Wikiposts

In Need Of Some Advice!!

Old Nov 28th 2008, 1:55 am
Just Joined

londongirl33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default In Need Of Some Advice!!

In the summer I visited Ontario.

I met a wonderful man and since then we have been commuting back and forth to be together. We are hoping to get married next year in July

He is a Canadian citizen and I am an english citizen. I have a nine year old daughter and my sister lives in Canada also.

I was wondering where I would stand if we are married and me getting my daughter into a school.?

Do I still need a working temp/ permanate visa in order to get her in to a school.

Any advice would be a great help to me.

Thankyou Kelly

Last edited by londongirl33; Nov 28th 2008 at 2:19 am.
Old Nov 28th 2008, 5:43 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In Need Of Some Advice!!

Hi

Originally Posted by londongirl33
In the summer I visited Ontario.

I met a wonderful man and since then we have been commuting back and forth to be together. We are hoping to get married next year in July

He is a Canadian citizen and I am an english citizen. I have a nine year old daughter and my sister lives in Canada also.

I was wondering where I would stand if we are married and me getting my daughter into a school.?

Do I still need a working temp/ permanate visa in order to get her in to a school.

Any advice would be a great help to me.

Thankyou Kelly
1. Once you marry or meet the definition of Common/law (living together, merged affair for 1 year) the your spouse can sponsor you if eligible.
2. Start your reading here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...cations/fc.asp You will have to make a decision whether to process the application outside Canada or as an in-Canada application.
3. Your daughter would have to obtain a study permit and probably pay international fees until such times that she becomes a permanent resident.
4. You are going to have prove to Immigration that you have custody of her and the ability to remove her from her home country. You may require a court order.