Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

New immigration rules - 17th April....???????????

New immigration rules - 17th April....???????????

Old Apr 21st 2009, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

bhupinder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New immigration rules - 17th April....???????????

Dear all,

I came to know that Immigration rules were updated by government on 17th of this month. whether its true. If True, than hows it going to effect Pr immigration with AEO option. Moreover when the job profile or occupation is not being listed in 38 categories list.

Thanks and regards
Old Apr 21st 2009, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

MarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to allMarkSurrey is a name known to all
Default Re: New immigration rules - 17th April....???????????

Originally Posted by bhupinder
Dear all,

I came to know that Immigration rules were updated by government on 17th of this month. whether its true. If True, than hows it going to effect Pr immigration with AEO option. Moreover when the job profile or occupation is not being listed in 38 categories list.

Thanks and regards
I know the citizenship laws changed as of 17 April, but I don't know anything about changes to immigration rules.

Have you checked on the CIC website? That is normally pretty good. I would definitely expect any changes to the List of 38 Occupations to be flagged pretty sharpish.

Thanks

Mark
Old Apr 21st 2009, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks sir
actually i got positive AEO yesterday (process took near about 50 days) and was very happy for that but my our representative told that rules had changed and we have to lodge file first here in canada, after getting approval from there (which will take 2 -3 month) than file will be loged to Canadian high comission New delhi (India).
Can anybody tell ????
Old Apr 21st 2009, 5:18 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks sir
actually i got positive AEO yesterday (process took near about 50 days) and was very happy for that but my our representative told that rules had changed and we have to lodge file first here in canada, after getting approval from there (which will take 2 -3 month) than file will be loged to Canadian high comission New delhi (India).
Can anybody tell ????
1. Read the instructions. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ns/skilled.asp
2. As of 01/04/09 all FSW1,2,3 applications go to Sydney CIU.
3. You don't send a full application , in you case you send a copy of the AEO.
4. If your application qualifies, you will be sent a letter stating that you have 120 days to submit your application to Delhi.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 1:30 am
Forum Regular

Thanks a lot for perfect answer
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

Will u please make comments on process time, they will take to give decision.
Moreover i want to know whether this new introductio will effect the total process time, as we have to submit application twice.
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 5:03 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Will u please make comments on process time, they will take to give decision.
Moreover i want to know whether this new introductio will effect the total process time, as we have to submit application twice.
1. You don't submit a full application to Sydney, no attachments, no documents, no pictures.
2. You get a result from Sydney usually within 2 months, then Sydney sends the application to the processing office. They will request the full application be submitted within 120 days, no extensions. CIC is stating that the applications will be processed in 6-12 months.
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 6:04 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for information
what about fee to submitted and how much.
To be paid to CIO Sydney or to CHC New Delhi.
Old Apr 23rd 2009, 6:39 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for information
what about fee to submitted and how much.
To be paid to CIO Sydney or to CHC New Delhi.
Bhupinder - all the info you need is on the CIC website. They have a 'fees calculator' you can use, and in the guide you can download it will tell you about how to pay the fees.

So have a look on there.