paper work from the UK ? Or would my wife have to be in canada to sponsor me?

Idealy we would like to get everything sorted from here and both go back together and be able to start work etc.... Or is that just wishful thinking?! :scared:

Any other top tips or information would be most appreciated.

Cheers

Jack