Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

new application procedure...processing times for initial intake application?

Wikiposts

new application procedure...processing times for initial intake application?

Old May 25th 2009, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

canglish is on a distinguished road
Default new application procedure...processing times for initial intake application?

Hi guys...

just sent away my pr application (federal skilled worker, arranged employment) to the initial intake centre in nova scotia. does anyone have any idea how long it takes for this to go through? i pressume fairly quickly considering i then have to mail the rest of it over to london! whats everyones experience with the new procedures?

thanks,

garry
Old May 25th 2009, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Walsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant future
Default Re: new application procedure...processing times for initial intake application?

Hi Gary,

I'm presuming you are applying FSW Cat 1.

We sent ours off to NS on 15th January, but then forgot a page so sent it a few days later, and had our 120 day letter from there three weeks later.

Good luck!
Old May 25th 2009, 8:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: new application procedure...processing times for initial intake application?

what he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Our time-line is in my signature, and we are currently awaiting medical requests

WC...have you had your med requests yet ?
Old May 25th 2009, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Walsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant futureWalsh Clan has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by spaceace
WC...have you had your med requests yet ?
No, not yet, fingers & toes crossed this week! Promise I'll post the second I get them! Based on Poppit's timeline (and it worked last time!) we should get them today or tomorrow (tho' I am making allowances for post to Ireland and the bank holiday!)

Moira.
Old May 25th 2009, 9:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

Well I'll keep mine crossed for you also

We are hoping to get ours when we come back from our annual holiday in a couple of weeks, but realistically, I think ours will not come as soon as yours due to complications....one can hope
Old May 25th 2009, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

I think it was catergory 2? the document checklist said "arranged employment, only for applicants in catergory 2" so?? ah well regardless of what category it was...its sent!! huge relief to finally get it away! and nice to know its fairly quick too!
Old May 25th 2009, 11:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

It certainly is a massive relief to get all that paperwork out of the way where the dog can't eat it.

Good luck with your application!
Old May 26th 2009, 1:00 am

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by canglish
Hi guys...

just sent away my pr application (federal skilled worker, arranged employment) to the initial intake centre in nova scotia. does anyone have any idea how long it takes for this to go through? i pressume fairly quickly considering i then have to mail the rest of it over to london! whats everyones experience with the new procedures?

thanks,

garry
We have this thread running, none of us have heard anything yet, I would imagine that it could be a couple of months.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=604046

Good luck
!

Originally Posted by Walsh Clan
Hi Gary,

I'm presuming you are applying FSW Cat 1.

We sent ours off to NS on 15th January, but then forgot a page so sent it a few days later, and had our 120 day letter from there three weeks later.

Good luck!
FSW Category 1, 2 and 3 all go to NS now.
Good luck to you.
Old May 27th 2009, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

samjr400 is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope you have better luck than us!!! We applied in Feb 09!!! We gave it 3 months and chased it up as we had not heard and it appears they have lost ours. It was sent by Fed-ex and was received at Nova Scotia but who knows where it is now!!! We have resent another batch of forms.
Old May 27th 2009, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

wow thats brutal!! sorry to hear that...ya definetly hope I have better luck than that. I didn't send mine courier because im an idiot so i now have no way of tracking it as it went regular post! it will be there friday im told! so i guess im just playing the waiting ( and praying ) game!
Old May 27th 2009, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

samjr400 is an unknown quantity at this point

they will of had ours for a week now!!! Fingers crossed they dont lose it. It makes you wonder doesnt it!!

Hopefully we should hear quickly we have been lead to believe it is about 4-6 weeks, but I see some folks on here have heard after about 3 weeks.
Old May 28th 2009, 12:28 am
BE Forum Addict

joinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond reputejoinerboy has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: new application procedure...processing times for initial intake application?

Hi
Canglish
I posted my Fsw Cat1 application off to Sydney on the 28/02/09 & received my 120 day letter on the 20/03/09. But wouldn't worry if yours takes a little longer as this could be a result of all new applications going via Sydney and could extend processing times . Hope this helps
Regards
Joinerboy

Last edited by joinerboy; May 28th 2009 at 12:32 am.
Old May 28th 2009, 4:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Alphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to behold

Hi guys...

thanks,

garry
Hi Garry,

From my new thread I've just posted you'll see we've just received our 120 Day letter by e-mail 15 minutes ago so we're pretty happy
Times seem to be pretty similar, they receieved our application on 30/04/2009 and about 21- 28 days seems about right, ours was 28 days!!
Good luck with your application we'd better get our docs sorted now!!!
Old May 28th 2009, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

beauty! congrats on that!! hopefully mine is just as fast and the same response!
Old May 29th 2009, 7:50 am
Forum Regular

Flyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really niceFlyingscottie is just really nice

beauty! congrats on that!! hopefully mine is just as fast and the same response!
over 8 months since initial application, and nearly 4 months since AOR and still no 120 day letter......should we be worried that ours too is lost?

Does anyone have the number to call, and does it matter that we went through a lawyer?

HELP!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.