New Brunswick PNP questions.

Old Apr 29th 2009, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

coritani is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Brunswick PNP questions.

I'm arriving in New Brunswick on the 6th of May on a TWP and after six months will apply for PR via PNP.

I've just been going through the self assessment list to see if I qualify and get the necessary 50 points.

In section one I get 10 points,

Section two I get 10 points,

Section three I get 10 points,

Section four I get 8, though maybe 10 points,

Now that takes me to 38 or 40 points.

Now to section five and where the confusion starts. I need 10 or 12 more points at least. Now I presume I get points for having a confirmation from HRSDC (Is that my LMO?).
The problem now is, I wont have worked in NB for at least one year so I dont get 10 points there but would I qualify for five points under the "Applicant has not studied or worked but has visited within two years prior to submitting an application"

Surely having worked on a TWP for six months is as good as merely visiting for a few days, otherwise I may well fall short of the 50 points and be completely wasting my time on this.

The self assessment guide can be found here at http://www.gnb.ca/Immigration/Inform...essment_JO.pdf

My employer in New Brunswick keep telling me not to worry and I'll have no problems as everyone before me in a similar situation has got PNP if they wanted it. But if I dont get those 5 visitor points I dont see it working out. I could wait until I've worked there for a year but then I may not get a new LMO before I apply, to continue working into a second year on a TWP.
Old Apr 29th 2009, 4:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

sinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: New Brunswick PNP questions.

Originally Posted by coritani
Now to section five and where the confusion starts. I need 10 or 12 more points at least. Now I presume I get points for having a confirmation from HRSDC (Is that my LMO?).
The problem now is, I wont have worked in NB for at least one year so I dont get 10 points there but would I qualify for five points under the "Applicant has not studied or worked but has visited within two years prior to submitting an application"
Hi there,

I have just recently received my PNP approval from NB and at the time of applying I hadn't been here a year (although I have now) but I did claim the points for visiting the province, since I was living here!!! I think you will have no problem claiming them.
Also regarding the HRSDC thing yeah I think thats basically the job offer/lmo, my job didn't require an LMO and again I had no problem here either - immigration did phone my work to ask a few questions but no problems

Where abouts in NB are you moving to?

Good luck with it all and if you have any other ques feel free to give me a shout.

Sinead
Old Apr 29th 2009, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sinurt
Hi there,

I have just recently received my PNP approval from NB and at the time of applying I hadn't been here a year (although I have now) but I did claim the points for visiting the province, since I was living here!!! I think you will have no problem claiming them.
Also regarding the HRSDC thing yeah I think thats basically the job offer/lmo, my job didn't require an LMO and again I had no problem here either - immigration did phone my work to ask a few questions but no problems

Where abouts in NB are you moving to?

Good luck with it all and if you have any other ques feel free to give me a shout.

Sinead
Hi Sinead,

I'll be moving to Hartland just outside of Woodstock and driving trucks down to the US.

I do have an LMO so I'll get 10 points for that then, and if like you say, being in New Brunswick entitles you to them 5 points, that will see me over the 50 point threshold without having to wait out a full year to gain 10 points for one years employment. I want to apply as soon as I can if possible as I want to get it all sorted out by the 24 TWP limit is up.....or does that not count once you have PNP approval / awaiting PR ?

Thanks!
Old Apr 29th 2009, 6:35 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sinead,

I'll be moving to Hartland just outside of Woodstock and driving trucks down to the US.

I do have an LMO so I'll get 10 points for that then, and if like you say, being in New Brunswick entitles you to them 5 points, that will see me over the 50 point threshold without having to wait out a full year to gain 10 points for one years employment. I want to apply as soon as I can if possible as I want to get it all sorted out by the 24 TWP limit is up.....or does that not count once you have PNP approval / awaiting PR ?

Thanks!
Day and Ross by any chance ?
Old Apr 29th 2009, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tangram
Day and Ross by any chance ?
No, Donnelly Farms.
Old Apr 29th 2009, 10:36 pm
Just Joined

J2FCM is an unknown quantity at this point

My wife and I are hoping to be accepted for a PNP too. We will be visiting New Brunswick between 15-25 May, and I am hoping to secure one, or several, information interviews which might lead eventually to a job offer.

Should we arrange an appointment at a Government office somewhere to have the visit 'logged' in order to qualify for the 5 points? Is 10 days long enough to qualify?
Old Apr 29th 2009, 11:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

sinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Sinead,

Thanks!
Hi, my OH used to do deliveries up around Hartland (he says its a pretty small place) and into Donnelly farms, he said that all the trucks they have there looked pretty new - which can only be a good thing

Originally Posted by J2FCM
My wife and I are hoping to be accepted for a PNP too. We will be visiting New Brunswick between 15-25 May, and I am hoping to secure one, or several, information interviews which might lead eventually to a job offer.

Should we arrange an appointment at a Government office somewhere to have the visit 'logged' in order to qualify for the 5 points? Is 10 days long enough to qualify?
Hi, if you are in and around Fredericton and want to meet up or anything feel free to give me a shout - as for logging the visit not too sure about that you could always email someone in immigration and ask, they've always been very helpful when I've had a query.

What line of work are you in?

Good luck,
Sinead
Old Apr 29th 2009, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

Hi, my OH used to do deliveries up around Hartland (he says its a pretty small place) and into Donnelly farms, he said that all the trucks they have there looked pretty new - which can only be a good thing

Hi, if you are in and around Fredericton and want to meet up or anything feel free to give me a shout - as for logging the visit not too sure about that you could always email someone in immigration and ask, they've always been very helpful when I've had a query.

What line of work are you in?

Good luck,
Sinead
Hi Sinead,

Do you know if Immigration actually accepted your five points for being in New Brunswick on a TWP? When you submit your self assessment do you get to know if they come up with the same score that you do, or is it just an acceptance or denial with no other information? If I apply after six months I'll need those five points to clear the 50 point mark. Otherwise I'll have to wait a year, hope I get a new LMO for a TWP extension and then claim 10 points for one years work and 10 points for experience and I'll then have 60 points.

Is the immigration office in Fredericton somewhere where you can actually go in and ask their advice on things like this? Its essential to know the answers to this before I apply so I dont get refused on grounds of too few points because they wont award the five points etc.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Sinead,

Do you know if Immigration actually accepted your five points for being in New Brunswick on a TWP? When you submit your self assessment do you get to know if they come up with the same score that you do, or is it just an acceptance or denial with no other information? If I apply after six months I'll need those five points to clear the 50 point mark. Otherwise I'll have to wait a year, hope I get a new LMO for a TWP extension and then claim 10 points for one years work and 10 points for experience and I'll then have 60 points.

Is the immigration office in Fredericton somewhere where you can actually go in and ask their advice on things like this? Its essential to know the answers to this before I apply so I dont get refused on grounds of too few points because they wont award the five points etc.
Hi there,
Honestly I don't know if it was accepted or not as the 5 points were not essential for me to meet the min points, I just got a phone call to say I was accepted and I have to call in and see her with the fees.
I hand delivered all my paperwork directly into the Immigration dept here in Fredericton and I had emailed them previously to ask questions and they were always very helpful. You could always send them an email to ask or call in when you get here?
Sinead
Old May 1st 2009, 1:17 am
Forum Regular

Hi there,
Honestly I don't know if it was accepted or not as the 5 points were not essential for me to meet the min points, I just got a phone call to say I was accepted and I have to call in and see her with the fees.
I hand delivered all my paperwork directly into the Immigration dept here in Fredericton and I had emailed them previously to ask questions and they were always very helpful. You could always send them an email to ask or call in when you get here?
Sinead
I think I'll definitely go in and speak to someone face to face in Fredericton at some point. I'll need to find out what constitutes a visit to New Brunswick because it does say if you have not studied or worked, and I will be working, though will be under the 1 year requirement. I'd have thought that someone working on a TWP is worthy of 5 points if someone who merely visits the place and leaves again is. Cant risk claiming them and getting refused though.
Old May 1st 2009, 12:02 pm
Just Joined

J2FCM is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: New Brunswick PNP questions / part-qualified ACCA.

Hi Sinead,

Thanks. We would love to meet up with as many BE's as possible on our travels around the province. We are in the process of sorting out a workable itinerary - so will let you know as soon as possible when we will definitely be in Fredericton.

We were owner/managers of a group of companies supplying the DIY and construction sector. The downturn started for us in late 2005 (rising energy prices and cheaper imports), and on the untimely death from a heart attack of the MD in 2006, we had to sell out at cost to a former employee. I managed the finances, operations and IT; my wife HR, sales and marketing. We have kept two of the companies running, but they are barely breaking even in the current climate; we are unable to remortgage or refinance, and are supporting both from our savings.

We have just over 50 points without the job offer points, including the 5 for our pending visit. We still have the entrepreneurial drive! However, we no longer have the capital to invest in, or set up a business in Canada and potentially self-support our young family for two years, as per the rules, with no other income. We have three lovely daughters: aged 6, 4 and 2.

My wife would actually like to study; perhaps another language degree (cheaper option) or a Masters (a lot more expensive). Hence I need to find a job, and the hurdle I will need to overcome as I see it, is the fact that although I have over 12 years senior management experience at Director/Board level, I have few qualifications. That said, I have recently resurrected my student membership of the ACCA. I am sitting two professional papers in June, leaving two left for December if I am successful, before I can claim to be an affiliate (exam qualified, needing 12 months experience for membership).

I have approached the CGA in Canada, as there is a mutual recognition agreement in place - but was told to "just check out our website and apply". Clearly, I can realistically only do that when qualified and settled in Canada, so any referrals, networking opportunities, names of recruitment consultants, recommendations, advice/experience, etc., etc., would be gratefully received!

We have already gained a great deal of general information and advice on the process of immigration and job finding already from searches on BE and other websites. And for that, we thank all that contribute their time and energy in helping those of us that follow in their footsteps.

Regards
Jon