new NOC list

Old Jun 14th 2012, 9:35 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new NOC list

Originally Posted by Canuck Fan
Does having had a great grandmother from Canada count for anything, or is it only through having parents at grandparents born there which enables you to obtain dual citizenship?
Nope, great grandmother doesn't give you any benefit, doesn't even give you any extra points for a FSW application I'm afraid.

You can get Canadian citizenship if you have a parent born there (assuming you also meet the other criteria), but a great-grandparent is too far removed to help.

HTH.
Old Jun 14th 2012, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

Canuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really nice

Aww thanks for confirming what I thought to be the case. I nearly have all the paperwork done for FSW application this year (except police certs), but unlike last year I don't quite have the £7000 in proof of funds. Am I correct in thinking that it is a strict stipulation by CIC that proof of available funds NOW is required?
Old Jun 14th 2012, 8:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Kimbie
I am waiting to hear from some people in Alberta as they deal with ICT programmes but there is a cost for those so not sure on that especially if nothing is guaranties at the end.

Kimbie
Just picking up on your last sentence there.

I may have misunderstood, but that sounds like you have found people in Alberta that may be able to find you a job, but they will charge you for the service. That is illegal! Nobody is allowed to charge you to help you find work in Alberta (that probably applied to the whole of Canada).

If I've misunderstood then please ignore this
Old Jun 14th 2012, 9:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Aww thanks for confirming what I thought to be the case. I nearly have all the paperwork done for FSW application this year (except police certs), but unlike last year I don't quite have the £7000 in proof of funds. Am I correct in thinking that it is a strict stipulation by CIC that proof of available funds NOW is required?
Yes, you must have it when you send your application or it'll just be rejected. Remember you can use equity in your house if you are applying via the London visa office, does that help? If you don't have equity, then sell everything you own if you have to!

IIRC you are a nurse, is that right? So you'll need to get it sorted asap, as you must send your application in for the first week in July - remember all the nurses visas went within 3 weeks last year, so you can't hang about if you want one this year (assuming they are still on the list, etc, etc).

Good luck.

Old Jun 15th 2012, 6:10 am
Forum Regular

Canuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really nice

Yes that's correct I am, you have a better memory than me, lol. I need to get my house re-valued so as to prove my equity then. I haven't done so as I've read conflicting comments on this forum saying you can and cannot use equity. Because it will cost me £200 to obtain the valuation I didn't want to waste my money. I still need to obtain my police cert also. I have done neither up until now also because I wanted to keep my account balance up.
Old Jun 15th 2012, 6:14 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Yes that's correct I am, you have a better memory than me, lol. I need to get my house re-valued so as to prove my equity then. I haven't done so as I've read conflicting comments on this forum saying you can and cannot use equity. Because it will cost me £200 to obtain the valuation I didn't want to waste my money. I still need to obtain my police cert also. I have done neither up until now also because I wanted to keep my account balance up.
You can definitely use equity, but only if you are applying via the London visa office - it's the only one that allows equity to be used, so perhaps the comments you've read have been for other visa offices?

I understand why you don't want to waste your money, and it's particularly tricky as you won't know if nurses are still on 'the list' until nearer 1st July, but you'll only have a couple of weeks window to get your application in if your NOC code fills as quickly as last year, so if you definitely want to apply you might have to risk it.

Good luck whatever you decide!

Old Jun 17th 2012, 12:33 am
Forum Regular

Do all applications for fsw from UK or England eventually end up being processed in London via Sydney? Otherwise how will I know, because I think equity is my only option to get my application in sooner. Thanks.
Old Jun 17th 2012, 1:47 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Do all applications for fsw from UK or England eventually end up being processed in London via Sydney? Otherwise how will I know, because I think equity is my only option to get my application in sooner. Thanks.
Sydney isn't a visa office, so you send it there but then have to choose your visa office - which will be wherever you are. So if you're in the UK, then yes, it will be London.

Old Jun 17th 2012, 2:31 am
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light

If I'm not mistaken you state the visa office on the generic application form. I think it's on the first page. We just wrote 'LONDON'.

We'll be sending ours off in a few weeks also.
Old Jun 17th 2012, 3:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Waggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud ofWaggle has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by scottyxx
I am so sad they took Computer People off it, or I coulda been a PR a while ago. Hopefully it changes more in favor of the people I know here who are going to be forced to leave.
Well I am a software developer and got a good job reasonably quickly once we'd got our PR. My wife is an industrial pharmacist and is on "the list" and is the reason we were able to apply FSW1.

After 6 months, although she's hopefully closing in on one, she still hasn't secured a job in her field.

Kinda shows how out-of-date this list can get in a relatively short space of time. IMO an occupation 2 years on the list, and then probably at least another year in processing, is not enough to respond to market needs. Since someone could be arriving in Canada whose occupation was in demand 3 years ago, but is not in demand today.

Wayne.
Old Jun 17th 2012, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

Thank you for your prompt replies.

Wiggle I agree with you. I also think the processing could be more efficient in respect to CIC who could be more pro-active in contacting applicants after say a year or so to make sure they still wish to proceed, as there must be thousands who drop out but let their applications run on.
Old Jun 17th 2012, 7:54 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Wiggle I agree with you. I also think the processing could be more efficient in respect to CIC who could be more pro-active in contacting applicants after say a year or so to make sure they still wish to proceed, as there must be thousands who drop out but let their applications run on.
They do do that every so often, to try and reduce the backlog. Not many people take them up on it though, most choose to carry on.

Very few people will 'drop out but let their applications run on', as then they'll be subject to all the fees, whereas if they cancel before processing starts they can get a refund.

Old Jun 18th 2012, 3:17 am
BE Enthusiast

alcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nice

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Let me just get my crystal ball out.

I've no idea of all your circumstances, so can't recommend a route for you, have you done a couple of visa assessments with consultants? They might suggest something you haven't thought of, but tbh if your wife is a nurse then I'd have said FSW will be your quickest/easiest route.
FSW quick + easy ?.. Someone forgot to tell CIC that!....

So if (and not being negative but it IS more than likely) our application this year is unsuccessful. Which route would you suggest we take?

Circumstances are:
Wife- 33yrs old, Registered Nurse with Bachelor degree, 4 years experience in Orthopaedics ward... IELTS done....

Myself - 32years old, Firefighter 7 years, previously qualified gas engineer / apprenticeship (qualification expired), LGV licence... and all round good guy

Oh and 2 little sprogs aged 22 + 3months..

-Have the required proof of funds available...
-No real preference in Canada (but gearing towards Ontario, Alberta, Nova Scotia...
- Not tied to a uk mortgage
- career breaks may be possible (if temporary work placements / permits on offer?...)

Any crystal ball or genuine knowledgable advice much appreciated!
Old Jun 18th 2012, 4:11 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Job offer or Community Identified Stream.

Although do you want to stay working as a firefighter? If so, and given all of your 'shall we/shall we/happy with our life in Scotland' posts, tbh I'd stay put.

JMO though.
Old Jun 18th 2012, 5:19 am
BE Enthusiast

alcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nice

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Job offer or Community Identified Stream.

Although do you want to stay working as a firefighter? If so, and given all of your 'shall we/shall we/happy with our life in Scotland' posts, tbh I'd stay put.

JMO though.
Ok, that's two other methods... what about the other 48??!

I'd look into continuing as a firefighter, but would pursue other uniformed services... I'm aware its difficult to get into..

You know, I'm surprised people act the way they do when I've posted my feelings of uncertainty. Surely I can't be the ONLY one in the history of immigration who has had the odd doubt?? weighed up the options?

A lot of people seem quick to say, "its not for you"..
But its dragged on for so long we've had plenty time with nothing else to do but mull over it!
Me saying positive things about our set-up her in Scotland is a change in attititude, as I have to be realistic and say we might NEVER get into canada... it is not a straight forward process, and don't make it simple for so called in demand skilled workers..

It's a relatively big decision, if not THE biggest someone is likely to make in life. Id bet my proof of funds a high % of people question whether its all worth it..

But anyway, back to our many 'other routes in'...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.