New Website need your feedback

Old Feb 25th 2005, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

emran is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile New Website need your feedback

Hi Everyone,

Could you please visit my site and shoot me your feedback. I"m not a programmer but wanted to get your feedback on my resume.

www.imranhashmi.com

Thanks in advance,

Cheers

Imran Hashmi
www.imranhashmi.com
Old Feb 25th 2005, 5:23 pm
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Website www.imranhashmi.com need your feedback

Originally Posted by emran
Hi Everyone,

Could you please visit my site and shoot me your feedback. I"m not a programmer but wanted to get your feedback on my resume.

www.imranhashmi.com

Thanks in advance,

Cheers

Imran Hashmi
www.imranhashmi.com
cool imran!! a nice resume! keep it up
Old Feb 25th 2005, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

thanks..........
Old Feb 25th 2005, 5:55 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Looks OK.

I found "Nationality...Canadian Resident" to be a bit odd as thats not a nationality as much as a legal status that allows you to work here (I see where you are coming from though). If it were me I would try and change it...but off the top of my head I cant think quite how I would phrase it. Maybe just leave it off completely and cover that in a covering letter if necessary.

Also all the other sections under the blue headers end with a .(full stop) except that one?

Last edited by iaink; Feb 25th 2005 at 6:00 pm.
Old Feb 28th 2005, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, very good advice... I'll fix it...

Cheers,

Imran Hashmi
www.imranhashmi.com

PS I bought my domain name using Yahoo special offer and only have one page to work with.
Old Feb 28th 2005, 5:42 pm
Happy Canadian PR

ozinca will become famous soon enoughozinca will become famous soon enough

Nice work - what an interesting background you have. I have also just completed my resume (although not on the web). Some of my thoughts are:

1. Divide your list of skills (in bold) into two colums. This will give you more space at the end of your resume to help 'space out' the client logos you have used.

2. As your resume is chronological, in my opinion, your present place of employment should be listed first in your Employment section.

3. Start your bullet points with 'action verbs'. For example, instead of saying "After being given a new territory...." say something like, "Increased total sales by 3.3% and increased gross profit percentage by 3.1% despite loss of major account by previous manager which generated 29% of sales volume".

4. Try not to mix your verb tenses. Don't mix present tense verbs with past tense verbs. If you are talking about your position from 1998 to 2001, use only past tense verbs. For your current postion, only use present tense verbs.

5. Keep your choice of bullets the same. I mean if you want to use diamond shaped bullets, use them throughout, don't mix different styles of bullets. Also, try not to mix fonts.

6. At the bottom of your resume, you say "Major client I worked with", instead say "Major clients I have worked with" or something like that but make the word client plural.

Still, you certainly know more about web resume writing than I do. I have no idea how to make an internet resume, so well done.

Ozinca

Originally Posted by emran
Hi Everyone,

www.imranhashmi.com

Thanks in advance,

Cheers

Imran Hashmi
www.imranhashmi.com

Last edited by ozinca; Feb 28th 2005 at 7:21 pm.
Old Feb 28th 2005, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

Wow... i think we keep commenting on my resume, we can make a best sample resume for everyone...

Imran Hashmi
www.imranhashmi.com
Old Feb 28th 2005, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

juliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the rough

Very impressive resume, Imram.
What did it for me was the " watching the NASCAR races " part
Old Mar 1st 2005, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: New Website need your feedback

thanks...
Old Mar 1st 2005, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

bhalerao is on a distinguished road

Not to offend I find that a bit blur. Your education and your job period are the same what age were you in 98-2001 as you have mentioned you were a director of sales. Either you have committed a mistake or you are fooling around with some sensible people on this from. If the latter is ture, pls dont that again, if former then pls correct it as does not look sensible for a person who is a director of sales posting something erronous on his CV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No gruding or hard feelings.
Regards
Old Mar 1st 2005, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

Well 6+ years in sales experience and still person doesn't get promoted to director, I think that person doesn't belong in Sales field. If a person doesn't get to Director level in sales, he/she doesn't belong in sales group. My friend sales is completly different ball game.

Where I'm right now, I was team lead then promoted to manager and final dorector. It took took me 4 years to where I'm and you are saying I'm joking.

Just wanted to explain my position, no offense

Cheers,

Imran Hashmi
www.imranhashmi.com

PS: I'm about to complete my master and its taking long because I'm taking classes on the weekend.