New Brunswick TWP to PNP

Old Dec 29th 2008, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

coritani is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Brunswick TWP to PNP

Hello,

I'm currently in negotiations with a company in New Brunswick and if all goes well I'll be offered a job and the mailed a contract, which they will then use to get me a LMO as a long haul truck driver. I am led to believe that once I have this LMO and have obtained the TWP that after six months of employment I am to apply for the PNP program for eventual permanent residence. I know this was the case with other companies in Saskatchewan and Manitoba I have been in contact with and the same seems to be true in New Brunswick but I noticed that you still have to score a certain amount of points to be accepted for PNP. How can I know that I will be successful in that, as I can't give up my job and move to the other side of the Atlantic just for a temporary job and then have to come back because PNP has been refused. Any ideas or advice are much appreciated!
Old Dec 29th 2008, 10:09 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Brunswick TWP to PNP

Originally Posted by coritani
How can I know that I will be successful in that, as I can't give up my job and move to the other side of the Atlantic just for a temporary job and then have to come back because PNP has been refused. Any ideas or advice are much appreciated!
I don't think there is anyway of guaranteeing that you will definitely be successful. You just have to figure out how certain you are of meeting the requisite eligibility requirements for PNP, whether that's points or anything else, and decide if you're as certain as you can be that you'll get accepted.

It's just part of the risk of emigrating I'm afraid. The only way you can avoid it is to apply for PNP before you go but I don't know if your employer would be willing to wait that long for you (or even if you can do that with NB PNP, am just assuming it's the same as other provinces).

There are huge numbers of us that are going to Canada via TWP's and taking that risk (it's really the only way for most people to get there these days), none of us can be sure that if we decide to apply for PR we won't be refused for failing a medical, not getting enough points, etc, but most have to take that chance.

Best of luck whatever you decide.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

Many thanks. I should be ok, they are bringing British truck drivers over and have been doing for a little while now and they are all successful and I'm no different to those guys so I'm presuming it'll all go well.
Old Dec 29th 2008, 10:47 pm
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
It's just part of the risk of emigrating I'm afraid. The only way you can avoid it is to apply for PNP before you go but I don't know if your employer would be willing to wait that long for you (or even if you can do that with NB PNP, am just assuming it's the same as other provinces).
i haven't had a close look at nb pnp - but every pnp of which i know that it accepts truck drivers does so in the same way: you have to be legally working with your sponsoring employer for a certain amount of time before you can apply for nomination. and legally working means having a wp which in turn requires a lmo in most cases.
the story would usually be different for a person in a skilled occupation (noc 0, a or b).

coritani - if you are unsure, why don't you contact the nb pnp office about your queries and concerns? they are humans too...
good luck!
Old Dec 29th 2008, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lof
i haven't had a close look at nb pnp - but every pnp of which i know that it accepts truck drivers does so in the same way: you have to be legally working with your sponsoring employer for a certain amount of time before you can apply for nomination. and legally working means having a wp which in turn requires a lmo in most cases.
the story would usually be different for a person in a skilled occupation (noc 0, a or b).

coritani - if you are unsure, why don't you contact the nb pnp office about your queries and concerns? they are humans too...
good luck!
Thanks for that. They say that once they have sent me a contract through the post and I sign and return it they can start with getting me a LMO straight away. Trucking companies seem to have no trouble at all getting hold of those and by all accounts they say some people have re-located to Canada within two months of applying for the job. I dont mind going on a TWP, so long as I think I'll make the grade for PNP which I should, its just a pity you need one years employment to get an extra ten points, but even without it I'll score 53 and the minimum is 50.
Old Dec 30th 2008, 2:05 am
lof
Canadian Wet Coaster

lof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond reputelof has a reputation beyond repute

another thought: have you found the trucking forum? http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=118
i'm quite sure you'll find people there who have gone exactly the way that lays ahead of you.
Old Dec 30th 2008, 4:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lof
another thought: have you found the trucking forum? http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=118
i'm quite sure you'll find people there who have gone exactly the way that lays ahead of you.
Just checked it out, thanks for that!