Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Nervously waiting, experts please advise?

Nervously waiting, experts please advise?

Old Mar 24th 2005, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

Jameso is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nervously waiting, experts please advise?

Well, I had my spousal sponsorship all ready to send to Mississauga when I got a call from the High Commission in London regarding a “FYI rehabilitation application” that I sent in last June. I had faxed them proof of delivery on hearing of a fellow forum member in almost exactly the same position as me. When I spoke to the High Commission they told me to send in another rehab app and that they would turn it round as soon as possible and most likely issue me with a letter of Rehabilitation. Given that the other person got their reply within 4 weeks I am hoping to get my rehabilitation letter in around two weeks. Then I will need to change my spousal application (cover letters etc) to in co-operate this.

When I send my spousal application to Mississauga, do I need to include the original letter of rehabilitation or will a certified copy do?
I don’t want to risk losing it and I also need to travel to Canada in June for three weeks to look into Apartments for when my Canadian partner’s college course starts in June.

Also, as they have admitted losing my original FYI rehab application (causing a 8 month delay on our submitting our spousal application) , do you think they may speed up the processing of the spousal application so that I can go top Canada in September permanently?

Thanks in advance, Jameso
Old Mar 24th 2005, 9:02 pm
whm
Forum Regular

whm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant futurewhm has a brilliant future
Default Re: Nervously waiting, experts please advise?

Originally Posted by Jameso
Well, I had my spousal sponsorship all ready to send to Mississauga when I got a call from the High Commission in London regarding a “FYI rehabilitation application” that I sent in last June. I had faxed them proof of delivery on hearing of a fellow forum member in almost exactly the same position as me. When I spoke to the High Commission they told me to send in another rehab app and that they would turn it round as soon as possible and most likely issue me with a letter of Rehabilitation. Given that the other person got their reply within 4 weeks I am hoping to get my rehabilitation letter in around two weeks. Then I will need to change my spousal application (cover letters etc) to in co-operate this.

When I send my spousal application to Mississauga, do I need to include the original letter of rehabilitation or will a certified copy do?
I don’t want to risk losing it and I also need to travel to Canada in June for three weeks to look into Apartments for when my Canadian partner’s college course starts in June.

Also, as they have admitted losing my original FYI rehab application (causing a 8 month delay on our submitting our spousal application) , do you think they may speed up the processing of the spousal application so that I can go top Canada in September permanently?

Thanks in advance, Jameso
Not the expert, but HALLELUJAH!! I'm so glad to hear that this is starting to move for you, Jameso. It speaks to your character that you aren't flaming mad about the loss/delay etc. I certainly hope they speed things up for you.

All the best and keep me/us posted.

whm
Old Mar 25th 2005, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

Jameso is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nervously waiting, experts please advise?

Originally Posted by whm
Not the expert, but HALLELUJAH!! I'm so glad to hear that this is starting to move for you, Jameso. It speaks to your character that you aren't flaming mad about the loss/delay etc. I certainly hope they speed things up for you.

All the best and keep me/us posted.

whm
Thanks whm, I am hoping so to, but not holding my breath too much!!!

Can Jim or Andrew advise on the above?

Thanks again

Jameso