Expidited PR - spousal paperwork?

Old Nov 28th 2008, 4:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

nooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of light
Default Expidited PR - spousal paperwork?

Hi all,
We have just come in on TWP and are thinking about the best way to get PR, which we'd like to kick off in January.

Am I right in thinking that expedited PR through London is the best/quickest way to go still, or does the BCPNP route have advantages?

Also I know we have to use the full not simplified version for the expedited PR, but we are having problems finding the CIC guidance for the full version (lots for the simplified one!) any helpful links would be great!

Finally as the Spouse I know I have to have police checks and medical, but do I need to provide certificates and transcripts of educational courses, and proof of employment?

We are just looking at what we can get started with, as we are anxious for things to go as fast as possible (we had to leave the States because of visa problems and really cant face that happening again).

Any advice from those who have been through this or generally know what they are talking about would be really helpful!
Old Nov 28th 2008, 5:36 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Expidited PR - spousal paperwork?

Hi

Originally Posted by nooka
Hi all,
We have just come in on TWP and are thinking about the best way to get PR, which we'd like to kick off in January.

Am I right in thinking that expedited PR through London is the best/quickest way to go still, or does the BCPNP route have advantages?

Also I know we have to use the full not simplified version for the expedited PR, but we are having problems finding the CIC guidance for the full version (lots for the simplified one!) any helpful links would be great!

Finally as the Spouse I know I have to have police checks and medical, but do I need to provide certificates and transcripts of educational courses, and proof of employment?

We are just looking at what we can get started with, as we are anxious for things to go as fast as possible (we had to leave the States because of visa problems and really cant face that happening again).

Any advice from those who have been through this or generally know what they are talking about would be really helpful!
1. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ns/skilled.asp
2. Only if you are claiming points under adaptability for your spouses education: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...aptability.asp
3. Unless you have 1 years work experience in Canada or are on the expedited list, then PNP is probably your option.

Last edited by JAJ; Nov 29th 2008 at 9:32 pm.
Old Nov 28th 2008, 6:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

nooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of lightnooka is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Expidited PR - spousal paperwork?

Thanks for the links.

My husband is an IT professional (we came in on the LMO exempt scheme) and in category A (university education required) with all the requisite work experience and qualifications. He has arranged employment and a permanent job offer (promised for January though he has started work). On the self assessment test his point score is about 94 (depending on what a definition of basic French is). If my qualifications are added it doesn't seem to make any difference.

As it takes a while to get hold of transcripts etc, it would be nice not to have to bother (my husband has his already)

I thought that the expedited list didn't apply if you had arranged employment and a permanent offer? The list doesn't seem to synchronise with the Matrix - ie on the Matrix he falls into category B 217 Computer and Information Systems Professionals (there is also O 021 for Managers in Engineering,Architecture,Science and Information System) and on the list there is 0213 Computer and Information Systems Managers. His NOC is 9990.6 - how does this translate to the codes given in the expedited list?

All very confusing!