New waiting times on CIC

Old Mar 20th 2009, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

Ant_Barber is on a distinguished road
Question New waiting times on CIC

After checking the the revised waiting times on the CIC website it shows a waing period, for PR, of 3 to 3 1/2 years as oppose the 3 1/2 to 4 years as indicated on my receipt which i got in Sept 2007. Does this mean my waiting time has now decreased or is this for new applicants only??
Old Mar 20th 2009, 1:46 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New waiting times on CIC

Originally Posted by Ant_Barber
After checking the the revised waiting times on the CIC website it shows a waing period, for PR, of 3 to 3 1/2 years as oppose the 3 1/2 to 4 years as indicated on my receipt which i got in Sept 2007. Does this mean my waiting time has now decreased or is this for new applicants only??
Your waiting time has decreased - should be even less than the 3 years they are saying (the figures quoted are for 2008 I believe) as the new system has reduced the backlog massively. New applicants will be processed within 6-12 months, but even those that applied before Feb 2008 will find their applications are also processed quicker as less people are now applying.

Old Mar 20th 2009, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

Ant_Barber is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New waiting times on CIC

What makes you think it maybe less than 3 years? I hope you're right! We were'nt sure weather to wait a while to see if the house market picked up, but if you think that we'll probably just bite the bullet, sell up and head for rented!