Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Newcastle DMP: Denton Turret Medical Centre

Newcastle DMP: Denton Turret Medical Centre

Old Mar 23rd 2009, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

DESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really nice
Default Newcastle DMP: Denton Turret Medical Centre

Hi Guys,

Has anyone had their medicals in Newcastle recently? I've tried to search previous threads but the most current ones were in 2007. Apologies if I have not searched enough

Anyway previous threads seem that Dr. Howarth is a nice and friendly person. Medicals book this Thursday 26/03/09. I am not sure if there is ample parking space in the clinic. Does anyone knows? It's a good thing that I've rang back as I thought he'll accept credit or debit cards but said no and would only accept cash or cheque. Chest X-ray will be done on same day but about 10-15 mins drive as I was told at Newcastle clinic.

It's the only DMP that would accomodate us at the earliest date. The rest have about 4 weeks wait!
Old Mar 24th 2009, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

DESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really niceDESERTFOX is just really nice
Default Re: Newcastle DMP: Denton Turret Medical Centre

I guess nobody has been there recently. Anyway we hope and pray that our meds will be fine.
Old Mar 26th 2009, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Guys,

We had our medicals today at Newcastle and it wasn't perfect to say the least

First, we have our chest Xray (wife and I) with Newcastle Clinic and done ahead of our appointment time as we come early. Staff has been very professional and polite and finished in less than 15 minutes. Children didn't require Chest xray as both below 11 years old. Fee £55 each.

We then went straight to Newcastle Denton Turret Medical Centre which looks like just a normal GP surgery being busy. The receptionist then said she'll have a word with Dr Howarth upon our arrival. Dr. Howarth then said that he would be able to see us a bit earlier as well which we were very pleased as we drive 2 hours from Northeast. He then asked us the forms from CIC. We only received 2 forms for medical from CIC one for my wife and me.

This is now my first question does the children need separate forms from CIC as well?

Anyway he said he'll do all of us and I just need to ring or inquire CIC to send us another forms for the children. The children were then the first one to be seen. My daughter has been wearing eye glasses and he said requires a eye test report or prescription from the optician for my daughter. He then examine my son and he had never wear eye glasses before but he seem to have difficulty in reading the letters on the chart. So my son now requires for an urgent eye test as well. Although I'm not that convinced that my son has eye problems but it's better being checked. The reason I said I wasn't convinced is that he was holding the chart against the blinds which was not totally closed so there was light coming through and a bit bright and could be glaring to his eye.

Then it's my wife's turn. She has applied for an open work permit hence she needs a medical exam. She has some heart condition which was controlled and not taking any medication on but has been asked as well to get a report from either her GP or cardiologist.

I was the last to be seen and thankfully I had no problems. Although I am the principal applicant I could not celebrate as we have four outstanding documents to provide which means additional delays Total fees £630.

Our expenses for today didn't end there. On our way home our car broke down. The front exhaust come off. We need to have our car recovered and taken to garage near home. New front exhaust fitted £36.88 and payment for the recovery of £49.91.

That's has been our day but still I am thankful that we all arrived safely home. It could have been worst!
Old Mar 27th 2009, 12:17 am
Forum Regular

I knew there was one family of four who has done their meds recently but can't remember his/her name I hope you can read my post and can shed light about forms from CIC. Did you receive 4 forms from CIC for your medicals? many thanks.
Old Mar 27th 2009, 12:19 am
Forum Regular

rufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nice

Sorry to hear you had a bad time of it. The only advice I can give with regards to forms for kids is that you do need one for each child. We had one for our 4 month old baby.

Helen

Originally Posted by DESERTFOX
Hi Guys,

First, we have our chest Xray (wife and I) with Newcastle Clinic and done ahead of our appointment time as we come early. Staff has been very professional and polite and finished in less than 15 minutes. Children didn't require Chest xray as both below 11 years old. Fee £55 each.

We then went straight to Newcastle Denton Turret Medical Centre which looks like just a normal GP surgery being busy. The receptionist then said she'll have a word with Dr Howarth upon our arrival. Dr. Howarth then said that he would be able to see us a bit earlier as well which we were very pleased as we drive 2 hours from Northeast. He then asked us the forms from CIC. We only received 2 forms for medical from CIC one for my wife and me.

This is now my first question does the children need separate forms from CIC as well?

Anyway he said he'll do all of us and I just need to ring or inquire CIC to send us another forms for the children. The children were then the first one to be seen. My daughter has been wearing eye glasses and he said requires a eye test report or prescription from the optician for my daughter. He then examine my son and he had never wear eye glasses before but he seem to have difficulty in reading the letters on the chart. So my son now requires for an urgent eye test as well. Although I'm not that convinced that my son has eye problems but it's better being checked. The reason I said I wasn't convinced is that he was holding the chart against the blinds which was not totally closed so there was light coming through and a bit bright and could be glaring to his eye.

Then it's my wife's turn. She has applied for an open work permit hence she needs a medical exam. She has some heart condition which was controlled and not taking any medication on but has been asked as well to get a report from either her GP or cardiologist.

I was the last to be seen and thankfully I had no problems. Although I am the principal applicant I could not celebrate as we have four outstanding documents to provide which means additional delays Total fees £630.

Our expenses for today didn't end there. On our way home our car broke down. The front exhaust come off. We need to have our car recovered and taken to garage near home. New front exhaust fitted £36.88 and payment for the recovery of £49.91.

That's has been our day but still I am thankful that we all arrived safely home. It could have been worst!
Old Mar 27th 2009, 4:28 am
Forum Regular

CathynPaul has a spectacular aura aboutCathynPaul has a spectacular aura aboutCathynPaul has a spectacular aura about

Hi,
Well what a day you had so sorry to hear about all your misfortune.I had my medical done at that surgery in June last year.Got to be honest it was ok,felt like it was money for old rope with him though,my family had their medical done in Canada and I am pretty sure they had a form each however I would email CIC urgently,they will respond pretty quick I am sure,did you have a problem looking at the eye chart because of the light? or was it just the kids .
Gotta to be honest again,did the information that came with the forms request a form from the optician,if so then perhaps you did not read all the info that CIC sent.Its hard when anything arrives from them because you get so excited,read it and only halk goes in I had to rear and reread the information.I would not worry,it takes a few days for your blood and xray results to arrive si if you get it all done this weekend they should land on his desk fairly simultaineously( sorry wrong spelling!!!!) hope it helps be patient its all worth it where are you heading off to ,we live in Maple Ridge BC
Old Mar 27th 2009, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Helen and cathynpaul,

We were certain that we read and reread everything from CIC. There was even one piece of letter with the checklist ticked medical examination(hand written spouse only) so we were confident but that we don't need froms for the children.

Anyway I have already sent an email to CIC and hopefully they'll reply me quickly or send the additional forms ASAP. Thanks guys.
Old Mar 27th 2009, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

rufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nicerufus2000 is just really nice

best of luck. They put the wrong name on my form and I contacted them by the case specific email on their website and received a new form within 48 hours so fingers crossed!!!

Let us know how you get on

Helen

Thanks Helen and cathynpaul,

We were certain that we read and reread everything from CIC. There was even one piece of letter with the checklist ticked medical examination(hand written spouse only) so we were confident but that we don't need froms for the children.

Anyway I have already sent an email to CIC and hopefully they'll reply me quickly or send the additional forms ASAP. Thanks guys.
Old Mar 27th 2009, 1:34 pm
Swollen Member

geo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond repute

Just a word on medicals- don't stress too much with respect to wrong forms etc. I got the quack here in Canada to fill in the completely wrong form. I included a note to CIC stating the same and it didn't hold our application up one iota.
Good luck.
Old Mar 27th 2009, 6:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

ExcitedBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

This is quite unfair that the DMP needs a report about the glass prescription of your daughter.If I remember, on the medical form it says to take your glasses with you if you need it. If repport was a prerequisite the letter would have mentioned it: if you wear glasses then also obtain a full optician/opthalmologist report. Did he do a full fundoscopy for all of you?

These DMPs are weird- I had contacts in when doing my medicals- they didnt even see it!!!

Hi Guys,

Old Mar 27th 2009, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

kmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to all

Hi Guys,

Has anyone had their medicals in Newcastle recently? I've tried to search previous threads but the most current ones were in 2007. Apologies if I have not searched enough

Anyway previous threads seem that Dr. Howarth is a nice and friendly person. Medicals book this Thursday 26/03/09. I am not sure if there is ample parking space in the clinic. Does anyone knows? It's a good thing that I've rang back as I thought he'll accept credit or debit cards but said no and would only accept cash or cheque. Chest X-ray will be done on same day but about 10-15 mins drive as I was told at Newcastle clinic.

It's the only DMP that would accomodate us at the earliest date. The rest have about 4 weeks wait!
hi df,

OMG what an ordeal you have had sorry to hear about it.
try not to feel to dis-heartened and just get the reports from the relevant people and in the meantime CIC will hopefully respond to you asap.

at least you all got home safely after the car trouble.

your on the last leg now..its a set back...dont let it get you down too much.

best of luck for the reports and no doubt your next posting will be more positive.

good luck

kae
Old Mar 28th 2009, 12:19 am
Forum Regular

Hi guys,

I've got a quick reply from CIC and has confirmed that our children don't need medicals. The email states that medicals is only needed for both of us as we are both working in a medical profession. I have also then phoned my friend in Alberta who's also (husband and wife both nurses) and confirmed that their 2 children didn't have medicals done.

My wife will hopefully get her report from her GP next week and send it off to Newcastle as soon as we get it. I think it is a positive news considering the ordeal we experienced last Thursday. Now I can afford to
Old Mar 28th 2009, 3:44 am
Forum Regular

CathynPaul has a spectacular aura aboutCathynPaul has a spectacular aura aboutCathynPaul has a spectacular aura about

Hi DF,
Are you going on TWP then I am sorry I misunderstood thought it was for PNP straight don't know why,I needed the medical while we were in the UK for TWP which was obviously ok for PNP as it was within a year,and my hubby and kids needed one for PNP so don't be surprised if kids need one at a later date for PNP hope thats not confused you,anyway at least CIC got back in touch quickly,they seem to when you get to these final points in the process,good luck,where are you off to I have become really good friends with Kae ,she is going to the same hospital as me,take car cathy
Old Mar 28th 2009, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

Hi cathy we're off to Burnaby and hopefully not long from now Kae and I started to have some connection as well as she went thru Fraser Health as well. Are you in BC now? I'm guessing you are a nurse as well. Which hospital are you working?